Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:22:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffing Mand  (Read 24267 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 02:54:59 pm »

Basically improving stens is a great step forward in increasing their potential firepower. Their rifles are good enough (If rifles were improved the Officer buffs would simply make rifle mandos more attractive than assault ones).

Alternative way to do thing is to split commandos into 2  units. Sten version and Rifle version. The rifle version would be munitionwise cheaper and can be invested with PIATs and sten version enjoys better close quaters, and maybe they'd have lower cooldown on their suppression break for increased combat potential.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »

Can anyone do a comparsion for a Enfield vs mando enfield.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »

Sure.

The commando enfield fires sliiiiiighly (Almost insignificantly) faster, is sliiiiiighly (5%) more accurate at mid and long range and reloads sliiiiiiiiiiightly (completly insignificantly) slower. I was going to say theres no difference, technically there is but you could swap them with the tommy enfields and nobody would ever, ever, snowballs chance in hell notice.

Oh, that's if mandoes actually used the commando rifle, they don't, they use the standard Lee_Enfield. That Enfield_Mando is just there to confuse people.

Also, what fool said they had +5 health? They don't, it's just a 6 man tommy squad model wise.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:08:34 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 05:10:41 pm »

TL;DR version of Niko's post:

Tommy Enfield/Commando Enfield = Same fucking gun.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 08:30:52 pm »

TL;DR version of Niko's post:

Tommy Enfield/Commando Enfield = Same fucking gun.

then why are we actually using this as a arguement, or justification for their price or as nightrain says being fine.

they arent like storm kars which seem really really good in comparison to volks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:12:38 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2014, 09:34:54 pm »

Could you uh, try that first sentence again?

Also, Storm KAR is used by Storms and Grenadiers, Volks KAR used by Volks, Panzer Grenadier KAR used by (Shock horror) PzGrens.
Ver Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:30 am »

Mandos don't need much buff. It's more about changing doctrine, than changing the unit.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 01:38:29 am »

lately all i see is every ally allied doctorine getting fuking OP smoke.

as allied player i would trade smoke for big ass tanks that axis have or superrior axis infatry. Why bother micro hard using smokes when you can jus go straight forward without thinking. Why dont you complain about it gork? Or what about defensive officer buffing ALL units in radius   Roll Eyes

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 03:13:04 am »

Nerf the fuking mado officer,or raise the pop its fuking op or make it that it doesn't buff other inf except mandos.... lately all i face is commando coys , raping all kind of inf i  use against them and with the smoke they r fuking untouchable even with 4 mp40 storms fail to kill em coz of the ninja smoke...

lately all i see is every ally allied doctorine getting fuking OP smoke.I am not against smoke its just that only one side benifit from it and that is ally all the way , make it that both sides get disadvantage from smoke , its fuking retarded that ally can fire accuratel in smoke as axis fail to hit anything at all.

BOTH SIDES SHOULD BE EFFECTED BY SMOKE OR NO MORE SMOKE AT ALL

U CAN TAKE THIS AS A RAGE POST IF U WANT FOR WAT I AM EXPERIENCING  FROM THE GAMES THAT I PLAYED LATELY ,I don't mind if the doctorine tree get changes but buffing mandos  NO FUCKING WAY,
Smoke from Mortars, offmaps, onmap things like riflenades, nades or CCT's confer what are essentially neutral bonuses.

If your enemy uses smoke you can use their smoke to your advantage.

Now unless ive misread your post, which wouldnt be a shock as its poorly written. The "mando" smoke you may be refering to is a "get out of jail free" ability. Its is essenitally a supression breaker as nikomas has pointed out, its names suppression_break.rgd.

This is the mandos fireup, without the combat buffs. Not to mention its now Vet 1 and has a rediculous cooldown most squads dont see 2 uses onfield in a game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:41:34 am by XIIcorps » Logged

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »

Not to mention its now Vet 1 and has a rediculous cooldown most squads dont see 2 uses onfield in a game.

This.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

This.

This actually encourages to not to use them as meat shields. 1 match and all your squads should be vet 1.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

they arent a meat shield. they die like meatshield though.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:25 am »

This actually encourages to not to use them as meat shields. 1 match and all your squads should be vet 1.
This alone proves you have ZERO business being in this thread in any capacity. Commandos need 14 xp to get to vet 1. Given that you gain 6 xp for bringing them on and pulling them off, you now need 8xp in game to get to vet1. You would need to kill 8 guys on every squad to do that unless you were killing higher xp units like KCH and what not. Now remember that this thread was started based around the idea that commandos are shitty units that need a buff. After one game where 7/9 of my commandos survived, ONE is now vet 1. Now that a decent number of units get free abilities at vet 1, people actually retreat shit more often, making getting those 8 kills even more difficult. Go play a real game with commandos and get all of them to vet 1 in that game. Get HALF of your mandos to vet 1 in that game. You'll be a pretty god damn worthless team mate as you baby the shit out of them, because it will rarely just happen that one squad gets 8 kills.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:04 am »

i am not going to read through the past pages of Bullshit and waste my time on loooooooooooosy agrumentations

MANDOS ARE FINE WHY??? because they kill 4 Man KCH!!! - IF ANYONE WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT THEM would have ever tried them, then this thread wouldnt exist.
 It depends gets the first shot, with "smoke hide" Mandos win. KCH are still better (better Crit type) thats why cost differences are justified!

People think Mandos are a mainline infantry. They are not! They are a sharp razor blade - cutting through, so other troops can advance
Have you ever actually used Mandos Ick ?
How does "smoke hide" allow mandos to beat KCH ?, during the cloak phase of smoke mandos stop firing.

So please tell me how they beat 4man KCH, 9/10 they'll loose that fight due to mandos being exactly 6 man tommies with soldier armor vs 4 man elite armor.

If you bother to read through the past pages you would see Nikomas has posted the stats for Stens compared to MP40's and low and behold MP40's are actually better then stens.
Stens are 135mu
Mp40's are 60mu

Work that one out Icksta
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 03:25:09 am »

There is sth like unit modifiers corps. For example shrek accuracy is differnet on storms and volks. Same with volks  (mp40s) and commandos (stens). Also since there is 6 man with greater power it should cost more. Also due to stens greater ROF they are better in smoke (that's how u use close combat weapons lol... with smoke).
This alone proves you have ZERO business being in this thread in any capacity. Commandos need 14 xp to get to vet 1. Given that you gain 6 xp for bringing them on and pulling them off, you BLAH BLAH BLAH

Last game, when I played mandos I've got like 29 kills. Stens used with smoke cannot be killed easily. If the smoke runs out, you just pop ups commando smoke and errthing is fine. Also. You can easily kill anything (KCHs especially), when you pop up smoke and start firing (close combat). Your mandos are invisible, but your stens are raping. Basicly it's what ick said :
It depends who gets the first shot, with "smoke hide" Mandos win. KCH are still better (better Crit type) thats why cost differences are justified.

We made a test 2 months ago. Apparently Oak leaves with fanaticism lose to bottom t4 mandos. I can record a video to prove my words.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:34:24 am by GrayWolf » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 03:34:01 am »

There is sth like unit modifiers corps. For example shrek accuracy is differnet on storms and volks. Same with volks  (mp40s) and commandos (stens). Also since there is 6 man with greater power it should cost more. Also due to stens greater ROF they are better in smoke (that's how u use close combat weapons lol... with smoke).
Last game, when I played mandos I've got like 29 kills. Stens used with smoke cannot be killed easily. If the smoke runs out, you just pop ups commando smoke and errthing is fine. Also. You can easily kill anything (KCHs especially), when you pop up smoke and start firing (close combat). Your mandos are invisible, but your stens are raping.
Eh....
Have you also not seen that you pay 23mu per sten, the same cost for 4x MP44's something that actually rips.

Stens have poop acc at Long and medium range, and have to get within 8m of their target before they start hitting.
All other SMG's do not have this problem, they all have tolerable medium range acc.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:30 am »

Stens have poop acc at Long and medium range, and have to get within 8m of their target before they start hitting.
All other SMG's do not have this problem, they all have tolerable medium range acc.

Using SMGs for medium and long range is wrong. Any other weapon is better. Vanilla rifles are better. Your argument is invalid.

Ok, making video about commando tactics. Will upload it this evening. And please don't troll guys. We don't want to lose our playerbase ;/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:38:41 am by GrayWolf » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 04:39:24 am »

Using SMGs for medium and long range is wrong. Any other weapon is better. Vanilla rifles are better. Your argument is invalid.

Ok, making video about commando tactics. Will upload it this evening. And please don't troll guys. We don't want to lose our playerbase ;/
OMG, you missed the point completely.
You have to get within 8m for stens to do anything was my point.
Do you only read the first half of a sentance and base your retort on that ?

Will this video on Sten tactics be like your "video" on Piat tactics ?

Last game, when I played mandos I've got like 29 kills. Stens used with smoke cannot be killed easily.
Those 29 kills were made up of Pios, Volks and Pgrens.
Come see me when those 29 kills are KCH, Grens, Assgrens, FJ's or Storms.
We made a test 2 months ago. Apparently Oak leaves with fanaticism lose to bottom t4 mandos. I can record a video to prove my words.
Bottom T4 mandos ? you mean Enigma Decoded, the T4 that makes all inf and vechs have Jeep like detection, also giving more radio trigs. Nah mate your off your rocker there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:03:49 am by XIIcorps » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 06:43:26 am »

Had this funny game yesterday, my mp44 storms (cheaper than sten mando) vs mandospamcoy by decent player. Tldr, storms rapid mandos, mandos gloriously killed capping folks most game.

Mandos are so nöt worth it
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 08:45:48 am »

Thread cleaned.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:46:04 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: