Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:41:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Today at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE Player - Counter Sherman Croc/AB Spam  (Read 14314 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »

Should consider investing in a couple of LATHT's Tank.

Good for chewing up infantry with focus fire, and most importantly you can kill the mobility of the Crocs from a distance.

I don't recall seeing you really use them before, so I'd recommend giving them a whirl.

If you see a Croc + RR's, grab an LATHT, a Marder and the rest in PzGrens w/G43's. Tread break the Croc, start sniping with the Marder. When the RR's come to deal with the LATHT and Marder, pull up the PzGrens and shred them. If no smoke is present, pop focus fire to thin out the RR's faster.

If ATG's show up, tell your teammates to wake up, cause pop for pop that AB player won't be having ATG's for what you've got fielded - Meaning one of the AB's teammates has rolled that shit up.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »

Should consider investing in a couple of LATHT's Tank.

Good for chewing up infantry with focus fire, and most importantly you can kill the mobility of the Crocs from a distance.

I don't recall seeing you really use them before, so I'd recommend giving them a whirl.

If you see a Croc + RR's, grab an LATHT, a Marder and the rest in PzGrens w/G43's. Tread break the Croc, start sniping with the Marder. When the RR's come to deal with the LATHT and Marder, pull up the PzGrens and shred them. If no smoke is present, pop focus fire to thin out the RR's faster.

If ATG's show up, tell your teammates to wake up, cause pop for pop that AB player won't be having ATG's for what you've got fielded - Meaning one of the AB's teammates has rolled that shit up.

Ive seen shab use 3x lathts to much effect, surprisingly chewing up infantry with hhat rather quickly.

They will take out 3 inf from a blob almost every volley and it really adds up.

Tank I think with TD you really need to put your tellers in the likely avenue of the crocs approach. With it incapicated your pgrens should have no trouble mopping up or driving off rr airborne

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:53 pm »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the input. Now lets see if my old ass can put it to work.....lol

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:44 pm »

All things said however, fighting a coy like this AB one with something like tank destroyers is going to be an uphill battle no matter what you do. You have options to deal with it however none are really good options.

Some doctrines simply dont match well.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

All things said however, fighting a coy like this AB one with something like tank destroyers is going to be an uphill battle no matter what you do. You have options to deal with it however none are really good options.

Some doctrines simply dont match well.

Yeh some doctrines are certainly hampered when it comes to effective counters to others........Unless that doctrine is RCA or as I like to call it REALLY COUNTERS ANYTHING!
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 01:45:36 am »

The thing about fighting airborne is that they're non-confrontational units. For the most part I never plan to get in a pro-longed fight with anything when I'm playing airborne. You go in, you fire off the RR's, you run out. Something like pgrens aren't really going to do a whole lot unless you're willing to really commit to chasing them down, which is usually a bad idea. You need something that can kill them fast or prevent them from running away. Artillery is a good idea if you're confident in your ability to hit them, but otherwise using something that can phase RR's mostly to block is the best way to counter them. Getting two scout cars and just blocking the escape while something that can actually kill them comes up would do wonders. The issue most people run into is that they expect Armored cars or scout cars to run in and just kill airborne, but phase armor doesn't work consistently enough for them to be a hard counter to airborne. Block with something airborne can't kill reliably and that your not worried about losing, then just hope they die quickly.

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 02:40:49 am »

Very good explanation ray +1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 02:54:51 am »

any nades that PE has aint work vs crocs. Just count:

AB player can afford to buy 6 crocs. So basically u can dropp AT nade on it when croc charges ya pgrens right? But 1 nade on croc will cost ya a full squad cuz until nade ability will recharge ya squad will be dead lol. U aint gonna have so many pgrens to kill crocs or do so much damage that AB player woulda be hurt cuz of this strat.

Than if ya will kill all dem crocs who gonna kill rifles and rrs?

Ma suggestion stop playing a game that AB player offers to ya, those hit and run tactics and unit exchange aint good for PE. Ma start I wrote here before is based on camping and waiting for Ab to charge ya since ma defensive postions and units r stronger than his attacking units.

Each spam and company has counters its just all about ya game skills. Some players counters good some just sux and QQing or team8s r bad players. Etc I prefer play vs spam than vs combined arms since its easier get hard counters for a spammer.

And tank130 go for a spamming, ya play EIR:R in wrong way lool

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 06:27:12 am »

ya  ya  ya ya ya,  ya ya ya

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 06:49:02 am »

I'd say focus on the mortars and medic. ABs without those= dead ABs
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 07:26:20 am »

I'd say focus on the mortars and medic. ABs without those= dead ABs

I would say focus on playing
instead of praying
some one to kill a mortar gun
cuz u play like canadian scum
go chill in  mini van
u will find there  some nasty fun
and leave dat medic alone
he is good guy from azerbazhian

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 08:12:50 am »

Heres a handy tip on how to protect your tank from most of RR shots that come toward it from smoke without being afraid of taking a lot of damage. do note that this tip has been produced long ago as well.

Build a single tank trap down right in front of the tank and keep it there. Watch how RR shots hit the tanktrap instead of the tank. Watch how RR player rages.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

Not to be judgemental about that suggestion Ugly, but putting your infantry in front of the croc to toss that magnetic AT nade is exactly what the enemy wants you to do. It means he will torch your AI squads and scare them off. A Pzgren squad with G43s, Inc, Magnetic is not a cheap squad anymore. 240 manpower can be up to 130 munitions. Its not cheap to lose a squad like that. Because that Croc is keeping you busy the RRs can and will engage the marder. Remember that Airborne squad reaches useless status after its down to 1 man. 2 men still cary 2 RRs which means infantry casualities can be shrugged off in some cases.

Yes. I tried this.

Hey like I said rusty.  From what I saw in that game it looked like Tank was having a lot of trouble holding his line.  Either RR pushes w/ smoke then Crocs moving in for AI counters or distracting Croc pushes with RRs pushing the flank while everything FFed the Croc. 

In either scenario, I still feel like pgrens on TH would do fine if your goal is protecting your Marder and holding the line. The Pgrens main job is to attack or drive off the RRs everything else should be secondary.  The magnetic nades are there as a defensive measure if the Croc comes into play.  The Marder etc you are protecting should be within range to hit the charging Sherman croc so you shouldn't even need to throw one unless he tries to plow into your pgrens. 

It's a damage race but not necessarily one in the AB players favor if the MP/Muni/Fuel costs are close and he decides to actually stay and fight with both his croc and rrs.

On the attack it's a different story.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

Something else to keep in mind:

RR has exactly the same penetration against front armour as it does back.

If you do get caught in a confrontation against them, don't worry about facing your front armour - Just worry about getting out or getting the RR's dead.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »

That's really awesome to know Hicks!!

I was also told that AB doctrine has an ability that essentially gives the Sherman Croc extra armor or something. That would make it even harder to counter wouldn't it?
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

I was also told that AB doctrine has an ability that essentially gives the Sherman Croc extra armor or something. That would make it even harder to counter wouldn't it?

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 02:37:40 pm »

What's funnier : Croc with churchill armor has better armor than churchill...

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »

That's really awesome to know Hicks!!

Theoretically, yes.

Practically, no.

The Churchill armour is better vs HHAT for the most part, with a bit better performance vs most brands of tank gun.

However, your tatics for dealing with them remain the same: Disable and kill. One well placed Teller or a tread break and let Marders slice them up - You shouldn't be using Shrecks against them no matter the armour due to the whole flamethrower deal they have going on.

What's funnier : Croc with churchill armor has better armor than churchill...

U wot m8?
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

If we compare the Target table Penetration sherman vs chuchill armor
P4 ~ the same
Panther ~ the same
Marder ~ the same
^changes only by 4%

Tiger - 20%
Pak 38 - 20%
Shrek - 35% (~90%vs sherman ~50% vs churchill)
So basically it reduces the received penetration from that stuff that is not weak vs RRs and could keep the croc away
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:40:07 pm by ick312 » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »

So Hicks, are you saying that the Churchill armour has no affect on Marders, 50mm, or Paks?

and ick, I have no idea what you are on about there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc