Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 1: Prestige Point System  (Read 23139 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: January 23, 2009, 08:09:01 pm »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 1: Prestige Point System

This system is our representation of your pull and weight within your army's structure.  To have prestige amongst your peers, your quartermasters and your superiors.  To be able to use your earned battlefield experience and reputation to get you what you want, when you want it.  You call in your favors, as in real life, yet need to constantly earn the right to do so.

The Prestige Point (PP) System is a major part of EIR:R.  Prestige points replace both CPs and RBs. The reason behind this change was that CPs and RBs were promoting strong overpowered companies.  This in turn rewarded 'grinders' and penalized casual players.

PPs will be gained in a similar way as we now generate CPs and RBs.  However, while CP gain was limited to a certain number a day, PP gain will not be. Instead, PP will have diminishing returns over the course of a week.  So while you can play 7 games in a week for full PP gain (5 per battle), if you continued playing games that week, it would gradually diminish.  The next 7 games would only give you 4 per battle, and any after that you would receive only 3 per battle.

PP will be spent on:
- Doctrine trees
- Advantages (resource bonuses amongst them)
- Veterancy
- Availability of units.

The biggest change is that PP spending will be what we call a 'point soak' or a point of attrition.  With CPs at present, once you have filled your doctrine there is nothing more to spend them on.  PPs will alter the equation by being required constantly - for example, a Tiger tank that was purchased (using normal resources *and* Prestige for availability) cannot just be replaced as easily when it is lost.

Now the player's have a choice:  Do I keep saving PPs for 'that doctrine ability' or do I replace the Tiger?  Or do they need to spend PPs on purchasing a resource advantage?  What the PP system allows us to do is have players experience persistence in many different ways.  They could spend PP to push into their doctrine choices, or perhaps spend PP to expand the size of their army through supply or resource bonus's; or even spend the PP and watch their company grow into an incredibly experienced group.

Stay tuned for the upcoming EIR:R Secrets section on Newb Advantages, and the EIR:R release, coming soon!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:56:54 pm by salan » Logged

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:48:45 pm »

welcome all, questions?
Snarks Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:04:59 am »

Does that mean doctrine abilities are temporary unless the person keeps gaining PP to keep that doctrine?

I'm not Minehold... I punctuate on my forum posts.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:13 am »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 1: Prestige Point System

[Snip]

There are some issues I have with this system:

Positives:
Stops overpowered builds
Stops old companies from having such a large advantage over newer companies
Dynamic
More choice
Rewards Casual Players

Cons:
Points required for units will result in even greater avoidance of certain opponants
Will result in even greater unwillingness to play with new people, for fear of losing a unit which may be in the short term irreplaceable
Once doctrines are maxed out with PP's, the odds are the same inbalance issues will start again, possibly worse, as only maxed out players will be using tigers/king tigers.
Still results in a system harsh to new companies.
Punishes consistent players

If I could make a suggestion it would be to take points away from units, OR instead have points just for the ability to purchase the unit and once this has been done it can be purchased infinitely.

Vehicles which often rarely see the field as it is, would become even less viable.

"Do I buy a tiger which will most likely and definitely under this system be hunted to its destruction at any cost, or do I accrue a permanent increase in doctrine or resource abilities?"

I'm fairly certain that all this will do is result in no more Tigers/King Tigers, by the sounds of it I can't help but feel that Wehr will be most severely punished by this, or do PP points need to be spent on calliopes, pershings etc?

Mod Action: No  need to quote the entire first post when you are the 3rd person to reply.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:24:33 am by Kolath » Logged

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:21 am »

No, Doctrines are permanent when purchased.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:11:38 am »

Still results in a system harsh to new companies.
There are other systems in place that compensate for new players.

The PP cost for units depends on its rarity, and how many you have in reserve.
This will be covered in later revelations.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 12:16:30 am »

Does that mean doctrine abilities are temporary unless the person keeps gaining PP to keep that doctrine?

Doctrine abilities are as they are now.  Once you get them, you keep them.

Naturally, to offset what vonRitter is worried about (players ignoring Tigers, other PP units) the different PP areas will cost different amounts.

Rewards Casual Players

In your opinion, what is casual players vs consistent players?

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:22:04 am »

Doctrine abilities are as they are now.  Once you get them, you keep them.

Naturally, to offset what vonRitter is worried about (players ignoring Tigers, other PP units) the different PP areas will cost different amounts.

Rewards Casual Players

In your opinion, what is casual players vs consistent players?

I say a casual player is a person who plays a few times a week, consistent player plays a few games a day.

I think that such a system punishes active players and when used in other various games, similar ideas kill games.

I'll throw in an example to show my point clearer:

Player A:
Plays 7 games a week (casual). Player A loses his Tiger every game, but he gets 5 points, can re-buy his tiger ever game with some left over.

Player B:
Plays 21 games a week (consistant). Player B also loses his Tiger every game, so as a result ultimately ends up in exactly the same position as Player A. Player B would be annoyed by all this extra effort he puts in, which isn't rewarded. Player A is however happy, despite putting in less time to play, he is on the same footing as Player B.

Conclusion:
Player B stops playing as much, because when he does, he loses his tiger/vet and ultimately gains nothing from the battle. Now feel free to substitute tiger for pershing/calliope whatever it may be which costs points.

Player A isn't encouraged to play more, because his optimal playtime is 7 a week anyways.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:40 am »

Solution: Stop losing your Tiger.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 12:31:47 am »

[Snip]

@MannfredvonRitter:

Do you honestly think a Tiger or King Tiger should be able to be replaced every time it gets destroyed?  The whole point is to make losing a tiger or king tiger a big deal again, compared to now where you just buy a new one if it gets destroyed.

I like this idea!

Mod Action: Again, no need to have a 3 level quote of the post one or two before you. A simple "@[Name of poster before you]" will suffice.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:29:24 am by Kolath » Logged

Wildfire
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 12:32:44 am »

Solution: Stop losing your Tiger.

good solutin :claps:
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:33:23 am »

Also remember you dont just "stop" getting PP after 7 games, there is just diminishing returns.  So you will still have something to gain when playing more than 7 games a week.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:34:47 am »

Veterans will love the idea, new players will hate it.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 12:36:57 am »

New players will be fine...  Even if they manage to lose their heavy tanks every single game they can replace them and still have some PP left over to save for doctrine abilities and other stuff.

I really do not see any reason they wouldnt like it.
gamesguy5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:27 am »

Do you honestly think a Tiger or King Tiger should be able to be replaced every time it gets destroyed?  The whole point is to make losing a tiger or king tiger a big deal again, compared to now where you just buy a new one if it gets destroyed.

I like this idea!

Yes, because tigers are balanced by their massive cost.  They are not super powerful or anything like that.

In fact, the only effective use for the KT atm is suiciding it every game.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 12:41:17 am »

You can play just as well without a tiger or king tiger as you can with one, sometimes better.

King Tigers are pretty powerfull, as are Tigers.  A Tiger owned by a blitz player with HEAT rounds is a beast.  German Steel King Tigers are extremely powerfull as well. 

Though as I said before if for some reason you were unable to purchase a new one its still very much viable to play with a Panther instead.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 01:02:53 am »

or an army or P4s, man I've been fighting a lot of P4s lately.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
MysthalinTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 01:21:20 am »

As long as it costs 1 or 2 PPs, I think needing to pay for a Tiger Resuply shouldn't be a problem.
gungunx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 01:27:19 am »

we will just have  to wait and see the system in action . we cannot tell anything about it right now. paper is one thing and experience is other
DBSights Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 02:20:04 am »

Universal currency,
spendable on doctrines, RB's, veterency.
No limit on the amount of VPs gained per day.

Interesting, creative, and unique ideas to be certain.

... besides the cost for "prestige" units, which is actually a novel creation.

:/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc