Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:30:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with stickies?  (Read 10085 times)
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 29, 2009, 11:28:06 am »

Was just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed this.  But remember how before if you kited a rifle squad trying to sticky you, sometimes the animation of the guy throwing the sticky would start, but if you got out of range, he would stop, and the squad would continue chasing you.  Well now it seems, once that animation starts, it doesn't matter how far away you get your tank/vehicle, the sticky will fly like normal to where the tank/vehicle was, then jump across the map to where it currently is.  This isn't a major issue, but it can really mess up a game.  This happened twice to me last night,  I usually don't have problems kiting stickies, but they would just "jump" twice their normal distance.  And yes, I do know with vet rifles get more range.  These were vanilla rifles in both instances.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:31:10 am »

Bug, or shenanigans.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 11:31:33 am »

sweet, getting stickies for some squads now!

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:33:40 am »

Yup. Sometimes the rifles fail at throwing and they lose their sticky. Sometimes it goes through. Personally I don't even think there should be a 2.4 sec wind-up animation to throw a sticky.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:34:49 am »

You mean the bug where once they actually 'throw' it the sticky keeps chasing your unit all over the map?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:44 am »

lol, thats a bug? crap....

i thru a sticky at a tank last week, the tank started moving, and the sticky flew and changed directions in midair and hit the tank... i was like cool. 
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:37:39 am »

There's like a point of no return during the wind up animation... its a weird thing but it happens in vcoh as well
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 11:38:32 am »

Well not really a bug 'per sé'.
Once it gets thrown it will count as a 'hit' so regardless of what happens at that stage the sticky will do its job.
(Same way as how sometimes you'll see ATG rounds go around corners, etc)

There's videos of a sticky bomb chasing a bike all the way across the map =).

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:52 am »

I play a lot Vcoh, so yes, I know there is a point of no return, and that after that it will chase you to a certain extent.  But what I'm noticing here is different, it locks in the very instant the animation starts, making the range pretty damn far.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 12:04:56 pm »

Think we should do some testing with for example the ac car on a road with overdrive,

See how far it chases it  Grin

Eir customer support staff.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 01:17:58 pm »

I've seen stickies miss bikes Sad. They were mostly my stickies Sad.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 01:37:19 pm »

i had a sticky go through a ac and land on a hedge half a screen away.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 02:17:32 pm »

Well not really a bug 'per sé'.
Once it gets thrown it will count as a 'hit' so regardless of what happens at that stage the sticky will do its job.
(Same way as how sometimes you'll see ATG rounds go around corners, etc)

There's videos of a sticky bomb chasing a bike all the way across the map =).

link to video!

I agree, the windup time is way too long, especially since the range isn't really that big.

I've also had a bike go over a mine and not take ANY damage.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:55 pm »

link to video!

I agree, the windup time is way too long, especially since the range isn't really that big.

I've also had a bike go over a mine and not take ANY damage.
I wouldn't mind a range + damage increase if Stickies were made to not always guarantee a damages/destroyed engine.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 06:42:37 pm »

I feel the same way against ATHTs.. nerf treadbreaker!
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 06:50:50 pm »

ATHTs aren't quite the same, as they're on a specific unit (that's not good at all for anything else, plus when you see an ATHT you know it's coming), and require LOS (whereas Stickies can go through houses/headges/walls etc).
Still, the ability top near-instantly immobilize any vehicle (be it Axis or Allied) seems OP in EiR, whereas in vCoH Pios/Engis could repair the damage quickly enough.
How about both Stickies and Treadbreak have a stun-like effect, similar to Button? As it is now Damaged engine=dead tank, where as a stun-like effect would still give you ample opportunity to take out the tank, but wouldn't gimp the tank for the entirety of the game.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »

First.. It's sarcasm because your suggestion is silly. Tanks are supposed to die, just like every unit in the game. Riflemen have stickies, engies and pios have mines, PE have treadbreaker and mines, Brits have button. Critical hits given by any of these abilities is the only reason some vehicles die. Which is exactly the point of them.

Second... I'm pretty sure you get LOS through buildings so you know not to drive by a building with Riflemen behind it.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 06:58:37 pm »

ATHTs aren't quite the same, as they're on a specific unit (that's not good at all for anything else, plus when you see an ATHT you know it's coming), and require LOS (whereas Stickies can go through houses/headges/walls etc).
Still, the ability top near-instantly immobilize any vehicle (be it Axis or Allied) seems OP in EiR, whereas in vCoH Pios/Engis could repair the damage quickly enough.
How about both Stickies and Treadbreak have a stun-like effect, similar to Button? As it is now Damaged engine=dead tank, where as a stun-like effect would still give you ample opportunity to take out the tank, but wouldn't gimp the tank for the entirety of the game.

Treadbreaker is about 20 times easier to get off compared to stickies.

If you get stickied, you screwed up, if you get treadbreaked, its expected.

80 munitions is also a waste for stickies, because there is a very good chance that riflesquad will never get to sticky anything.  Where as an ATHT will always have the chance to treadbreak something.
Bristiles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 07:57:31 pm »

honestly if stickies got nerfed I would NEVER cosider buying them, they require quite a bit of work to be worthwhile anyway and they dont garuntee anything. Maybe im just a dumb noob but nerfing stickies, i think they should kill a track so the tank can go in circles lol but thats just a bias comment seeing as I would be the one throwing it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 08:56:33 pm »

Stickies are a bugger to deal with, honestly i hate how you cant find that cloaked homing beacon on every Axis vehicle that attracts stickies... but if you play smart Allies dont get a chance to use them, and considering they cost 80MU i hope there wont be any nerf, except from what i heard from others with Vet there range increase, i dont think there should be any range increase.

But what i also want to suggest is that if a sticky explodes on the front of a REAR-END ENGINE tank its engine shouldnt be damaged, same goes for HT's if the sticki explodes on the back of it (FRONT-END ENGINE) than its engine shouldnt be damaged.

just a logical-realistic suggestion

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc