Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:57:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault nades  (Read 8777 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« on: May 28, 2014, 06:26:02 pm »

Is it possible to use this ability without the assault icon popping up.
For 50mu a go, the icon popping up really broad casts whats about to happen, rendering it useless.

This also includes inc assault.

Even if it were to increase the abiltiy cost by 5mu so that you can effectivly build a coy around it.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:43:59 pm »

There used to be a Blitz T4 that removed the icon. It was some pretty broken shit

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:30 pm »

There used to be a Blitz T4 that removed the icon. It was some pretty broken shit
t4s are supposed to be
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:50 pm »

preaching to the choir man. Just sayin I doubt it's going to come back
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:59 pm »

Dem times when it was so fucking rape it made even the most calmest of players rage
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:05 am »

I miss the times when the T4's raped ass, they're all so bland and boring these days imo.

Stuff like that needs to return, assault used to be uber powerful but if you recognised it you could counter pretty easy if you paid attention.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:40:22 am »

I miss the times when the T4's raped ass, they're all so bland and boring these days imo.

Stuff like that needs to return, assault used to be uber powerful but if you recognised it you could counter pretty easy if you paid attention.

The old assault was broken in a sense that  as long as the target was alive more and more grenades would fly at them. I had a company of volkssturm that did it.

The current assault tho sucks ass. the spread is crap and iti s easy to dodge because the broadcasting in it.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 01:47:51 am »

The old assault was broken in a sense that  as long as the target was alive more and more grenades would fly at them. I had a company of volkssturm that did it.

The current assault tho sucks ass. the spread is crap and iti s easy to dodge because the broadcasting in it.
thats it man, the current assault requires you to click 1 button, apon which the assault icon appears and alerts any allied player with eyes thet assault nades are incoming.
All the while the axis player has what 15 seconds to use this SINGLE use ability youve just paid 45-65mu for.

Would it be possible for it to just go back to a single button for assault nades, not the button chain it currently uses.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 09:01:28 am »

It should be a single click to throw volley of grenades that can obliterate an entire squad if not carefully avoided and especially effective when used in combination with ambush or a surprise attack. A way to overwhelm any unsuspecting allied players in a quick assault.

Maybe try to do another rework? it doesn't seem to be particularity useful in it's current version. Bundled grenade seems like a far better choice.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:21 am »

I'm fairly sure assault will get some form of work, currently it is quite shit.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 02:26:06 pm »

Fixing it would be easy.
1. REMOVE the need to press assault icon then grenade throw icon, go back to single assault nade button.

Or

2. Keep the above but remove the "assault" ability fx that warns every player in westeros that your about to throw nades at them.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:58 pm »

What the fuck has happend to you guys?
Did all of you suddenly just get hit by a burst of Retardation??

Old assult was broken, It was really fucking broken, like really really really broken, same with Retardedwarfare for AB.
10 squads of volks with assults against any infantry coy that relied on expensive stuff was fucked, ATGs? fucked, Rangers? Commandos? You fucking betcha they were fucked.

never stopping supression breaking Nade spamming crap was a pain in the ass as its only real counter was a tank and any comptitent player would have been able to use an atg/panther to fuck up an allied defence.

Then, oh my god that T4.
nothing was more fun than storms with assult nades, Elite armour allready on them and not showing the warning they would rape anything that came in their visinity, then add the +1 bundle and youd have a unit more capable of Raping ass than a Oak leaf KCH on steroids.

Please guys, just delete this thread, sure assult is kinda bad and was hit with the bat, might just be made better with a price decreese but reverting it back to what it was is the last thing you guys want to do.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »

just needs the icon removed to make it viable again. the reason going back to the old version would suck is because people were entering houses or halftracks for 1 second to cancel the ability

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »

tbfh, removing icons on assault grenades would be silly. I remember when the mid doctrine did that (post nerf) and it was hilarious, and stupidly good. Dodging a grenade is one thing, dodging 5 grenade without warning is nigh impossible and probably means gib, to much gib prowess.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »

what about giving the icon a delay?.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:58 pm »

tbfh, removing icons on assault grenades would be silly. I remember when the mid doctrine did that (post nerf) and it was hilarious, and stupidly good. Dodging a grenade is one thing, dodging 5 grenade without warning is nigh impossible and probably means gib, to much gib prowess.
remove telltale and increase cost or keep it and decrease cost ?

I know the power of them but they are deadset useless as a choice unless your opponent is asleep.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 07:42:36 am »

I could imagine what it was like if there were no altering assault icon, and as the experience seems to tell it already, no deal.
Best way to do it is like mentioned: regular grenade throw icon -> click -> assault warning pops up -> all throw their grenades (because of the suppresion, add 1s delay compared to normal grenade, but not for inc assault). People can dodge even normal nades if they just pay attention and good players usually do. This way there's the needed warning delay, but also you don't have to bungle between the assault and actual grenade throw icon. Compromise.
Anyways assault still works like an expensive short force retreat if you need to look at the positive sides lol.

NOTE: inc assault shown range is too long, allways when clicking to throw nades at the border of the range, they have to run a bit closer before throwning their nades. Maybe inc assault is showing the same range as normal assault which got actually longer range?

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 08:25:10 am »

I think it's more to do with all members of the squad needing to be in the necessary range.

The range shown is relative from one of the soldier's positions (Which is usually the guy holding the weapon when it comes to standard grenades, stickies, fausts, etc) but when every member of the squad has to get up and throw a grenade, the ability doesn't activate until all of them are within distance.

So if the range is centred around the front or middle guy in the squad, you've gotta wait for the guy at the back to get in range before they throw.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 11:09:34 am »

Yes people you've heard me say it before so I'll say it again.

Once mysthalin gets things together and gets to lead the balance again changes will be made. Including Assault nades.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 11:32:04 am »

That's kind of obvious since he's told us of that. Better to gather bugs/improvement ideas now before he does his balance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc