Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:27:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unused and thus weak units:  (Read 17258 times)
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 02:08:49 am »

also, the allies have to use more combined arms to defeat axis units. Like a tiger, you usually have to throw 3-4 tanks at it, use stickies, zooks, rr, at guns just to kill that one tank, ditto panther, KT. Sherman? Just get urself a double schreck squad or a cloaked pak...which is also a great counter to TR, you can still take it out cuz the health is on the infantry and not the at gun.
Vet 3 Tank Reapers with AP rounds, I think it 3 shots a Tiger? I used to use that combo all the time before I deleted my account.

Also, you are making a grave error using all that to kill a tank. If so, just leave the tank alone and focus on the other units while the tank sits out of AT range and if he comes in, pop OProunds.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 02:46:39 am »

Nebels are fine, got a company with 5 of them and 83% win rate...

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 04:35:08 am »

Nebels are fine, got a company with 5 of them and 83% win rate...
Thats a different matter, cause even if you lose 2-3 you could still have more to field.
Wildfire
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 05:52:44 am »

also, the allies have to use more combined arms to defeat axis units. Like a tiger, you usually have to throw 3-4 tanks at it, use stickies, zooks, rr, at guns just to kill that one tank, ditto panther, KT. Sherman? Just get urself a double schreck squad or a cloaked pak...which is also a great counter to TR, you can still take it out cuz the health is on the infantry and not the at gun.
Vet 3 Tank Reapers with AP rounds, I think it 3 shots a Tiger? I used to use that combo all the time before I deleted my account.

Also, you are making a grave error using all that to kill a tank. If so, just leave the tank alone and focus on the other units while the tank sits out of AT range and if he comes in, pop OProunds.

sometimes you have to kill the tiger because it's impedeing ur progress, especially if   you're on offense. Say you're losing pop and you have to take territory, killing that tiger is a must if it's sitting in the terrorites u have to cap and is beign  used as a roving defense.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 06:43:10 am »

Congratz on playing the lamest T4 in the game.
UnLimiTeD6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 07:07:21 am »

You don't need vet 3 to kill a tiger with 3 shots.
You don't even neccecarily need AP rounds.
And rear, you not even need 3 shots.
puddin7 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 02:31:49 am »

Gettint tired of Ab killign you? 

GGEt convition, get 5 Flamenwaffens on the field... Pop conviction... watch RRs Miss as you burn the fuck out of them. 

MMMMMm Roasted alliees in the morning. 

Flamenwaffens.. 5 pop cap, Not a high dmg dealer, get it to vet 2 and u get 10-20 dmg increase. MMMMMM Thats tasty  airborne in the mroning.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 03:54:35 pm »

I disagree with all of your unit statements aside from the halftrack, but the halftrack has such limited application in EIR (vCoH as well) that it's not an issue.

In retail you can reinforce your units from halftracks, which is their PRIMARY purpose.

In EIR this primary purpose is removed, and no alternate purpose is put in its place. If the design team read this, I would suggest thinking of something to make the halftrack useful again Smiley

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 04:02:16 am »

In EIR this primary purpose is removed, and no alternate purpose is put in its place. If the design team read this, I would suggest thinking of something to make the halftrack useful again Smiley

You can Cap Territory with them faster and transport infantry and use them as support weapons vs infantry (Riflemen only Rangers likes to one shot a half-track)

Half-Tracks lost their primary use in VCoH Long time ago...AP rounds on MG and Keep 'em coming! (Axis side that is...for Allies their Half-Track is still useful, noAP rounds on the MG!)

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
UnderpoweredAll Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 04:04:47 am »

QFT
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:38 am »

QFT

Get Mysthalin and Tuwix as your axis allies, and watch every single TR AT Gun get pulverised under a hail of 42 rockets every 60 seconds!
Mrawr Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:14 am »

QFT

Get Mysthalin and Tuwix as your axis allies, and watch every single TR AT Gun get pulverised under a hail of 42 rockets every 60 seconds!
Donno about all that.. I've had people try and RA regular AT gun and fail.. don't think it's any easier against TRs.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 06:15:25 am »

QFT

are you QFTing yourself? O.o

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
tuwix Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 06:48:33 am »

QFT

lol i remeber that game

but tankreapers are really strong they two shot a panzer4 and a stug frontal

tankreapers and RR blobs are the things i most fear

they negate most of axis armor

and if they spam cheap discount rifles and rangers on top of tankreapers it is almost GG for me
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:51:35 am by tuwix » Logged
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:53 am »

Stukas are made of awesome, so are nebs ^^. 2 stukas = that "oh shit button" you always wanted as blitz...
Combine that with Rocket Arty, and you get a BIG "OH WTF SHIT! button" that's made of awesome effects ^^.
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 11:09:55 am »

You can Cap Territory with them faster and transport infantry and use them as support weapons vs infantry (Riflemen only Rangers likes to one shot a half-track)

Half-Tracks lost their primary use in VCoH Long time ago...AP rounds on MG and Keep 'em coming! (Axis side that is...for Allies their Half-Track is still useful, noAP rounds on the MG!)

Uh when was the last time you actually played retail?

If you lose a halftrack to a 30 cal's AP rounds you really need to improve your micro.   The primary purpose of the HT is for reinforcement, early harassment of rifles, and as a suicide drop unit.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

Uh when was the last time you actually played retail?

If you lose a halftrack to a 30 cal's AP rounds you really need to improve your micro.   The primary purpose of the HT is for reinforcement, early harassment of rifles, and as a suicide drop unit.

It was my PWN Flammenwerfer that got stuck in a hole in St.Hilaire few times and my PUMA that hit on a building and slowly tried to drive away under constant AP Round firing. Its simply not my micro where it lacks because last time I AP rounded M8.
Revenge is so sweet....(captured US HMG)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 02:11:15 pm »

you ever try getting a TR at gun to vet 3? one the axis figure out you've got TR, they hound ur at guns

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »

Using them as a support weapon is in no way worth their cost as there is always at least light AT on the field if your opponent is smart and/or has units left, though capping territory is a valid argument I suppose.

And the halftrack's use in retail is still, and always was, primarily to reinforce. The American halftrack however lost its use due to prevalence of the tier 2 strats, and since PaKs two-shot them, there's no real way to use them without fear of losing them instantly.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 02:23:29 pm »

I have gotten multiple TR ATGs to vet 2 and 3. And kept them there for a few games. If you use them right (not at your front line) they will kill ANY axis tank that penetrates. Its that wonderful synergy of Sticky bomb + TR that makes tanks die.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc