Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:35:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Achron - Time Travel RTS  (Read 18682 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:42 pm »

So be a douchebag to the poor indie developer, then? Got it.

I'm pretty damn certain that I'm poorer than the poor indie developer.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »

Nothing illegal about what we were talking about.

It kinda breaks this rule me thinks:

Forum Specific Behaviour Guidelines

2. No Warez Talk

What is Warez?

Warez refers primarily to copyrighted works traded in violation of copyright law.

That means any discussion on pirated/stolen software on these forums is prohibited. We will be taking a Zero Tolerance stance on this subject. This is not open for debate; and we expect all members to follow it to the letter.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 04:15:22 pm »

The game is worth paying for, its not the best looking game - but will be fucking AWESOME during a LAN.

For me, it'll be a beer and pretzels game - get pissed and then get destroyed trying to think about time continuum - can there be anything better?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »

tell him to make it modable and then import EIR Wink

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:49 pm »

I'm pretty damn certain that I'm poorer than the poor indie developer.

Clearly, otherwise he wouldn't've been able to support work on his personally-funded creation that he will be relying on to pay back his own investments.

If you hadn't noticed, this particular game publisher is not operating under a communistic society and deserves to be paid fairly for his work that he, personally, invested his time and money into.

Nah, if you like it after playing it then buy it, shouldn't have to "pre-order" (give free moneys) to try the thing. Hell its how i found out that Mount and Blade was one of the single most Bad-Ass awesome moddable games out there took my close to 3 months to hunt down and buy a hardcopy from the store. (BTW it was indie too)

Yes, of course, Paradox Interactive is definitely indie after being attached to a publisher and publishing a gamut of games over the past 12 years numbering in the dozens, correct?

Or do you mean the video game store you bought it from was indie?  Roll Eyes

If you want to try it then you can play the demo when the game is released. If you want to buy it, you happen to get a free preview of the alpha version.

The game is worth paying for, its not the best looking game - but will be fucking AWESOME during a LAN.

For me, it'll be a beer and pretzels game - get pissed and then get destroyed trying to think about time continuum - can there be anything better?

The site expounds endlessly about how they have no art assets complete yet, hopefully that will be rectified before release. I look forward to playing it, but would prefer if it looked pretty and had more than rudimentary unit balance in addition to its clearly amazing gimmick.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:54:22 pm by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 11:55:58 pm »

Yes, of course, Paradox Interactive is definitely indie after being attached to a publisher and publishing a gamut of games over the past 12 years numbering in the dozens, correct?

While Paradox the publisher (my fav to be precise) is definitly not indie. The couple who designed and developed the game were, Paradox decided it was worth picking up and so did I.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:05 am »

Paradox only picked up publishing the game once it was already pretty much more or less so a working game. There is nothing stopping Achron from getting the same kind of support later on in it's existence.

Besides that - if we're going to determine that if a person has a publisher he is automatically not indie anymore - then all those indie games being published on steam are also not indie any more. It's not that simple.

I'll agree the game looks awesome, and the developer deserves the money. But only when the game is actually out in a fully-released form. Pre-ordering just to get access to the Alpha? Paying to have access to bug-hunting and enjoying the numerous crashes, which is something to expect in an alpha-stage of a game? It doesn't sound exactly right to me, considering most game developers actually pay the testers to bughunt.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:29 am »

Pre-ordering just to get access to the Alpha? Paying to have access to bug-hunting and enjoying the numerous crashes, which is something to expect in an alpha-stage of a game?

Q: So wait, you're making me pay you to test your product?
A: No. By purchasing Achron, you have no obligation to test or give us feedback, and you will receive all future versions of Achron including the full release. You don't have to sign any NDA; if something is included in a release, you're free to talk about it. We'll make features and content available when we feel that users will have a good experience with it. That means that we won't be releasing things the instant they're working, but rather, once they're polished just enough to be fun. In fact, we are planning to hold off on releasing final versions of the single player levels until a campaign is finished; that way we ensure that the story is conveyed coherently and without too many cliffhangers.

Already covered that, and anyway, apparently there's hardly any bugs, and if there is, its due to weird pc set ups, like graphics cards ect :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 04:36:21 am »

How does it solve the time paradox??
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 04:51:40 am »

It functions on waves that propagate. So depending on which wave falls off the end of the scale you can somewhat control which result a paradox will achieve.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 04:59:17 am »

Can I quickly ask something, I can't work out something..Basically.
Lets say MrTank is fighting MrTurret.
MrTank sends a tank to attack MrTurret. It destroys 1 Turrent and half kills another.
Mr Tank doesn't like this outcome and decides to go back in time to stop this.
While doing this, MrTurret realises the he freaking loves tanks too and build 3 tanks.
What happens?
Does Mr Turret now own 2 Turrets and 3 tanks?

And more importantly, If Mr Tank destroys a Barrack BEFORE the units are made (yet in MY timeline, they've been made). Do I lose my units?
asmithally Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 07:02:51 am »

Both of your conclusions are correct, yes.

Interestingly, however, in the second case, you can send those unit back in time to prevent the destruction of the barracks in the first place.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:18 am »

/does not compute.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:38 am »

Interestingly, however, in the second case, you can send those unit back in time to prevent the destruction of the barracks in the first place.

Another question time then...
If you go back in time and loop round... Do you end up with "Clones"?
Because they have gone back in time, and looped round coming along side "them" being built....
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 03:45:55 pm »

Another question time then...
If you go back in time and loop round... Do you end up with "Clones"?
Because they have gone back in time, and looped round coming along side "them" being built....

Yup, you can potentially clone an entire army of units... But it would be expensive, and cost a crap ton of chrono energy.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 04:04:29 pm »

And more importantly, If Mr Tank destroys a Barrack BEFORE the units are made (yet in MY timeline, they've been made). Do I lose my units?
There is only one time line, and if you DIDNT like that outcome - youd have to expend 'Chrono-energy' and go back FURTHER in time to stop the baracks being destroyed.

BUT!  Heres where it gets FUN!
If you cant do that, and you go INTO THE FUTURE, where the destroyed barracks hasnt 'propogated' yet (read: re-adjusted):
A. Your barracks still hasnt been destroyed, and the units are sitting there.
B. Use a Chrono-porter with enough energy and send those NEW UNITS, into the past to defend the barracks as its being built.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I fucking love this game.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:45 pm »

Almost like you have to think in three dimensional terms, right? Tongue
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »

I haven't played this, but i don't think my mind could take it.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 04:23:53 pm »

I haven't played this, but i don't think my mind could take it.
Play it drunk.

At a LAN party.

It will all make sense.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »

Almost like you have to think in three dimensional terms, right? Tongue

4 dimensions =) Go go time paradox bullshit!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc