Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:22:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3!?  (Read 37743 times)
Skewldya Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 08:29:13 am »

I am by far more excited about this than I ever was about SC2 (because I think its going to suck IMO) but damn those SS's look great.  I didnt look around to much, when is this going to be released?

Edit: I really hope they dont fuck it up, since the guys that did Diablo and D2 left blizzard to make that crap they called Hellgate
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:31:15 am by Skewldya » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 09:00:11 am »

Check the gameplay video, doesn't look like they fucked up, it looks amazing =). Can't wait!
Release date is still unknown.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 10:42:41 am »

Stop posting links here, I watched the High res versions, and damn, it looks fucking great.

just WOW!  it's uberawesome.
Nice look, nice skills, nice graphics, destructible levels, WOW.

To anyone fluent in german:
Watch the info on gamestar.de, damn, 1024x768 gameplay video, go to bed, youtube!

Hey, it's not going to happen
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 11:48:26 am »

Watched the gameplay vid....wow, looks amazing, I cant wait.
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 02:36:41 pm »

anybody else love the fact that they kept the change falling sound the same Grin

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 02:41:21 pm »

Item drop sound is the same as well.  I think I heard a few of the barbarians old sounds in there as well.  Shit, damnit now I have to wait until this comes out, it better not be Q2/3 of next year, I can possibly hold out till Q1 of next year; thats pushing it though.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 02:42:57 pm »

wtf is diablo?
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 02:53:25 pm »

wtf is diablo?

you must either have lived in a cave between 2000-2001 or are young. But Diablo and Diablo II are what everyone was playing way way before WoW, it was THE rpg, and if you didn't have it you sucked. I briefly played the first one after I had had the second one so I knew where the roots of the game came from. But when I first moved to NY, all my friends were playing DII and I had to get in on the action. We continued to play the game during the winter up until 2005, when people moved and we couldn't get together and play. It was defined a winter game to us, because in upstate NY, there is nothing to do except snowboard during the winter and go to the mall, and with so much snow, driving 45 minutes to the mall (because of road conditions, it usually only took about 20 when it was snow free) was not an option, we would all gather at my friends house and play the game for hours, drinking soda and going on baal and mephesto runs.
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 03:05:10 pm »

wtf is diablo?
you must either have lived in a cave between 2000-2001 or are young.

Its just cozmo if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, so yes he was in fact living in a cave.
novox6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »

wtf is diablo?

Diablo is the best RPG created to this date. The story line was compelling, the music is unbelievable, the characters are diverse, and the gameplay was simple and fun. The grind isn't difficult, (unlike mmorpgs where u spend 2 years to get lvl 80, in diablo u could get lvl 85 in a matter of 3 days) The PVP is thrilling, and actually required micro, unlike mmorpgs. A game that came out in 2001, still has full servers to this date.

Diablo III looks insane, but im still curious about the story line, the online play, and most importantly, the duplication protection. Dupes were what ruined the game. Rare items no longer became rare, and i hope they solved that problem. I also wonder if they kept the stormshield, the windforce and the grandfather sword, due to their appearance in the 1st and 2nd diablo, and wonder how good they are. Since in the 1st diablo, they were the items to get. in the 2nd, they were throw aways to noobs (at 1.10 patch and over). The game mechanics seem to be the same, but easier to control then before, which changes PVP slightly. Most importantly. Is the cow level still there? xD

I can't wait till release, this will be a must-have for me. Though i expect not to pay monthly.

Oooh forgot to mention. Diablo I is the highest rated game of all time on Gamespot, sitting at 96%. Nothing to this date has compared itself to the legend of Diablo xD
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:52:41 pm by novox6 » Logged
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »

Haha, it wouldn't be Diablo without the cow level Smiley

Even though I was never a huge fan of the game, I am still a fan. I enjoyed the single player of the original much much more than D2. I didn't run through it an unimaginable amount of times to get the best loot, but I still enjoyed the game very much.

The second one was only enjoyable in multiplayer. I found the story lacking, but according to Unkn0wn, that's just me =) I was never worried about the dupes and the "economy" of the game. I only play with friends. We'd get as far as we could in Hardcore mode, because it was fun. Not to get the best items. I expect that for at least a few months after the release we'll be doing the same. Hopefully my lag will be better by now, since unfortunately my online friends are mostly Americans, and we play on US East =(

haha, Yeah we can only hope that WoW hasn't corrupted them too much and BattleNet will remain a free service =)
novox6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 03:59:54 pm »

Haha, it wouldn't be Diablo without the cow level Smiley

Even though I was never a huge fan of the game, I am still a fan. I enjoyed the single player of the original much much more than D2. I didn't run through it an unimaginable amount of times to get the best loot, but I still enjoyed the game very much.

The second one was only enjoyable in multiplayer. I found the story lacking, but according to Unkn0wn, that's just me =) I was never worried about the dupes and the "economy" of the game. I only play with friends. We'd get as far as we could in Hardcore mode, because it was fun. Not to get the best items. I expect that for at least a few months after the release we'll be doing the same. Hopefully my lag will be better by now, since unfortunately my online friends are mostly Americans, and we play on US East =(

haha, Yeah we can only hope that WoW hasn't corrupted them too much and BattleNet will remain a free service =)

I always prefered Diablo I over II, due to its single player. Diablo II is impossible to play single player, ull just fall asleep trying to do the 1st quest, the den of evil. Diablo I was a bit more interactive, since you would have to find the books for the spells, rather then just learning them automatically, and the weapons were a lot simpler. Though Diablo I had a serious flaw with the duplication, which was fairly hilarious, and the max level was only 35 or something. Also there were items that surpassed godly, with stormshield blocking 95% of hits, magic or physical. Windforce being extremely strong (but even that couldn't hit through a stormshield) and the grandfather sword killing anything in 1 hit and being 1 handed. But staffs were far more interesting then they were in Diablo II, since they gave abilities that u were unable to learn otherwise, and the ability to kill anyone, at any time, was also amazing. Shame they removed it in Diablo II.

haha US East is where its at. US West has loads of bugged items in Diablo II. Looking forward to exploring the world Smiley
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »

I played  Diablo 1 and it was a bitch ;(

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 04:30:42 pm »

If you want some Diablo 3 Trailers and stuff... here ya go!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35661.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35662.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35663.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35673.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35672.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35671.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35670.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35669.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35668.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35665.html

Enjoy.

why is everyone except me retarded?
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 05:01:30 pm »

Well the as soon as you said "RPG" I knew why I had never heard of it... the only RPG's I have played are WoW and Stalker.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:07 pm »

Stalker's not an RPG.

Also, you're a disgrace. Get out of this forum.
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 05:26:06 pm »

Well the as soon as you said "RPG" I knew why I had never heard of it... the only RPG's I have played are WoW and Stalker.

Stalker.RPG?Die.

WoW. *Takes out .44 Magnum* Get.Out.NOW.

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 05:28:29 pm »

Didn't I read this little exerpt on the front page?

friendly community well worth getting into!

Tongue
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 05:31:20 pm »

Not knowing diablo at all is one of the biggest sins a 'gamer' (or in cozmo's case, a "gaymer") can commit :p.
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2008, 05:46:02 pm »

Right after not acknowledging Starcraft as one of the best RTS games ever =)

Blizzard are gods.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc