Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:38:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tiger – An endangered species…  (Read 91163 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:34 am »

You could even just increase range. I hypothesize that increasing range will fix the tiger up entirely

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2012, 01:57:01 am »

You could even just increase range. I hypothesize that increasing range will fix the tiger up entirely

hmm, iam up for a test. so 45 was the range of TDs, give tiger 45 range pl0xx

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2012, 03:45:15 am »

btw

maybe some sikret hakz by leophone to FF.

last week, i was trying my TH coy and FF bounced 2 locked marder shots... LOL

Panzershreck, time to unpimp zis ride!
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2012, 03:55:21 am »

be aware of ninja changes without being mentioned in patch notes lawl
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2012, 04:29:01 am »

Penetration rates for an ATG against a Tiger is 0.35, with long range modifiers it becomes 0.2975.

At medium range it's 0.315.

If you're in close range even then it's 0.4375, which is less than a 50% chance. It should also be noted that you're either flanking the ATG at close range or have seriously fucked up somewhere for close range penetration on an ATG to be an outstanding issue.

At long range there's just shy of a 30% penetration rate and you want it lower?

Penetration rates against the Sherman is a flat 1. Range mods are how it bounces with 0.835 pen at long range and 0.92 pen at medium range. If you're bouncing a Sherman, you're unlucky. If you bounce twice in a row, then the statistics God has pissed on you from such a height it's left a crater in your skull.

Tigers get a harder time these days as both the US and the CW have hands on a non-doctrinal vehicle based heavy AT that can range the Tiger. M18 for the US, Firefly for the CW. M10's and old M18's weren't so big of an issue as their penetration rates were a major coin-flip unless they got the flank on you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:06 am »

The god of statics don't piss on Tiger user's face. They piss on the tiger itself. Each pounce is still 87.5 damage from atg.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2012, 07:54:48 am »

Every other unit suffers from the same damned thing. Most other units don't have 1024 health to soak it up with though.

In fact, out of the standard heavies (NOT super heavies) the Tiger has the highest health of the lot.

Also, WTF is a pounce? You tryin' to jump at me?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2012, 08:18:00 am »

Every other unit suffers from the same damned thing. Most other units don't have 1024 health to soak it up with though.

In fact, out of the standard heavies (NOT super heavies) the Tiger has the highest health of the lot.

Also, WTF is a pounce? You tryin' to jump at me?

Every other unit has the speed to avoid something like that (aside from Churchill which also needs love)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2012, 08:53:30 am »

the Tiger is fine and is still feared which is why if you bring out a Tiger, it gets jumepd on quickly so that it doesn't rape.

45 range will give it longer range than any tank that both fights infantry and vehicles.

It does a ton of damage AND has the highest splash of any tank in the game, it's near stuh level and you want it to gank infantry at 45 range, +10 than any Inf based AT? That's insane.

It's a bad thing when a nug idea starts to get play lol.

The Tiger is suseptible to a few main things. ATG's (which if u force fire next to the atg, u can splash it in one to two hits), stickies (IF u get close enough) and tank destroyers.

Now, if you're losing to atgs, get mortors, storms, precision strike, or heck just infantry, target all atgs and make sure they're out of the play, they're very squishy.

If stickies, use hmg, stusg (great top gun to help support) heck even using a stuh along with a tiger will do very well.

If ur losing to TD's, use storms with pak back up, surprise it when it pounces on u, and that's out.

then there's teammates, if you're soloing a side, you're doing it wrong, you're going to lose the tiger, stay with your teammates, let their infantry and vehicles screen for you.

Use Puma's, they're very good now on the move, take 2, take out atgs.

Unit shouldn't be buffed because of user error.

If you give tiger 45 range,  you must give pershing 45 range, nuff said.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:20 am »

how about playing with a tiger and than posting about it Tym?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2012, 09:22:30 am »

+1
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2012, 09:24:03 am »

eHow to use a Tiger!

When you use a Tiger you get to feel like you are the Ultimate head of Axis Warmachine. Your tiger tank crushes the opposition but then you realized that it wasn't how you dreamt it would be. Even a single Anti tank gun will block your path to victory and you simply can't cut it to smash it to bits because you'd have to face yet another anti tank gun and you are forced to sit behind all sorts of buildings and other shotblockers. Luckily we can help you:

You will need:

A Tiger tank.

A Axis Mortar 5 pop
A Axis PAK 5 pop
A Squad carrying a panzerschreck 5 pop

Paper towels
And a lot of patience

Optional: Smoke rounds, repairs, second repair kit. Axis Sniper 7 pop, A recon unit 2-3 pop.

Here is how it works. You should only call out your Tiger when you have sufficient ammount of popcap because Tiger itself costs a hefty 16 pop to field to the battle. You have to play the battle for at least 20 minutes to aquire sustainable ammount of pop to call out the beast from the offmap. Evidently the enemy will notice you have a Tiger and immediately they start building up a wall made out of anti tank guns. Heres what you do.

Sit your Tiger behind your line and do nothing with it. Move up the recon unit, spot the anti tank gun. Start bombing anti tank gun with your mortar or optionally with your sniper! Keep the schreck squad and your anti tank squad next to your tiger behind doing nothing while your mortar or recon unit keeps bombing. If someone decides to charge at your mortar, move the tiger forward a bit to shoot at the enemy to force him to sit still. Once anti tank gun is dead, move up your tiger to the position your mortar had been firing for two minutes and move up the mortar and recon unit forward. Use the tiger or schreck squad to kill the unmanned anti tank gun to prevent enemy from capturing it again.

Rinse and repeat this when ever you see a anti tank gun and soon enemy will be frustarated and offmap or arty your indirect unit. be active and move up your mortar or sniper to safety using a T2 ability called Keep it moving! And bolt to safety whenever the enemy starts bombing you! If you keep this up soon enemy will charge you with their tank destroyers which you will destroy with your pak and schreck squad with the aid of the tiger!

Keep doing this onward and onward until you finally realized that your tiger had done absolutely nothing on the field, on the realization you might want to use paper towels to wipe your pouring tears of saddness!

Did you know?

Tiger Ace is capable of doing things alone without a massive pool made out of support weapons?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:13 am »

What if the opposition has arty and jeeps with atg and a hc. With hmg

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

WOULD really like to see the tiger evaluated by the Belence Teem now.,

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2012, 10:43:24 am »

how about playing with a tiger and than posting about it Tym?

I have no problem doing that, I do quite well with Tigers. Just because I prefer Allies doesn't mean I can't play or don't play Axis, I just have more fun with Allied equpment over Axis.

Did you know?

Tiger Ace is capable of doing things alone without a massive pool made out of support weapons?

Hence why it's called an Ace and is a Reward unit, not an unlock. Tiger Ace also gets a lot of abilities that the Tiger has to unlock PLUS it has 2 firing modes, so to compare it to that is ridiculous.

What if the opposition has arty and jeeps with atg and a hc. With hmg

Thats why it's a 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, if you're going at it alone, you're doing it wrong. Communication is key as in anything.

Saying to your teammate "HAY, I has a Tigger" will really help in providing the correct support. Generally if I have a weird configuration I let my teammtes know "hay, i are doin parshing stert, bring infantnry!" it's that easy! Talk to your teammate! If they communicate with you reply back!

A simple "okay" or "i'm not going to do that" will suffice. There's nothing that frustrates me more than a teammate with no map awareness or no communication.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:55 am »

I want to see a replay of Tym's tiger  Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2012, 11:13:17 am »

+1

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:27 am »

+1

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2012, 11:49:12 am »

Here's a Tym Tiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkgu2BFurzw

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2012, 12:24:32 pm »

You don't need to see it. Picture mortar smoke and RR's, Now watch a tiger tank miss every shot as it gets penetrated by the RR's that it can't shoot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc