Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:27:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Do you want a war reset (Only gold remains)
Yes. - 16 (53.3%)
No. - 13 (43.3%)
Cant decide/Comment (Make post) - 1 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War reset at next patch? (June 1st)  (Read 17201 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: May 27, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »

So, do we want a war reset?

I will probably lower the max/ starting defence for sectors as well, to probably half.

Regards
-EIRRMod

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:16 pm »

So it will be just warmap reset or also reseting companies?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

So it will be just warmap reset or also reseting companies?
As the poll states, only gold would remain.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:28:49 pm »

If there's a poll, I can't see it... So all the cards to huh?

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:33:50 pm »

Would be neat for the cards to go. I'd argue the gold should go too, but I'm sure some people would be up in arms if everything went poof.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »

tbfh it'd be a bit fucked if cards went but gold stayed, what, never heard of savings in assets?  Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »

2 Pages of reward units for me per side atm, but I'd rather see a fully clean slate than stare at a collection.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 02:44:25 pm »

Quick ! sell all your cards!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:45:48 pm »

Savings... What is this a fucking bank or video game lol

I see reset can be done in two ways:
1. Reseting only warmap and leaving gold/reward units.
2.  Reseting everything

What is the point leave gold so had a chance to buy reward units and inmeantime youareremoving them
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »

Yeah, that's why I'd say remove everything. Cards, Companies, Currency.

It wouldn't be much of a reset if somebody with 10k gold went and mass brought a crap ton of gold/silver card packs and got back all the reward units they had in the first place.

Even worse is that they'd have a starting game advantage over people who actually used their funds.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:52:41 pm »

The boosters are hardly a reliable method of gaining anything specific.

Unless some crooked eirr player has saved a million dogebucks for this reset
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »

The boosters are hardly a reliable method of gaining anything specific.

Unless some crooked eirr player has saved a million dogebucks for this reset

I heard 1 dutch guy has 57k + gold and like 14 full pages of reward units

What a jew. Light a torch people its time to burn rich moth*r f**kers lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:10:30 pm by Shabtajus » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »

Shab, back in your cage, no double posts and no hating on jews.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »

Well, as shab said - gold/cards remain is also an option, but Id prefer people to sell off their cards, keep the gold, and then have a new market tbfh.

Can noone see the poll?  (Thats odd....)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »

Goes to edit his post, quotes it. Well played Shab.

You won't gain anything specific Smokaz, but if somebody has 5-10k gold (Which is plausible, I've got 2.5k stored and I've been spending mine fairly often) then they can get 10-20 gold packs, not counting the warmap specific cards you can sell back to get 50-60% of the pack's worth back depending on how many units you get which would probably make it closer to 14-28 packs.

That's what, 70 - 140 individual opportunities for high grade units (These are gold packs after all, just double the chances for silver packs) from the onset of the war? I'd say there's a pretty fair chance there would be something useful there.

That's just a rough estimate, and a fairly conservative one as I imagine that there are people with more than that saved up.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:49 pm »

Still sound unfair EirrMod. I see what you want is having active market. No gold-no market. But i doubt ppl will start buying packs to get rew units that later sell in market. Packs r too risky and only ppl who will win here are gold campers
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:53 pm »

I would prefer to see a complete wipe of everything and increase the rareness of reward units. The things are handed out like candy from the back of my van ffs.

BTW - I have 3,958 gold and 5 pages of cards that I could sell off to increase that gold. A wipe that retains the gold can create a massive unfair advantage.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:59 pm »

No company resets, they only make you have to rebuild companies and lose vet, if people want new strats or companies they are free to build those at any time, don't need any resets for that. Warmap should reward  players for participating, not  punish them like it has been with all these resets. What is the point of having a persistence mod if there are resets all the time??

Now that vet is finally reasonable and not ridiculously difficult to attain there is actually a point to try to vet up units, if you reset everyone will lose their progress, how is that fun for anyone? In a a balanced game with persistence, there should not be any resets. It would be like me playing war thunder and finally getting a Tiger tank and then, UH OH, reset, you lose everything. Or going through 12 years of school and then UH OH, reset, you have to go back to kindergarten.

The idea that you need company resets to have fresh gameplay is  ridiculous because players are always creating new companies and the metagame is constantly changing in favor of different strategies. The only thing that a company reset does is remove any sense of persistancy and vet meaning everyone will build suicide and spam companies, that's not more fun, definitely not a step forward in any sense of progress. The only reason that it brings back players is because wipes are scheduled with big updates that promise new features, units or doctrines or better balance.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:01:25 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 05:52:08 pm »

No reset imo.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »

Can you all see the poll now?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc