Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unused and thus weak units:  (Read 17255 times)
Wildfire
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 02:26:59 pm »

I agree. I absolutely love that but freakin firestorms, stormies, pak sniping, rocket arty, is insane. personally, i play better with my tr company in 3v3's than 2v2's, i dunno why. I think i'll stick to 2v2's with my armor company and 3v3's with my inf.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 02:27:17 pm »

Of course it is, you can two-shot panthers with them Tongue

Anyway why are we talking about tank reaper AT guns? They're the definition of "very used and thus strong units", which is the opposite of the topic.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:09 pm »

Vet 3 Tank Reapers with AP rounds, I think it 3 shots a Tiger? I used to use that combo all the time before I deleted my account.
Congratz on playing the lamest T4 in the game.

QFT

are you QFTing yourself? O.o

That's not me.
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:51 pm »

In EIR this primary purpose is removed, and no alternate purpose is put in its place. If the design team read this, I would suggest thinking of something to make the halftrack useful again Smiley

You can Cap Territory with them faster and transport infantry and use them as support weapons vs infantry (Riflemen only Rangers likes to one shot a half-track)

Half-Tracks lost their primary use in VCoH Long time ago...AP rounds on MG and Keep 'em coming! (Axis side that is...for Allies their Half-Track is still useful, noAP rounds on the MG!)

Uh when was the last time you actually played retail?

If you lose a halftrack to a 30 cal's AP rounds you really need to improve your micro.   The primary purpose of the HT is for reinforcement, early harassment of rifles, and as a suicide drop unit.

It was my PWN Flammenwerfer that got stuck in a hole in St.Hilaire few times and my PUMA that hit on a building and slowly tried to drive away under constant AP Round firing. Its simply not my micro where it lacks because last time I AP rounded M8.
Revenge is so sweet....(captured US HMG)

Uh how is that an argument, thats like saying panzer IVs are useless because I got a panzer IV stuck next to 4 riflemen squads and they stickied it to death.

AP rounds on MGs is not the reason halftracks aren't used often, its because in retail their primary purpose is to reinforce, and that purpose does not exist in eir, and thus they have no use.
Leaflar Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »

Of course it is, you can two-shot panthers with them Tongue

Anyway why are we talking about tank reaper AT guns? They're the definition of "very used and thus strong units", which is the opposite of the topic.

No you can't. It takes 3 shots. And even with TR you will likely have to use AP rounds to pull that offf reliably. Even then the accuracy can still be shit.
I agree. I absolutely love that but freakin firestorms, stormies, pak sniping, rocket arty, is insane. personally, i play better with my tr company in 3v3's than 2v2's, i dunno why. I think i'll stick to 2v2's with my armor company and 3v3's with my inf.

This is because TR is a support role. You do the work of all the ATG's on your side, so that your allies don't need to deploy them and can focus on other units, and you can make the most of your T4. This doesn't work as well in smaller games because Your allie(s) will need you to fill other roles aswell.

Edit: Point being, the more specialized a company is, the more it will excel in large games, and less well in small games.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:13:58 pm by Leaflar » Logged
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »

AP rounds on MGs is not the reason halftracks aren't used often, its because in retail their primary purpose is to reinforce, and that purpose does not exist in eir, and thus they have no use.

Depends on the map.

On small maps I would agree, but on huge ones like French Countryside I used to love having one or two halftracks to ferry infantry up to the front.

Cutting that 3 minute travel time down to about 1 was awesome and a huge advantage.
Deterrence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 01:47:17 am »

I disagree with the whole AP rounds is why axis HT are not being used.  Couldnt the same be said for pumas then, but you see them quite often harassing.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 04:30:22 pm »

No you can't. It takes 3 shots. And even with TR you will likely have to use AP rounds to pull that offf reliably. Even then the accuracy can still be shit.

Technically speaking, yes, but the Panther will only have around 50 HP left, which basically makes it "killed" because it'll either take a good ten minutes to repair (literally, maybe more or less depending on the available repair bunker and pio situation) or die shortly thereafter to an errant MORTAR SHELL Tongue
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 04:33:38 pm »

nevyen killed a p4 of mine with a mortar shell once... such anger!

PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 04:47:03 pm »

Happens all the time. Also stray rifle rounds trigger the "Oh noes we are being fired at" alert that comes up at the side of the screen, once it hit a building that my HMG was sitting in and killed a man... Thats worse.

I have a new one by the way medical kits, unless you are trying to keep that prized dress wearing Pioneer alive, they are not found a lot.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 05:17:00 am »

nevyen killed a p4 of mine with a mortar shell once... such anger!

I saw duvka kill a stug with a halftrack once Tongue
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 08:07:28 am »

Depends on the map.

On small maps I would agree, but on huge ones like French Countryside I used to love having one or two halftracks to ferry infantry up to the front.

Cutting that 3 minute travel time down to about 1 was awesome and a huge advantage.

At the cost of 5 pop per half track?

Not in a remotely competative game you are not.
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 09:13:18 am »

Happens all the time. Also stray rifle rounds trigger the "Oh noes we are being fired at" alert that comes up at the side of the screen, once it hit a building that my HMG was sitting in and killed a man... Thats worse.

Hmm u think thats bad? Vet 2 sniper + Out of Control Stug = Cry

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
iherduliekmudkips Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:37 am »

You think that's bad?  Stray mortar shot + TIGER =  Cheesy
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 12:14:48 pm »

You think that's bad?  Stray mortar shot + TIGER =  Cheesy
You think that's bad?
Any 5 HP axis tank + one of my AB nades...
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 12:29:14 pm »

You think that´s bad?
A pershing that was killed by a bike but I don´t remember who lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 12:58:40 pm »

Me

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 02:08:18 pm »

Calliope with engine damage vs Volk w/ Assault nades = dead Calli

Yes it happened, think it was Stumpsters Volks too.

Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:54 pm »

Best thing you can do is killing your nearly dead pershing with a grenade while clicking on allied war machine  Roll Eyes
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 02:25:05 pm »

What are you talking about?

Pwanawan baby!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc