Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 06:25:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Mechanics.  (Read 35581 times)
31stPzrGrenadier Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 10:11:06 am »

If you want the right circumstances, state what it is then we'll create it so you can then tell us what's the stats.
GunnyITA Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 02:30:54 pm »

OBM is fine....it's made to fix the damage taken from shrecks (the greater Bazooka in the game), and Stealth Paks.

Keep in mind the Americans tanks are more fragile and even if they get the vets they won't get sideskirts like a PZ4.

Americans need to repair their fragile tanks on the fields as fast they can.

OBM is fine for the tanks because is not so fast on regenerate.
It's fine too for the light vehicles because americans focus their efforts on vehicles instead of infantry!
If they nerf this ability, they won't have this strenght again, because they still have weaker tanks, and can do nothing to manage a fight, even attacking a small firearm group!
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »

So if an ability is nerfed... it's not as strong as before... That make sence, doesn't it?
Yeaaah...

OBM is not fine, it repairs at rates way beyond the acceptable level. If it was only meant to "repair up damage from a shrek shot or a pak shot it wouldn't repair all the time, and it wouldn't repair it in 90 seconds or less. It repairs way too fast. If you think a pershing repairing at faster than 3 repair bunkers is not OP... And the ability being able to repair multiple tanks at the same time.. It's too fast.

Sideskirts only help vs RRs and Bazookas, so I don't know why are you bringing them in this conversation.

If americans NEED to repair their fragile tanks... Why the hell do airborne and infantry players win at all? They don't get onboard. Heck, why did my calliope company do good at all?

I'll end this by saying : since when the hell are pershings goddamn fragile? I want to see you kill one utilising a shrek - go on. I'll let you send in 2 double shrek squads, actually. If the pershing user knows basic micro, the shreks won't even half-health the pershing. A pershing can bounce a panzerfaust - that's GODDAMN impresive.
Deterrence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:51 pm »

Didnt you kill 2 of my vet 2 pershings last nite, they are quite fragile especially versus paks?  And why SHOULD a single double shrek squad be able to kill a pershing unless your getting all rear armor shots?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 03:24:56 pm »

Indeed... I never saw a single RR squad killing a panther or a tiger......

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2009, 03:26:21 pm »

He said "I'll let you send in 2 double shrek squads"

That's 4 shreks.

Pwanawan baby!
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 03:27:45 pm »

I said 2 double shreckers.
That equals 2 RR squads.
And killing the two pershings was more than too annoying and too much shit thrown at them. Seriously - hitting them down to 20 percent health only for them to come back in less than 7 minutes later with full(with no engie repairing it)...
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »

what?

Shreks sucks in my opinion vs rr's mainly due to the acc.
And skirts and that cost ammo and oh did i forget it needed vet for that?
In general terms i don't see *much* axis tanks get off field whit much vet (ore their lost later and so on....)
Tough still i propose a tuning maybe to the skirts if we tune obm.

See this and you will see how much it sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjbGi0x3kg

Eir customer support staff.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 04:22:24 pm »

it doesn't heal as much as you hurt.
And unkn0wn, make an OBM company, I'll be glad to test it with you.
Shrek dmg - 120/shot. You let me rear armor you at point blank, then count the seconds needed.
If it's a bug - it needs to be fixed. If the fix can come in a nerf, I'm alright with that.

Well that is already flawed since a rear shot gets a damage multiplier so you do like ~300 per shrek shot. So that is where you are getting your fucked up numbers.

And lol at all of the complaining here, I also love the logic. Whoever replied to my post saying that it can heal a half health tank, but infantry vet can't bring back dead soldiers so it is not comparable. lol. You just compared something at half health to dead units. Wonderful, your logic is amazing (and lol and comparing HEAT to NGV, no one is even talking about that, one makes higher damage dealing/higher penetrating tanks just that much better, and NGV makes my tanks turret turn faster (only useful on Pershing really) and I reload faster). I didn't wanted to not say this but just play better to beat people instead of crying all the time.

And if you don't want to go chase down a tank then fine don't and then don't cry when 3-5 mins later it comes back to kick the shit out of you (which isn't just OB related because people post OB+engie vet+repair specialization. You get a tank down to low health chase the fucker down, not every damn rifle has a sticky and if you get stickied but kill the sherman you still win. Or you could just have more AT on the field so the tank can't run around killing everything. Cloaked pak and some shreks vs sherman=dead sherman.

OB does nothing to make the tank stronger, it grants staying power, so by letting the enemy retreat his tanks you are letting him get the full use out of his T4. The whole doctrine progression is also fucked if you kill all of his armor because he will have no other abilities to help him fight. So don't give me the bullshit excuse of "it's scary to chase down a tank". Go listen in the FoW and flank it, cloak stormie it, chase it down, wait for it to comeback and lead it into a trap, or (here is a crazy one) work together with your teammate to make an offensive push to where he has the tank.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:48:25 pm by BoDyBaG2224TLS » Logged

BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:16 pm »

So if an ability is nerfed... it's not as strong as before... That make sence, doesn't it?
Yeaaah...

OBM is not fine, it repairs at rates way beyond the acceptable level. If it was only meant to "repair up damage from a shrek shot or a pak shot it wouldn't repair all the time, and it wouldn't repair it in 90 seconds or less. It repairs way too fast. If you think a pershing repairing at faster than 3 repair bunkers is not OP... And the ability being able to repair multiple tanks at the same time.. It's too fast.

Sideskirts only help vs RRs and Bazookas, so I don't know why are you bringing them in this conversation.

If americans NEED to repair their fragile tanks... Why the hell do airborne and infantry players win at all? They don't get onboard. Heck, why did my calliope company do good at all?

I'll end this by saying : since when the hell are pershings goddamn fragile? I want to see you kill one utilising a shrek - go on. I'll let you send in 2 double shrek squads, actually. If the pershing user knows basic micro, the shreks won't even half-health the pershing. A pershing can bounce a panzerfaust - that's GODDAMN impresive.

You are aware that the shrek is not the only AT the axis have right? Paks chew up pershing, shreks suck frontal armor against a Pershing, like how bazookas suck against the front of anything that is more then 2 feet away. So by citing that it is stronger then the average allied armor against shreks/faust is a flawed argument, Pershing is on par with a Panther, Tiger still beats it in most circumstances, and a KT vs Pershing will yield a KT result.

And the part about saying why do airborne/inf win at all if Americans need to repair. Let's see, the armor company only grants buff to tanks, and the other 2 grant bonuses to NOT FUCKING TANKS. So if you are armor you need to keep your shit alive, how do you do that? repair it, you lose your armor all of your CPs are wasted because you can't benefit from anything. I run an inf company I have 2 tanks and they play a small useless role, my airborne had 4 crocs which were ment for KCH or suicide rushes, repairing not important because I HAD CP BONUS'S THAT BENEFITED *looks back* NOT FUCKING TANKS. Why did your cally company do good? O I don't know because you relied on not keeping tanks alive because your focus was on THE FUCKING CALLIOPE.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:37:51 pm by BoDyBaG2224TLS » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2009, 04:45:31 pm »

Well that is already flawed since a rear shot gets a damage multiplier so you do like ~300 per shrek shot. So that is where you are getting your fucked up numbers.

This is incorrect, there are no damage multipliers on rear shots - only penetration multipliers.

And lol at all of the complaining here, I also love the logic. Whoever replied to my post saying that it can heal a half health tank, but infantry vet can't bring back dead soldiers so it is not comparable. lol. You just compared something at half health to dead units. Wonderful, your logic is amazing (and lol and comparing HEAT to NGV, no one is even talking about that, one makes higher damage dealing/higher penetrating tanks just that much better, and NGV makes my tanks turret turn faster (only useful on Pershing really) and I reload faster). I didn't wanted to not say this but just play better to beat people instead of crying all the time.

What he meant is that infantry fragment and lose firepower, a tank is a single unit, and the only way it can fragment and lose firepower is if it loses a gun to a crit - but that can be repaired.

Infantry are a lot more fragile than tanks and have firepower fragmentation, unlike tanks - this makes a more generic health regeneration ability for infantry balanced, or so he says. I dunno.

OB does nothing to make the tank stronger, it grants staying power, so by letting the enemy retreat his tanks you are letting him get the full use out of his T4. The whole doctrine progression is also fucked if you kill all of his armor because he will have no other abilities to help him fight. So don't give me the bullshit excuse of "it's scary to chase down a tank". Go listen in the FoW and flank it, cloak stormie it, chase it down, wait for it to comeback and lead it into a trap, or (here is a crazy one) work together with your teammate to make an offensive push to where he has the tank.

That's generally the problem - because there's no way to reinforce your units in EiR staying power is the most important factor of a unit. That's why people complain about fireup in this mod, that's why tanks repairing themselves is complained about - these all enable units that would otherwise be forced to spend a long time, or other difficult method, to remain effective on the field to simply negate that effect and remain on-field and effective regardless of those other conditions that are ordinarily required.

At least that's the reasoning behind that, I don't necessarily agree :p

You are aware that the shrek is not the only AT the axis have right? Paks chew up pershing, shreks suck frontal armor against a Pershing, like how bazookas suck against the front of anything that is more then 2 feet away. So by citing that it is stronger then the average allied armor against shreks/faust is a flawed argument, Pershing is on par with a Panther, Tiger still beats it in most circumstances, and a KT vs Pershing will yield a KT result.

Range does not affect penetration on handheld anti-tank weapons except from scattered area of effect damage (i.e. it misses but has a near-miss and the area of effect damage hits the tank). PaKs may damage pershings badly, but to kill it you need at least 3 or it will simply back up and escape - this is where the onboard takes over and a few minutes later it has another shot at running rampant through your lines. PaKs are good damage output and force tanks to retreat, but if they don't actually have to retreat and can just come back later perfectly fine they are of less use.

It is not a flawed argument that the pershing is better than the average tank against Axis anti-tank weaponry, because it is. It is the same speed as a panther AND bounces schreks and panzerfausts off the front, this makes it as good as any other allied tank at avoiding anti-tank weaponry, and better than any other allied tank at weathering damage if it is caught.

A pershing is a panther that can shoot infantry. That is what it does. It loses to a tiger in a front vs front battle unless there is a veterancy disparity, but the problem is again the onboard - being faster than a tiger it can simply escape and come back again, healed and fine, whereas the tiger is not. This makes it when coupled with onboard much superior to a tiger.

And while it loses head to head to a king tiger, the same problem exists - king tigers not only cost twice as much as a pershing, they also are nearly impossible to repair and very slow.

Anyway, I'm not going to say yay or nay to OBM until we are actually told by somebody who has the statistics around what the speed of repair is. I don't see the point of a balance forum if we are denied the information in the fucking game - we can't balance what we don't know.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:57:39 pm by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2009, 04:48:10 pm »

My mistake, I had gotten the pen values stuck in my head.
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:28 pm »

You do realise 300 dmg would mean half the health of a sherman down in one hit? I've never seen shreks two-shotting Shermans, have you? At any rate, if the sherman repaired 300 HP in 90 s it would be cock-a-doodley-doo OP beyond hell.
Rear armor only means "lol penetrated" - nothing else.
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2009, 08:06:40 pm »

Which is why I said, "my mistake".

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

Wow, do you actually play this game?

You have a four man grenadier squad, they get into a fight, two guys die.  Those two guys will not come back just because you regen health, they stay dead.    Thats half the firepower and durability gone from the squad, permenently for the duration of the battle.

A half health sherman still fights just as effectively as a full health sherman, and onboard will bring it back to full effectiveness pretty quick if it survives to retreat(which is relatively easy to do).

You were whining about heat rounds, which is directly comparable to NGV.  Heat rounds increases your damage and penetration.  NGV increases your rof which directly increases your damage and gives you more chance to penetrate.    Basically its 25% more damage+15% more penetration for Heat rounds vs 33% more damage and 50% faster turret rotattion for NGV.  I fail to see how one is better than the other.

Funny you should say that.  I never see you playing this mod, yet you are here on the forums all the time.    If you want to compare epeen sizes where are you on the leaderboard?

And if you don't want to go chase down a tank then fine don't and then don't cry when 3-5 mins later it comes back to kick the shit out of you (which isn't just OB related because people post OB+engie vet+repair specialization. You get a tank down to low health chase the fucker down, not every damn rifle has a sticky and if you get stickied but kill the sherman you still win. Or you could just have more AT on the field so the tank can't run around killing everything. Cloaked pak and some shreks vs sherman=dead sherman.

If you get stickied you die and still don't kill the sherman.   Do you know the basics of screening tanks with infantry?  Covering a retreating tank with infantry?  Apparently not.  Hint, your stickied panzer IV isn't going to be chasing a retreating sherman, its called damaged engines.  Hell, you'd be lucky to get out alive.   Not to mention an AT gun covering the tank's retreat could turn the hunter into hunted right damn quick.     You don't retreat at 10% health.  You retreat at half health or earlier.

Ya I hear going into the FoW with a lone unsupported tank is a superb idea.   Do you have any idea how much shreks on storms cost and how easilly jeeps with scout would decloak them?    Chasing a retreating tank into the FoW is foolish against a decent player on either side, unless you are using a heavy tank like a tiger with blitz on or a pershing.

Yes because when we attack we just sit there and bunker up.   Give me a fucking break, if "making an offensive push" is that easy then the attacking side would never lose.   You might as well tell the axis players to just "win the game", thats how useful your "make an offensive push" strat is.  Not to mention the fucking tank can just relocate.   Last I checked OBM repaired engine damage pretty damn quick.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:27:04 pm by gamesguy » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2009, 10:07:43 pm »

Funny you should say that.  I never see you playing this mod, yet you are here on the forums all the time.    If you want to compare epeen sizes where are you on the leaderboard?

That sentence just makes me think of "please akra close this thread it has went to hell already".
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2009, 10:10:18 pm »

NGV increases your rof which directly increases your damage and gives you more chance to penetrate.    Basically its 25% more damage+15% more penetration for Heat rounds vs 33%  more damageand 50% faster turret rotattion for NGV.  I fail to see how one is better than the other.

25%

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2009, 10:14:08 pm »

Due to the rate of fire decreasing firing time instead of damage directly, you are looking at a 33% gain in Damage Per Second. So yes, its a BIG damage boost.

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »

Wait....25% faster ROF = 33% more damage?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:15 pm »

Approximately yes.

Lets say you have a 10 second rate of fire.

Your shell does 10 damage.

Its 1 DPS

You now fire every 7.5 seconds.

Its now 1.33 DPS.

33% increase. It scales up at the same rate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc