Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:39:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with stickies?  (Read 10109 times)
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 12:28:08 am »

The biggest Issue with stickies is the limited uses on a weak unit, expecially because it means 4 uses=4 clicks and not for hits. I've lost all for uses because a guy kept avoiding them with a panzerIV, so that's a waste. Fortunately I have only 1 sticky on my rifles, on vet 2 where stickies are a bit more useful.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 02:15:57 am »

ATHTs aren't quite the same, as they're on a specific unit (that's not good at all for anything else, plus when you see an ATHT you know it's coming), and require LOS (whereas Stickies can go through houses/headges/walls etc).

1. Vanilla riflemen are about as useless as vanilla LATHTs are.
2. I heard the 40 munitions 30 second duration Focus Fire ability that makes your LATHT fire sniper rounds every 3 seconds was useful. Buy 2 LATHTs with focus fire, and they'll rape any blob. Add in an IHT for instasuppresion to make sure of it.
3. ATHTs are MUCH easier to treadbreak with than it is for riflemen to get stickies off. The range is severely different, wind-up times severely better on the LATHT. The speed on the LATHT is much better than that of a rifleman squad.
4. Allies do not have skirts on their shermans to provide a 50 percent chance to bounce a treadbreaker shot. I heard every single axis tank, excluding the ostwind, has access to skirts.
5. 5 pop rifles > 3 pop LATHT.
6. The chance that a rifleman will die while throwing a sticky(thus wasting a use) is severely higher than for a LATHT to die while treadbreaking.
7. Riflemen usualy lose men while throwing off a sticky, a LATHT loses some of it's HP(not even neceseraly) that can be healed, and thus make sure the LATHT has enough time to go over the cooldown phase on the treadbreaker, and ergo you will get more treadbreakers off than you will get stickies off.
8. When you see a rifleman squad charging a tank, you know it's got a sticky, then you lol and just reverse away from them, killing them in the process. When you see a LATHT you have the time to think "ohshitohshit" before you lose your engine, with NO chance to do anything at all to save the tank.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 02:54:17 am »

stickies should be 40 munis for two uses.

but people will spam them!

so what? if you get yourself stickied it's your own fault. rifles cant cloak, it's your fault for running into the middle of them and letting them get that sticky off. because that's pretty much what you have to do, is run your tank right up next to them for them to actually be able to throw the sticky.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 03:01:44 am »

Stickies should be free, tbh, hehe.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 05:12:08 am »

I would just be fine with unlimited uses, or a way to fix that click bug.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 05:25:45 am »

if they make them cheaper, every fucking riflesquad will have them.

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 11:19:56 am »

Stickies are effective even if you don't have them.  An axis player doesn't know which squads have them, so they have to stay back from every rifle squad just for fear of them.  And it means axis have to be a little more carefull on the attack, always keep range and staying back.  I don't mind stickies, they mean you have to play smart and use micro, which I believe is good.  I just don't like that something that seems like a bug makes micro ineffective.  If you can't back away from stickies, it makes your armour less effective, and armour is a big part of being axis. I love the ATHT, the only thing I don't like, is how high the change of the tread breaker bouncing.  Its effective on the weaker tanks, but it bounces a lot of the pershing, which is where we need it the most.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 02:21:42 pm »

you don't use treadbreaker on pershings from the front and it works fine... And it penetrates often enough even from the front.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 03:13:09 pm »

yea.  2 hits from behind can immobilize it... mmm  lol.  My dream is to do that to a vet 3 pershing....  I'll get one yet.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

Stickies are effective even if you don't have them.  An axis player doesn't know which squads have them, so they have to stay back from every rifle squad just for fear of them.  And it means axis have to be a little more carefull on the attack, always keep range and staying back.  I don't mind stickies, they mean you have to play smart and use micro, which I believe is good.  I just don't like that something that seems like a bug makes micro ineffective.  If you can't back away from stickies, it makes your armour less effective, and armour is a big part of being axis. I love the ATHT, the only thing I don't like, is how high the change of the tread breaker bouncing.  Its effective on the weaker tanks, but it bounces a lot of the pershing, which is where we need it the most.

Blitzen is right, you must believe that every rifleman squad has them, which stops basically every Axis tank from just Charging right into there infantry (not like allies can do where they dont have to be afraid if a squad has anti tank grenades.. they suck lol)

But not all rifles have that, and if they did it would suck

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 06:36:17 pm »

so? it doesn't matter if every rifle squad has them, any smart axis player wont get close enough for someone to use them.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:52 pm »

Sometimes it's not that easy. 80mu, for 3 stickies is pretty good. I'd only put them on vet 2 or 3 rifles though.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 07:25:20 pm »

Its only 80 Mu for 2, actually

Though, I'd prefer 40 MU for 1...
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 07:30:00 pm »

Well I don't know about you.. but I get 3 uses out of my stickies. I get 2 uses out of my grenades.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 01:38:37 am »

I thought it was 3-4 uses, but If the tank moves while you have clicked on the ability you easily lose it, that's why it's better to fix it or make it unlimited uses.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 06:10:33 am »

I love to scare tanks with unstickied riflemen makes me lol.

But the only times i get stickied are:

Some retarded mistake.

Retarded coh pathing.

The only path out is trough riflemen (with stickies maybe)

Through hedges.

A charge when i aren't looking.

Eir customer support staff.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 06:19:12 am »

Typically fear vet 2+3 rifles for having stickies. If it is a good player and he rushes rifles at you it means he has no stickies, if it is a new player and he rushes rifles, run. If it is a good player and he flanks rifles run forwards. Thats pretty much my rules for survival but i try to avoid bad situations like that.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:01 am »

Typically fear vet 2+3 rifles for having stickies. If it is a good player and he rushes rifles at you it means he has no stickies, if it is a new player and he rushes rifles, run. If it is a good player and he flanks rifles run forwards. Thats pretty much my rules for survival but i try to avoid bad situations like that.

As someone said earlier, most Vetted rifles have stickies, so dumb move there. I would put them on unvetted rifles, then move back when a tank comes. He thinks you don't have stickies and will proceed to hunt you, you stop all of sudden and before he can revert bam.

Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:52 am »

Doesn't matter if he knows you got stickies on the vet 2 rifles. Simulate when he's going to accelerate towards you and do a timing attack with the rifles. The delay in deceleration and reversing acceleration buys you enough time usually.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:19:10 pm by Lai » Logged

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 09:35:13 am »

Stickies happen, you can't say, 'oh, you got stickied cuz you suck'.  There are a million ways to get stickied, and no one is perfect, and neither is backing up.  But when you legitimately get away and the sticky still flys half a screen, turns, goes through a house and gets your tank, thats damn annoying.  It takes the skill out of the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc