Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 10:32:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memory Lane  (Read 8022 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »

Ladies and gents, it's time for a trip down...........

In the next day or two we are going to disable doctrines. That's right, we are going to go back to the days of old and reminisce about awesome battles fought with non doctrine buffed units. The true test of man and his ability.........

But don't worry, we will bring them back shortly. This is a test to analyze the state of balance without doctrines. From there we may or may not test doctrines one tier at a time. We will see how it goes. The most important data for now is to determine if vanilla units are balanced.

Bottom unlocks will still be available.

After this test period, we will have a new launcher update and a complete wipe & war reset.

Play them like you stole them people!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:41:15 pm »

yes i cant wait to see pgren blobs vs vanilla rifle blobs. gunna be so even.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:04 pm »

yes i cant wait to see pgren blobs vs vanilla rifle blobs. gunna be so even.

Its not Pgren blobs you'll be afraid of.

It'll be the WM Grenadier blobs that shall tremble your world. Allied LV Meta is coming.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:15:25 pm »

No TB Pgrens to ruin my Churchill armor

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:28:16 am »

Allied LV Meta is coming.

Which will be interesting to see without a mother-load of Armour or RCA or RSE doctrines buffing the crap out of it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:57 am »

Which will be interesting to see without a mother-load of Armour or RCA or RSE doctrines buffing the crap out of it.
RSE buffing lvs Huh Oh no +75hp look out boys

Tbh we need to strip RCA buffing the shit outa everything
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:42:41 am »

Tbh we need to strip RCA buffing the shit outa everything

+1

RCA is superior to everything else British offer. They got Arty, they got INFANTRY, they got ARMOR all in one doctrine. RSE's abilities are crap in comparison, Commandos only have mando Ltd which makes it hilarious while RCA has everything. Why do we buff Canada so much?

All Canadian Devs report out to apologize this incident immediately.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 06:47:04 am »

yo mang, how many people still play this ive broken my heel and have spare time and might play coh/eir again lewl

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 07:02:14 am »

yo mang, how many people still play this ive broken my heel and have spare time and might play coh/eir again lewl

u suck, go russia better, we need not bad mans here.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:47 am »

u suck, go russia better, we need not bad mans here.

wow so doge

pls not send me

its good

so much

Devedit: Nice to see you back, now knock it off......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:48:08 am by tank130 » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 11:59:27 am »

complete wipe

What about the gold people have? All deleted or get to keep it?

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

Wipe is wipe
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 12:25:38 pm »

I think a wipe should be a wipe tbh. Kind of pointless to have a wipe and everyone just have what they had before the wipe......

But the reality is there will probably be so much QQ that the gold will stay. I have 1978 gold and could not give a shit if it goes.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 12:30:56 pm »

im still owed gold and rewards units from years ago. broken promises mang
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 12:31:41 pm »

yup..... gonna stay broken. Need a hug?
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 08:46:34 pm »

Gold will be persistant, and we should decide about cards.

I think cards and gold, because then there can be reward cards given out at the end of each war for players (Like medals I guess)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 10:07:36 pm »

Wipe must be wipe. Lol whats the point of leaving a gold? How many qq were after facing rew units wth ganila coys? Ya leave gold errbody insta buys pack boosts after wipe lol. After total wipe decide what politic will be in the future. I think its goid idea for u guys make new rules and what will be allowed to the next war. But this wipe must be total wipe

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »

Wipe must be wipe. Lol whats the point of leaving a gold? How many qq were after facing rew units wth ganila coys? Ya leave gold errbody insta buys pack boosts after wipe lol. After total wipe decide what politic will be in the future. I think its goid idea for u guys make new rules and what will be allowed to the next war. But this wipe must be total wipe
the only units I forsee being OP in a nilla environment are the Maus, JT and SP.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 02:45:21 am »

Any heavy will wreak havoc in the beginning days.

I've got 2 vet 2 TA's, a vet 2 SP, a vet 3 Lee and a few other reward units lying around, 2 pages worth of reward unit cards unopened and over 2k gold in the bank.

I want a full wipe. If I can bring that kind of fire power to the field on my first match then I truly feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting bastard on the receiving end.

EDIT:

Oh, and when this does hit, I encourage anybody and everybody to post as many replays as possible. I'll be compiling as thorough documentation as I can onto the performance of literally every unit in every doctrine that I can. I'll be playing every doctrine throughout this period and employing every unit to some degree. Being one person, I can only personally cover so much, and will appreciate any replays that I can analyse during the period to help accelerate the process. Fair games with equal skill distribution would obviously be preferred, but even the stomps, stacks and trolls can be insightful.

If people put up some truly fair and solid games which I can use, I might see if I can pull some strings for some rewards to the participants. Nothing major, but a few incentives. IE, somebody shows me the MK VI Churchill being actually competent against decent players whereas everybody is convinced it's a bag of crap... That kinda thing is what I'm looking for. Conversely, if something that is normally rape-face is actually trash without doctrines, I want to see that too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:52:46 am by Hicks58 » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 09:05:41 am »

Cutting out reward units in "This case" would be a mistake in my honest opinion, it is already planned that every time the warmap resets you get to keep gold and cards (under current idea) and I see no reason we should be doint it differently this time around specifically, reward units will always be around in the earlygame later on and it would actually be a bad test if we left them out this time around. If some reward units are simply "to strong" in an environment without doctrines then that's something we should probably need to know and adress.

Finally, it would be equally good to test reward units in a non doctrine environment for the same exact reason you'd like to do this for regular units. Some reward units get massively buffed by doctrines, I'm quite sure nobody here has actually even seen a non-doctrinal maus, the maus most of us know is a lightning was buffed one. There would also be a massive difference it the performance of a TA without doctrines given how much of an accuarcy buff it's given between PA and HEAT, sane goes for the Super Pershing without armor's repair abilites.

No veterans would be kept btw, any current reward unit in a company would be wiped (my poor marines) to my understanding so you'd still be starting with vet 0 units.

Anyway, my 02.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc