Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:21:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tex map conversions  (Read 22694 times)
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 13, 2008, 09:54:03 am »

As many of you know I have joined your little community (and intend on hanging around). anyway I have been asked to convert some of my maps to work with EiR, and I would enjoy hearing form some of you who have played them, and what changes should be made as well as which maps to convert. Also I would like to hear from those who have played EiR longer than me (one played 2 times so far, myself) how many points a good 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 map should have.

map list:
Road2Caen : may be to long to work effectively
Black swamp : terrain favors one side
Industrial conplex : kind of small 2 v 2
main Street : to small, maybe a 1 v 1
Desert Fox : seems good for a 2 v 2
Supply Lines : curently a 2 v 2 but might be better as a 3 v 3
Crossing the Rhine (my version, sorry nobody) : good mp map but is it a good EiR map?
Desert Tactics : a 2 v 2 that also would probably be best as a 3 v 3
Operation Baytown : 3 v 3 very interesting terrain and high detail (so it is demanding on computers)
Desert Hill : no good for this mod
Canyon : could be good but I and not sure, 2 v 2
Hurtgen Strom/dawn/Snow : which ones good 2 v 2 and maybe a smaller 3 v 3.

All maps with coding will have the code removed (except flares on Hurtgen St/Dw/Sn), and Desert Hill, Canyon, and most recent version of Desert Fox were in the Afrika map pack.

maps are listed in order of creation and older maps may lack some of the detail of newer ones, if an older map is suggested I would overhaul the map.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:59:11 am »

Ohh maps cant be 2 long 4 eir Wink

And Welcome Wink! Now we shoud be able to get enave maps for the warmap Wink

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:07:07 am »

Any place where I can check out screenshots and the like for those maps?
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:27:56 am »

All my maps have screenshots at the download site, filefront/CoH. this thread has links to all the maps:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=125501
just look for my post, near the end. every map should have an overhead map picture.

this thread has a few screens of the Hurtgen maps and is the only place with the Snow version pictures:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=173361
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 11:09:51 am »

When I was looking for mappers to "bring over" to the EIR community it was TEXAS' Hurtgen map that caught my attention, it looks great and I think it would have some awesome infantry battles on it, so I cant wait to see it in EIR.  Along with that his current WIP looks amazing as well.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 11:12:41 am »

this community seems to be able to snag all the good mappers Smiley.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:16:05 am »

Maps of yours I'd definately like to see reworked for EiR. Hopefully all with multiple weather options, loading screens and preview images Smiley. (I'm guessing and hoping this is only sector rework although I can foresee some may require a little more work)

- Hurtgen Storm/Snow
- Main street (interesting concept, should be worth a shot)
- Industrial complex (I see this one working as a 3vs3, it'd be a great industrial map as we don't have nearly enough of those.)
- Baytown looks awesome too but it might be a little too narrow...

I'm not sure about the other ones, they're all incredibly awesome concepts but very narrow passage & chokepoint maps are generally not really enjoyed much in EiR I'm afraid :/.
(Some of the africa ones seem cool too although with the warmap only featuring Western Europe they wouldn't exactly have a purpose yet Tongue)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:20:35 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 11:23:03 am »

Doesnt mean we couldnt play them as a "special confrontion" though does it?  The afrika ones that is, or other dessert ones for that matter.

And yes Cozmo, I have a few more mappers Im working on as well Smiley
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 11:27:37 am »

Get Henry back here, I'd love to play an EiR version of his D-day coop map (non coop mode that is...)
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 12:16:55 pm »

The only changes I plan on making are, adjusted territories, droping reinforcement scripting (almost all coding), and fix up some older maps.

@unknown Industrial Complex as a 3 v 3
just curious but have you played that map, it is a rather small map and only infantry can move easily through the center area. Its a fun map just 3 v 3 seems like a lot, and very cramped. the original version would have made a nice 3 v 3 but thats another story.

I will try to re-work the Hurtgen storm map first (other Hurtgen maps if desired can be easily copied).
I will wait to see some more comments first before deciding what map to convert afterwards.

When Henschel Airfield is nearly complete (before coding and creatin territories) I will make a copy to become a EiR version
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 09:00:26 am »

Unknown, I have spoke to Henry and I have been given permission to use ALL his maps for EIR, including the dday map.  If you want to work on the dday map making it a 4p map then feel free, as it will take me a while to get to it with all the other maps Im working on.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:18:56 am »

Send me the .sgb, I'll make it EiR compatible after my exams.
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 12:52:17 pm »

I have a converted version of Hurtgen Snow, it probably needs to be tested to make sure the map works good for EiR.

http://files.filefront.com/4p+Hurtgen+Snowsga/;9435531;/fileinfo.html

its a 2 vs. 2 map, with minimal visual coding (flares).
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »

I'll have it added to the .module Smiley.
Gj!
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 01:37:47 pm »

map over view (territories outlined):

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 01:41:21 pm »

Make it 3vs3s and add a little more sectors imho. Make the spawn sectors smaller so people don't have spawn in a huge sector. (It's pretty much impossible to take spawn sectors..)

Divide the big middle sector in 2 or 4.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 06:08:00 pm »

We played a quick 2vs2 on it.
General impressions:
- Panther Turm & Mortar Bunker need to go or be damaged Tongue.
(Except the one on the hill, that's great scenery)

- Should add a little cover to the open space, not too much because I like the concept of having such an open space Tongue.

- Imho there's generally a little too many trees, making a little more open spaces or just removing some trees on some areas would definately make things easier, especially if you make it 3vs3s.
(This way there's a little more manouvering space and better overview)

- Imho you should make the night atmosphere darker, flares would be even more awesome if it was really dark.

- Love the map itself and the concept!
$_TEXAS_$ Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 07:45:14 pm »

I removed all mortar bunkers and the Panter Turm, they repair to fast and I think they can be used even at 0% health.

The open space has a small cover area and a few craters to take cover in, but it is still rather open.

I just can't bring my self to cut down trees (yet), since the Hurtgen forest was a big infantry war, only light vehicle have problems, but they can find paths. (and I already uploaded the map). trees will fall fast on this map, explosions and tanks tear the forest apart.

darker makes the sand that makes up the snow show a little more, what I would like to do is make a conversion of Hurtgen Storm with a packed .options file. for all weather and day time conditions, flares look best at night in the rain.

any way here is the 6 player update. It is now 6 players rather than 4, has smaller territories around the HQ and 4 new larger territories, pluse all mentioned above.

http://files.filefront.com/6p+Hurtgen+Snowsga/;9437360;/fileinfo.html
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 10:53:39 pm »

Very beautiful map... the sectors are way to big.  The two axis we played just sat on the edges of them the whole game stopping us from capping and once we took out all of their infintry we pushed and held the whole map.  But, the game timer counted down before the 2 minute timer.

I love the amount of trees, please keep them in.  They are great!

We played the 2v2 btw... will try the 3v3 next.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Bonte Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 11:07:39 pm »

lol all we had left were tanks..had their been another 3 mins..even thou we would have lost cause of capping all of their infantry would have been dead....they were technically done for...they just kept capping..cause our tanks took up so much pop cap

I'm too candid to hide something like that. Smiley
Candid - frank; outspoken; open and sincere: a candid critic

You must really think im an idoit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc