Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:27:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret tips from the undiscovered vault  (Read 8197 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: May 13, 2016, 08:32:29 am »

Make sure to give [your tank] a move order before its turned out of control. This seems to help ensure that a OOC engine destroyed tank will circle around for a LONG WHILE. While it does so, both the mg and the main gun will auto-target the enemy.

While a tank is out of control, it is dangerous. If you however have a safe way to put a vehicle in its path, colliding with another tank will make the OOC tank explode, and stop the zombie gun. Even a jeep can do this. OOC tanks can crush inf, dont try that.

You can use cheap units to destroy roads, when you have defend. Sending a fast unit up their road may trigger several spawn arty barrages, creating yellow cover on red cover roads. This breaks up the pathing of the tank, and slows down their first unit and any road-using reinforcements for the entire game.

Recrewing a MG weapon entity resets the supression ability of bars on the remaining rifle squad. The same might be true for g43s, but for natural reasons less viable.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:35:35 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:46:58 am »

Dont team up with panda lol

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:49:54 am »

#3 The same thing can be accomplished with a couple of well placed Tank Traps or Hedgehogs, which is useful for when you've not got a disposable unit on hand. Doesn't work for heavy-crush units, but it's an uncostly alternative.

----------------------------------------------------

You can extend the max range of most weapons by using attack ground - the round can potentially scatter over your max range and into your desired target.

The old favourite, certain thick bushes and tree clusters can be shot through using attack ground, a good example would be either of the large tree clusters near to the town on Tanteville. Note that one or two smarter map makers mix proper hedges into the tree clusters to prevent this.

Recoilless Rifles have the same penetration front and back on all targets, there's no need to spend time and effort flanking.

Suppression abilities also increase suppression of thrown weapons, for example using BAR suppression fire will cause any thrown grenades to suppress squads so long as the ability is active. (Unsure if we patched it, but pretty certain it still works)

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:53:32 am »

If a player from oposite team BC'ing a game make sure you watch his BC. You can alt+tab during game once in a while and see what your enemy has and arange lol charge at week points of his side lol

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:33:05 am »

#11 - Check Corsix (or ask a member/dev that can) to find out the stats of your units--some will perform surprisingly well outside of their intended role (such as the Hetzer, which, as it has been explained to me, has only an 11% lower chance to hit an infantryman than a Sherman), which can make your company more versatile.

#12 - Sabotage crew weapons--if you have a spare mine and there is an abandoned ATG that you don't need, put a mine next to it. With luck, it will detonate and kill the infantry trying to recrew it, the ATG itself, or both!

#13 - If sitting on the border of two sectors, you can use the facing order (by click-dragging) to orient a squad so that they have at least one member in each of the two (or more) adjoining sectors--this will allow one squad to hold them all!

#14 - Sticky bombs are excellent anti-ATG devices--you can sticky an enemy Pak or ATG (if it is crewed) and take off roughly 33% of its health with a single sticky detonation. Fausts are a viable alternative and can also be used against mortars and MGs, but can end up missing their target.

#15 - ATGs are wonderful for taking down ambient buildings (over the course of a minute or two). If you don't have the tools to assault a squad of troops in a building, don't bother--just take down the building from afar.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:00:41 am »

#16 you can double stack mines by giving both orders before the first one has started to build
tehbloxx4h Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:13:05 am »

#16 you can double stack mines by giving both orders before the first one has started to build
isn't this an exploit??
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 11:27:30 am »

If a player from oposite team BC'ing a game make sure you watch his BC. You can alt+tab during game once in a while and see what your enemy has and arange lol charge at week points of his side lol

Fucking stream snipers.

17# If you're not sure what to purchase in the lanucher, buy few scouting units (like jeeps or kettens). Scouting always was and still is the best counter to most of the problems.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:31:03 am by GrayWolf » Logged

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 04:19:43 pm »

Ah the good old instagib rangers with firecrackers.

18# Look up old metas and abuse them, people cant counter what they dont expect.

19# If you are playing THs you can throw AT nades on a teller to detonate it to kill any pesky infantry thats sitting on top of it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:38:29 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 05:32:09 pm »

#20 every callin less then 8 pop extends your reinforcement timer drastically.

#21 it only takes 1 mine to make the enemy team cautious
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:47:09 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 11:47:51 pm »

Dont team up with panda lol
so ive been turned into a tool tip

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 12:43:52 am »

so ive been turned into a tool tip
frankly if your turned into anything useful consider it a blessing.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 01:11:17 am »

frankly if your turned into anything useful consider it a blessing.

RIP Panda 2000-2016

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 06:44:55 am »

RIP in pepperoni
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 10:56:33 pm »

Needed a tip how to win a game with Smokaz being on the team tbh
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 12:30:16 am »

Mute him on teamspeak.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Walkin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 02:14:19 am »

Needed a tip how to win a game with Smokaz being on the team tbh
Tell Smokaz that he is your friend, and that you believe in him. A little positive reinforcement can go a long way.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 08:12:30 am »

#22 dropping parachuting units at the edge of the playable area of a map reduces drift drastically

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 06:44:10 pm »

Deleted the ridiculously off topic posts.

Keep it on track or I lock it and move on.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 08:32:52 pm »

#23 suppression reduces damage of the units in question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc