Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:20:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Mechanics.  (Read 35545 times)
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 10:24:57 pm »

Funny you should say that.  I never see you playing this mod, yet you are here on the forums all the time.    If you want to compare epeen sizes where are you on the leaderboard?

That sentence just makes me think of "please akra close this thread it has went to hell already".

If hes going to defend arguments by telling me to "shutup and stop crying"...
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2009, 11:13:32 pm »

Due to the rate of fire decreasing firing time instead of damage directly, you are looking at a 33% gain in Damage Per Second. So yes, its a BIG damage boost.

Not to mention many smaller hits is way better than one big hit in this game.   Smaller hits lets you kill infantry more efficiently for example.  How many times have you seen your sherman shoot a squad but the shell hits only one guy?

Many smaller hits gives you more chances to crit and negate the 5% bug as well.
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2009, 04:56:27 am »

Not to mention many smaller hits is way better than one big hit in this game.   Smaller hits lets you kill infantry more efficiently for example.  How many times have you seen your sherman shoot a squad but the shell hits only one guy?

Many smaller hits gives you more chances to crit and negate the 5% bug as well.
OSTWIND OP!!!!
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2009, 06:06:48 am »

And Onboard does really not work on quads and M8s?? Cry
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2009, 06:09:45 am »

And Onboard does really not work on quads and M8s?? Cry
It works, just with less potency. I'm not sure, but I've been told it's at 0,15 percent/s. An upskirted greyhound has 300 HP, so that means 0,45 HP/s. Can't account for it, though - that's only theory. Happy to test with misten one of these days.
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2009, 07:15:48 am »

Oh, I meant nextgen....  Grin
Onboard works, though I didn't know it was weaker!  Well, good to know. Or would be, as I don't play armor Cheesy
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2009, 07:22:15 am »

All tanks have the same repair rate.
All vehicles have the same repair rate, but lower than that of tanks.

I'm not permitted to tell you how it is programmed. Unkn0wn already knew. He just forgot.

MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2009, 08:11:03 am »

Why are you not permited? All the other T4s are clearly lain out - what they do, the rates they effect stuff by. Why should OBM be different amd kept in mystery.
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:06 am »

Obviously it repairs faster then it should, and either they lied to us all the time, or the code is faulty and they have no explanation.... Smiley
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2009, 08:32:31 am »

Onboard is more difficult to play against as certain doctrines, but also easier to play against on certain doctrines. In the end, it's just a rock paper scissors game.

A Panther can very easily defeat Sherman spam with Onboard granted you have superior mobility, firepower, and armor. For Pershings, rely on Pak Guns because the first strike ability increases your penetration by a significant amount meaning you can hurt the Pershing from the front. As long as your opponent cannot move his vehicles into your side of the territory, you have won the engagement. Yes, the Sherman/Pershing can heal itself, but if it can't reach your Pak Guns without dying then you have successfully nullified the enemy's armor advantage.

As for NextGenVehicles, it's a 20% RoF increase which translates to a 25% increase in dmg per second. The 25% RoF buff was removed in a patch quite some time ago. So it is 25% more damage. The turret rotation doesn't really help unless you're using a Pershing.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2009, 08:34:02 am »

so on NGV the text is wrong and it's reallyd amage?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
SnarksTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2009, 08:40:27 am »

so on NGV the text is wrong and it's reallyd amage?

Most likely. The RoF was upped by 5% on both the text and stats, but then they changed it back in a following patch after AmPm pointed out the damage increase. If I can find those patch notes, I'll link them but I've got to go really soon to a tournament.

Hm, my bad. I looked up the patch notes and apparentally it was 25% -> 30% then 30% -> 25%.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:48:48 am by SnarksTLS » Logged
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2009, 09:45:05 am »

Seriously, 25% fire rate increase would mean that the cooldown is reduced by 20%.
If it's reduced by 25%, it should say "increase attack speed by 33%".
So what is it actually now?
20%? 25?
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2009, 10:09:01 am »

All obm needs is just a little tuning.

But i think we should disscus if obm should work on jeeps i think it should not work on jeep ore atleast be tuned as fuck.

Jeep can be idiotic due to this, whit obm jeeps can take about 3 shrek shoots. It generally needs only two as the small fire kills it but whit obm it shrugs that off.

Same whit pac shoots it takes 2 ore 3 shoots.
Shreks and pacs tend also to miss against jeeps and you don't always have a ost laying around.
Fact: Ost's tend to miss jeeps and they mostly always get away.

I don't have anything against jeep spam it's just that jeeps whit obm heals incredible fast.

Eir customer support staff.
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2009, 10:14:39 am »

This discussion is also forgetting that onboard (and FR) repairs all tanks simultaneously. Thats huge, especially for spam companies. Rep bunkers only repair one unit, which leads to the repair party as 3 tanks all wait their turn. Effectively the utility of onboard multiplies by the number of tanks on the field, which acts as an encouragement to tank spam, particularly m8 and other low fuel vehicle spam. 1 sherm may heal 1.33, but 3 sherms heal 3.99 and if you have one of the super spam companies your healing 6 or 7 hps a sec, which when compared to a rep bunker (that costs two pop btw) is a little bit imba, thats why severly damaged tigers are routinely retreated. This also happens to pershings, but I have many time seen a 'dead' pershing come back to life 5 minutes latter.

I personally believe that the rate should either be lowered OR diluted over the total number of tanks on the field, this would still give OBM a slight advantage (no pop use, no munis, dont have to run back to your rep bunker, immobilization does not equal death) whilst alleviating most of the aggravation. I have no problems with onboard equalizing rep bunkers, the prob is that imo it has far overtaken them.

BEST POST ABOUT THIS DAMN TOPIC EVER.
Most of the replys are ungodly biased towards allied players. Hey, go play against 3 armor companys with OBM.
OBM doesnt have a limit on how many tanks it can repair SIMULTANEUOUSLY. It's TOO MUCH. Honostly, all it should really do is act like a repair bunker to all of the armor on the field. The more tanks on the field, the slower it helps repair. But it's not like that matters, when you have the vetted engies repairing. Now, what happens when they rush in with m8's, and OBM, and pop field repairs. That's like...1.33+(Whatever amount field repairs is), while moving, while fighting, and while able to go back and get even faster repairs. And let's not even bring HEAT rounds into this. HEAT rounds really can only apply to the individual damage dealing. OBM applies towards the metagame. The t4 OBM armor company is very op in that very sense. It repairs UNPROPORTIONALLY FAST, and for those who dont know what unproportional means, I suggest you go and google it because that is the word that best describes what I'm trying to get at here.
Get it together people.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:17:16 am by Spitfire92 » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2009, 10:21:12 am »

you're really just spinning ur wheels dude, the doctrines are being reworked for eir:r so chill otu already with this.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2009, 10:23:13 am »

i suggest we take obm away from eirr

i really think we can put something more fun in there Smiley
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2009, 11:11:41 am »

No news at all on what's gonna be available for doctrine choices in EiR:R, so gotta wait and see.

For now since nothing changes, just make sure OBM vehicles don't get away to heal again. It won't be easy, of course, but the main key is to use Pak guns for tank deterrance, and not shreks or tanks, since those are more vulnerable to counter-attack.

When you go for the kill, make sure a PAK, 1-2 shreks and a tank are around to ensure the kill. Feel free to block the retreat path with your own tank, puma, bike etc.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2009, 12:05:23 pm »

Obviously it repairs faster then it should, and either they lied to us all the time, or the code is faulty and they have no explanation.... Smiley

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. The code isn't faulty. The repair rate is what the devs set it to.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2009, 12:15:59 pm »

I dont think its overpowered.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc