Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:29:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How should we nerf the calli?  (Read 30889 times)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2009, 03:37:41 pm »

Hey puddin we all played against calli and we all here know the list of things not to do.
Everyone's here contibuted something to the matter, and beyond any advice on how to counter a calliope, the issue remain and the criticism is viable.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2009, 03:45:48 pm »

Shultz your right you view is credible and we are looking at the calli thank-you all for some constructive criticism on the matter.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »

A cali is Completly usless if
1.) Your on the backside of a hill
2.) your in a building
3.) Your behind a headge, or building
4.) your not grouped tightly
5.) if it can;t see you

Its 10 pop cap right now, it was 9.  Yet its not that powerful.  Yes i have played against them.  Once they fire, Attack.

Its ARTILLERy.  Its going to kill trenched in units, its the sole purpose of it.  IT is also an ANTI blob unit.  IF u blob you die, Seperate some of your ment and sudden;lt a barrage may sting, but so does  every other unit in the game.

agreed. I once played against someone who completely negated my callie by keeping spread out.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2009, 05:22:40 pm »

Mortar HT consistently outkills the callie, but i guess since its not on a sherman chasis its not OP, even tho it is speedier.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2009, 05:28:34 pm »

Mortar ht´s are easy to kill because they have a very short range, to be an arty piece, and you can kill them with anything.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2009, 05:39:15 pm »

Mortar halftrack dies to what, 3 zook hits? Gets penetrated by anything in the game, outranges the 57mm by 5 ingame units or so?

If you have ever tried mortaring a 17 pounder, you know how RELATIVELY short range this has.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2009, 06:43:13 pm »

You're all forgetting that no other artillery is as effective in killing tanks.

Fire a calliope at close range into a P4 or similar and watch its health go down drastically/die.

The calliope can rape at close range like nothing else, the tank is unbelievably powerful as artillery or direct support and you will find that the veteran players use it close range and rape.

It would seem, that the best nerf would be to increase the minimum range so it can't fire as close.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »

Mortar HT consistently outkills the callie, but i guess since its not on a sherman chasis its not OP, even tho it is speedier.

i agree. I've got my pe mortar ht to vet 2 witout even trying.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2009, 07:18:21 pm »

If I have a calliope I encourage people to get their mortar HT to vet2. My calliope is vet2 after 3 games. It consistantly kills 30-40infantry, tanks etc etc etc.

How many vehicles does your  mortar HT kill?

Hell, you can even counter a mortarHT with a calliope quite effectively.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2009, 08:57:33 pm »

You can't compare the calli to a super tank because it's not a front line unit.  You have to see the enemy to hurt them, and generally speaking if you can see them they can see you.  Something has to take the hits before artillery can go to work. Super tanks are very good at this.

Random thought that struck me: lockdown on the calli to fire, 5s set / 5s unset.

Mannfred: Listing off the calliope's advantages over the mortar HT is sorta silly, given how much more it costs. Wink
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2009, 09:02:13 pm »

Lock down the Calliope to fire? Rofl, EiR will never implement that. If it's not in vCoH, chances are it won't be in EiR.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2009, 09:16:13 pm »

Jack you know you never know thats an interesting idea all the same. 

Might bring it up in the next balance review......
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 09:18:04 pm »

You could increase the pop to 11, add 15 seconds to the cooldown, give it a lockdown time and people will still complain because their Tiger/blob took 15 rockets to the face.  Roll Eyes
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »

You can't compare the calli to a super tank because it's not a front line unit.  You have to see the enemy to hurt them, and generally speaking if you can see them they can see you.  Something has to take the hits before artillery can go to work. Super tanks are very good at this.

Random thought that struck me: lockdown on the calli to fire, 5s set / 5s unset.

Mannfred: Listing off the calliope's advantages over the mortar HT is sorta silly, given how much more it costs. Wink

I didn't compare them, other people did, I simply stated that the calliope is MORE powerful than the mortar HT and why it is, as people previously were claiming the mortar ht is better.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:34 am »

Increasing the cool down sounds good - but I really liked the idea of adding lockdown Wink

Will definately be discussing this one!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:34 am »

Increasing the cool down sounds good - but I really liked the idea of adding lockdown Wink

Will definately be discussing this one!

but, will adding the lockdown increase any stats, or would you just have to lock down to fire? If that's the case (gotta lock downto fire), can I suggest maybe giving its gun back and it can only fire it if it's not locked down? And when its locked down, it can't fire. Would still be vulnerable but it'd be able to defend itself at least, especially considering when locking down, ther's going to be a short timer going in and going out, so inbetween that time it can't fire the rocket barrage, dont thinking giving its gun back will make too much of a difference.

wish the croc could get a gun...i'd happily pay more for that, anybody agree there?
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2009, 02:54:12 am »

lol..You know Tym i always wanted a p4 firing rockets ..
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2009, 02:58:18 am »

The lock down is just a possible gameplay change - but thinking more on it, it may cripple the calli.

When offmaps and doctrines come in, this unit will not dominate as much as it currently does.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2009, 03:09:45 am »

summary: nerf its vet, nerf its armour, nerf its speed, add a lockdown(which has a cooldown), increase its minimum range, i guess thats it.
so what now?

im for nerfing its armour, adding a lockdown with cooldown and nerfing its vet2 and vet3 (-15sec cooldown instead of -30)

but even these changes wouldnt make it any weaker (its rockets) but i think it should be easier to kill it then than now.

what about adding a lockdown to all arty pieces?
in my opinion the priest is also very powerful because of its creeping barrage which is devastating in every case.

Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2009, 03:14:10 am »

When offmaps and doctrines come in, this unit will not dominate as much as it currently does.

I'm scared shitless for this day. The game is so nice right now without offmaps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc