Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:14:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unused and thus weak units:  (Read 17257 times)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 17, 2008, 11:27:44 am »

Flammenwerfer Halftrack: Rarely used, way too expensive, compare its effectiveness to that of the croc and then the relative costs, enough said.
Stuka zu Fuss: Rarely used (doctrinal, usually non doctrinal...): Rarely used due to massive costs and high vulnerability to counter artillery/airborne.
Halftrack: Rarely used, highly susceptible to RR sniping.
Nebelwerfer: Used seldom, expensive in relation to capabilities an dallied counterpart (closest would be the calliope). It has a short range, horrible damage and is highly vulnerable to everything.

You may see these weapons on the field occasionally, but the important point I'm making is that they are used rarely because they are weak and highly cost ineffective.

There are various other weapons you will rarely see on the axis side, such as the flak88, whose main purpose is to waste off map artillery strikes and calliope time. But they still have some purpose (even if it's just soaking damage).

I also wanted to ask, why were some allied doctrinal units, made non doctrinal in EiR, whilst non doctrinal axis units were made doctrinal in EiR..... This has screwed with the balance quite badly in some instances and I think that these circumstances are apparent to veterans here far more than myself.

What I am saying isn't to make the axis more powerful, or due to imbalances, but rather to increase diversity and allow these units to be used once more.

Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:50:18 am »

One unit on allied side that was made non-doctrinal from doctrinal?
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:57:59 am »

airbourne can drop zooks... kind of doctrinal crossover but thats the best i got.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 12:21:37 pm »

None of the allied units that had been doctrinal were made nondoctrinal.  The triage center was nondoctrinal in vCoH and was tied to infantry company here, but that's about the only change.

I disagree with all of your unit statements aside from the halftrack, but the halftrack has such limited application in EIR (vCoH as well) that it's not an issue.

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »

Stuka zu Fuss: Rarely used (doctrinal, usually non doctrinal...): Rarely used due to massive costs and high vulnerability to counter artillery/airborne.

Really? I use this all the time.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 01:19:17 pm »

Honestly both of these arty pieces are *very* powerful, and the nebel is NOT used seldomly, it is not a damage dealing weapon - it is a suppression tool and *VERY* good at its job

The flamenwerfer is actually used quite a bit, and its cheap given its versatility - The price was raised to its current level a while back because when it was cheaper it was spammed like crazy

the halftrack price and pop is a result of all the halftrack variants being unable to modify the population cap and not wanting to modify the core price of the unit, probably is a bit UP since it takes so long to load units into it but such is life

I'd suggest you get some more in-game time before laying down the law about what sucks and is not used, because your pretty incorrect tbh

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

Ahh Flametrack I loved that unit in VCoH Although it was very weak to US MGs that had almost free AP Rounds in their MGs that could tear them apart. Still useful in VCoH Vs british who has no early counters on it besides a stuart or a early squad spam of Brens and or Bren carrier with upgrade.

In EiR I used it once. Aye once, its desteny, eh it got one shotted by a AT Gun or well down to slight bit of health then it went kaboom. It really brings lack of use. One MG team with AP rounds can take care of a Flametrack, its not Too expensive in my taste however the manpower cost in it just boring, should be cheaper in that case I agree. Since RR is top vs Light armour Halftracks automatically becomes useless vs airborne unless you disturbe them and force them to move all the time. Thats hard since usually it goes kaboom before that.

around 50 games I've only seen 2 times a Flametrack being used. In both cases it was easily knocked out, stickies deals nice vs them and AP Rounded MG rapes them, eh Tank reaper one shots it, AT AP Rounds almost one shots it, ÁT Without anything cool two shots it on front armour or simply damages and then gets shot by rifle fire or stickied. It needs more micro than a croc does. Croc is fairly easier in use. It can withstand more damage but hey its a tank after all unlike German Flamethrower half-track. Rest in Peace little toy I miss you but I'll see you in VCoH! <3

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
ducttape Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:14 pm »

umm ive seen everything its just the players you see use it? all the nubs wont use some of these weapons, while all the good players ive seen have  anebel

-Duct tape is like the force: It has a Light side and a Dark side, and it binds the universe together.-
“Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Stranger
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:44:32 pm »

Nebels are a must have.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
DerangedGerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 06:00:24 pm »

And stukas as well. In the hands of a competent player, if you have multiple stukas out, they can be just as or even more effective than a calliope.

Proud mapper for both OMG and EIR.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »

Only if you´re defensive.... nebels are a must have for any axis.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:19:22 pm »

The great thing about Stukas is their accuracy and mobility. They are strong against AT guns.

Dare I say they might be the only vehicular counter to Tank Reapers.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
PPLA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 10:04:48 pm »

The great thing about Stukas is their accuracy and mobility. They are strong against AT guns.

i have to agree Stukas are very effective and i have seen many use by different players.  Nebels arent bad either special with there insta supress powers.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 01:09:52 am »

Ampm would beg to differ on the effectiveness of the stuka in the game we just played. And my own experience with the stuka leaves much to be desired.

AoE too small, spread too far, frequently hits anything but the target zone even with LOS. If you're depending on the stuka to have the same effectiveness as the howitzer or calliope at pushing forward to take territory, you're likely going to lose.
Wildfire
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 01:41:31 am »

There's lots of unused units on both sides.

Here's what I rarely use.

Mortar's, AP rounds (mg and at), Hmg bunker, Demo's, non quad HT, sniper (maybe every now n then when I feel like it) it happens on both sides, and the reason there are more on axis? well...they've got more stuff!!! Duh...

also, the allies have to use more combined arms to defeat axis units. Like a tiger, you usually have to throw 3-4 tanks at it, use stickies, zooks, rr, at guns just to kill that one tank, ditto panther, KT. Sherman? Just get urself a double schreck squad or a cloaked pak...which is also a great counter to TR, you can still take it out cuz the health is on the infantry and not the at gun.
winaxis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 01:45:15 am »

calliope is utterly insane, you are a retard.
Wildfire
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 01:52:02 am »

calliope is utterly insane, you are a retard.

oh that's very constructive and a great addition to this conversation. Why say anything at all?
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 01:53:35 am »

Nebels are a waste of effort and resources Tongue
Wildfire
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:27 am »

only if u dont know how to use 'em right. Some people can't use callies right, ditto howitzers etc.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 02:06:01 am »

only if u dont know how to use 'em right. Some people can't use callies right, ditto howitzers etc.

Nebels are a waste :p
Its survivability and cost-effectiveness vs good players gets to 0.
Better now?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc