Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:39:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: doctrine stats  (Read 13333 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:08 am »

It is all about creative mind Corps. Start thinking, start planning and start looking for alternatives and create alternatives. It ain' that hard. Think what'd be interesting to create and see if it passes. If several people from the community made doctrines, ofc very few would make them because they are lazy slobs like me who prefer to yell more loudly than the others to show that they are actively doing things rather than doing anything.

12 Doctrines.  There'll be hordes and hordes of things.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 01:42:57 am »

It is all about creative mind Corps. Start thinking, start planning and start looking for alternatives and create alternatives. It ain' that hard. Think what'd be interesting to create and see if it passes. If several people from the community made doctrines, ofc very few would make them because they are lazy slobs like me who prefer to yell more loudly than the others to show that they are actively doing things rather than doing anything.

Ive seen numerous things suggested only to be shot down, mostly due to the whole " were done with eir, all our attention is on the new UI for EIR 2"

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 02:17:00 am »

Speaking of suggestions, hey, the bottom row Tier 1 for Armor redundantly gives the Sherman Croc a top-gunner. Can we change that to +10% accuracy for top-gunners instead?

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:53 am »

Ive seen numerous things suggested only to be shot down, mostly due to the whole " were done with eir, all our attention is on the new UI for EIR 2"

This is complete bullshit and infuriates me to no end. Are you seriously that  retarded that you can not tell the difference between what can and can not be done in a reasonable effort. You boast about being here for 6 years, but in that six years you are too stupid to see the reason your moronic ideas fail.......
Seriously XIIcorps stop blabbering off at the mouth before you think.

Our current launcher is a coding dinosaur that requires hours & hours of coding to just make a simple change. Making one tiny change can send of a cascade of errors like fucking domino's. It was slapped together 6 years ago as a proto type and then patched worked together with no real clear direction for 6 more years. No one ever expected it to be where it is now or handle what it has to handle.

For that reason we are creating a new launcher. The new launcher will have better system for program changes. It will also be created with a clear definition of what the end product will be.

Ive seen numerous things suggested only to be shot down

We never "shoot down" people's ideas unless they are just completely stupid and change the game into a completely different game. Even then we do not shoot them down, we just say no, that's not a direction we want to take.

For example: Game modes. Sure, we would love to do that, but who is going to design the exact requirements of the game mode? How would you have the game report. What stats would it report, where would you see those stats. Once that is determined, how do you join those games?

See, it would require a completely new set of code for the launcher. It would take a hundred hours or more to get that tiny suggestion to work. Unless of course no one cared if the game reported.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:08 am »

can we get officers who cn jump in tank and buff it? omg had this shit, was fun tbh

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 10:41:04 am »

can we get officers who cn jump in tank and buff it? omg had this shit, was fun tbh

How about heroes from COHO who can... Ahh fuck it...

ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 11:21:54 am »

tank its not totally right what you are claiming there. i offered alot of ideas in a professional manner. Just to see how certain devs threw the first stone. Which was quite funny, cause later where exactly these units considered as problems and fixed with other ideas then my ones.

A creative atmosphere where ideas could be discussed, brought up and developed requires a lot of TOLERANCE of ALL members and especially from the devs. It could be simply started by starting an OFFICIAL THREAD for DOC IDEAs. In which only full suggestions for all 12 docs are in, all spam bullshit should be deleted(so no discussion only the naked ideas).

Well however i didnt understand why u guys wanted a new launcher. Now i got it.

ps: creative heads always get a shitload of crazy ideas. 90% of those ideas are trash. The question is do you take their thoughts and review them, maybe balance them and innovate OR if you just start the lynch mob on them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:24:31 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »

I agree just putting all 12 doctrines into one spreadsheet to just look at everything overall  has been a pain in the arse.  There are some good things in each doctrine but you can see where the balancing is a problem both within and between each doctrine by actually just looking at them as one comprehensive picture.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »

I agree just putting all 12 doctrines into one spreadsheet to just look at everything overall  has been a pain in the arse.  There are some good things in each doctrine but you can see where the balancing is a problem both within and between each doctrine by actually just looking at them as one comprehensive picture.

Feeling my pain yet? >.>

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »

tank its not totally right what you are claiming there. i offered alot of ideas in a professional manner. Just to see how certain devs threw the first stone.

Really ick? You mean like these professional ideas?

devs never cared really about the playersbases and if games are played or not.
So why should they now bring back doctrines?

pretty funny, we can see the reason why i left this mod and why i still claim that the balance team has no clue:

It could be simply started by starting an OFFICIAL THREAD for DOC IDEAs

Simple? ........ Creating the forum for it, sure that's simple. Just go here and you will see all sorts of threads on the topic. In fact, you will even find where we stickied several topics including Doctine Template to help anyone lay them out.

We have on numerous occasions asked the community to help with doctrine creation. As I mentioned before, some people submitted one or two complete doctrines, but they were not designed or balanced around the remaining 10 or 11 docs.

Everyone and their cousin offers up their idea for specific abilities, but again this is all ideas with no clear definition, balance, or relationship to other doc abilities.

Ick, start a thread for everyone to share ideas. If it is spammed, I will clean it. But in the end, you will have to take those 100's of ideas and create 12 balanced doctrines. I really hope you are successful because we need it.

As you can see from this post

Just looking at the current list is a pain in the ass. Everyone thinks it's easy until they have to touch it.....
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 10:59:54 pm »

Just looking at the current list is a pain in the ass. Everyone thinks it's easy until they have to touch it.....
Tank130 hits the nail on the head right here.

Our doctrine implemetation failed, I believe it failed from day one of the concept phase (but we only realised much much later) and is one of the first mechanics that we will be looking to redesign.

All of this work to get the 12 doctrines into a working, semi-balanced state, should be put elsewhere when the time is right.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 08:34:50 am »

its monday you guys gonna unlock t3 docrines?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 01:08:01 am »

yo where is t3 doctrine unlocks? y u tricked us hicks.

I cry
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 01:48:48 am »

Deez ManTears

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »

yo where is t3 doctrine unlocks? y u tricked us hicks.

I cry

They are re-enabled, stop crying.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 01:02:35 pm »

when t4 coming back?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 01:35:11 pm »

When Nelson gets his eye back.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 11:21:28 pm »

when t4 coming back?
Next week . _ .
Have u ever read what tank130 said ?