Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:38:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] M10 compared against Stug  (Read 30289 times)
GelezinisVilkas Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 25, 2014, 12:46:36 am »

Anyone thinks this tank needs some love? I think that M10 needs its fuel price and popcap lowered. Given a choice of Stug or M10, I'll choose the Stug any day because it is more popcap efficient, multi roled and cheaper in terms of fuel allowing for more vehicles.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:04 am »

Its a dedicated AT unit which can solo anything upto a panther.
What more do you want from it ?

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:02 am »

There was a time when the exact opposite argument was made. M10 is priced as such because of how throwaway it used to be

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:23 am »

i am to lazy to check the stats, but the 45 range for stug with a fuel price of 150, was a mistake

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
GelezinisVilkas Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:12 am »

There was a time when the exact opposite argument was made. M10 is priced as such because of how throwaway it used to be

At 220 fuel, even buying a sherman with no upgrades for 95 MP more is way better. A sherman is multi-roled and isn't as easily killed as an M10. I like to see more people use M10s really.

Its a dedicated AT unit which can solo anything upto a panther.
What more do you want from it ?

As it stands, I rather use a marder or a 50mm ATHT if I have to pick from dedicated AT roles. Hell even the upgun puma is pretty effective compared to the M10.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:59:19 am »

i am to lazy to check the stats, but the 45 range for stug with a fuel price of 150, was a mistake
not really, its a limited traverse  that had what 35 range ?

It desperately needed some love.

The m10 is a solid 45 range, 6 speed chase down anything AT unit with added crush.

Combine the M10  armor doc buffs and its a beast.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 03:01:33 am »

I'm not saying it's right, but you were not around, and (un)fortunately don't know of the never-ending M10 spam that used to exist. Perhaps the price could do with further tweaking.

I'm just letting you know why the price is so high, M10's are incredibly effective in packs, I guess whoever was BT Lead decided they needed to stop that, so increased the price.

P.S Stug is an Assault Gun in the game, not a dedicated AT unit

Edit:

I personally think M10's are fine as they are. They're still incredibly useful, it's easy to get 4 of them and still have plenty more AT and a huge amount of AI on all doctrines, they have a specific hit & run role which they excel in, I think they're fine.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:05:42 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:36:25 am »

Giving them the same fuel cost as a Sherman is a bit silly, though. I don't ever consider using one, even on my Armored company, because of it. I'd suggest lowering their fuel cost from 220 to 200, and leaving it at that. Otherwise, 30 munitions for a repair is a great deal, and the slow mine seems incredibly useful for the price.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:44:11 am »

M10 45 range Tank destroyer

If you wish to compare it to a Marder III a 60 range tank destroyer you are basically comparing it to a anti tank gun so we can ignore marder in this thread as it is PE Anti tank gun, same with 50mm ATHT aka pak38 on wheels.

The main reason for such price is that M10 is fast, has a quickly rotating turret and known of crushing infantry(more of a perk). Mobile tank destroyer which can be thrown away without a much of a risk was unwanted thus the price was put to 220 fuel, now you have to kill something but majority of things you kill costs more than the M10 (unless targets were light vehicles in which case M10 wasn't cost effective fuelwise). With 2 M10s you can take on and possibly kill a panther and still win in terms of trade. 450 fuel non skirted panther vs 440 fuel 2x M10s. 490 fuel for skirted Panther. It is a great deal regardless if you can kill a enemy heavy tank or even a single medium and you earned your resource worth with it.

If it comes to tank destroying role M10 excells at it quite efficiently. It can go toe to toe with everything but a panther. (marder, 50mm HT, Gwagon ignored due to their class being more of a anti tank gun due to 60 range, reward units also ignored).

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:10 am »

Im in favor of m10 buff, but I also think doctrines are not nice enough towards the m10.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 07:50:43 am »

The m10 is currently one of the most effective tanks in the game. A single one can easily solo a P4 (a far more expensive tank) and can take massive chunks out of a panther or larger tank used cleverly and as intended (kiting, flanks, chases in back country). Not to mention the incredible cost earning potential of an m10 that is used to hunt repairing tanks far behind enemy lines or retreating wounded tanks.

Couple this with its extraordinary crush capabilities and you have a terrifying tank. On axis, no tank is more feared. Not a sherman, not a traditional pershing etc.

This is one unit that seems well balanced in against its intended role and its cost.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:32 am »

The M10 is capable of sitting face to face with a PzIV and winning a slug-fest.

That alone makes it cost-efficient.

If you run a spotter with an M10 then you'll get some good results from it, and it can be a very effective supporting AT piece when used alongside an ATG.

There is of course the option of dual M10 hunting packs, which if allowed to get into enemy flanks will wreck anything shy of a reward super heavy.

HVAP and Mobile warfare are both very kind to the M10, especially HVAP due to the penetration and the damage increase especially.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 09:38:57 am »

Long ago when m10s could snipe infantry terror was bought to everyone. i remember using mobile warfare and getting 2 m10s with calling it in  and geting 10+ kills a piece.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
GelezinisVilkas Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:06:29 pm »

TBH a super heavy is a more common sight on the battlefield these days than a P4.

The arguments you're running are, Unit A is very cost effective vs Unit B, therefore unit A is fine. Unit A + Unit C working in together works great. Well no shit, you spent more popcap, resources and micro on it. You definitely expect it to work better.

M10 is only cost effective vs a P4 but against virtually everything else on the battlefield, its kinda crap. Those of you who keep saying its a great tank, show me your replays with it because I've no idea how to make this unit work.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

TBH a super heavy is a more common sight on the battlefield these days than a P4.

The arguments you're running are, Unit A is very cost effective vs Unit B, therefore unit A is fine. Unit A + Unit C working in together works great. Well no shit, you spent more popcap, resources and micro on it. You definitely expect it to work better.

M10 is only cost effective vs a P4 but against virtually everything else on the battlefield, its kinda crap. Those of you who keep saying its a great tank, show me your replays with it because I've no idea how to make this unit work.
dont use it to attack head on.
Use its speed to rush in from a flank fire a ahot or two and pull back
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 02:59:57 pm »

Alone it's an assasin, in groups they are "I want this dead no matter the cost" swarmers. They do that just fine.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 03:50:05 pm »

Actually while were on the subject, if anything the achillies could use its speed brought upto m10 level.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 04:12:46 pm »

230 FU Firefly on wheels. That shit's fine.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »

230 FU Firefly on wheels. That shit's fine.

ehh.

i find it pretty meh. you get 1 cloaked pack shot you need to go repair :p
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 05:05:59 pm »

You've got 50 range, why are you dicking about with it up front where paks can shoot at it? o.O
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc