Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:21:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Armor] HE rounds  (Read 12075 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:21 am »

I'm not sure, but it seems like I'm doing the same amount of damage to units in a building when I should be doing much much more. Going into a building should be a death trap against HE rounds shouldn't it? Anyone else use these and notice this? Also I think the splash could be brought up just a little, you only really notice the extra damage you are doing when you shoot something as weak as volks, and you don't take out weapons crews any quicker.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:06:43 am »

I believe it's not meant to really clear buildings.... its not a StuH round, it's more a 105... and have you seen a 105 hit a building but fail to hurt anyone, while a Neb can barely touch it and instantly torch people?

The HE Pershing is best I think against guys in the open, especially blobs.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:55 am »

Ya, HE rounds don't only kill maybe one person a shot in buildings. It's a shreck squads only escape. Out in the open though... oh ho... the slaughter.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:28:30 am »

HE rounds is pretty OP, I dont know why you would ask for more from it, it already instawtf pwns any infantry squad, and hurts my light vehicles, and its a FREE ability that you dont pay for, Personaly I think its cooldown needs to be raised, or when TH comes out jagdpanther should get AP rounds that increase damage vs all tanks by 50%, but accursey goes way down vs LV,Weapon teams, and inf.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:15:48 am »

ye HE round sis pretty OP as is, adding anymore to it, would be just overkill. BUT OFCOURSE after like 5 post, tym will show up trying to justify it. but whatever ;P

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:25:42 am »

thing I dont like about HE rounds is the instaswap between HE and AP. it should take some time to switch. that will demand some actual skill of the allied player instead of just having it be a roflrape machine. It also gives the axis player "some" way of countering it: send out a volks squad, have the pershing shoot HE, then rush in your panzer.

Also heard HE has pretty good dmg vs tanks too. it shouldn't. thats what AP is for.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 08:34:46 am »

lmao yes, the HE rounds rape all PE at except the panther. there should be a much much bigger cooldown between HE and AP not like 10 secondes, its stupid, its the insta soloution to everything
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 08:51:05 am »

thing I dont like about HE rounds is the instaswap between HE and AP. it should take some time to switch. that will demand some actual skill of the allied player instead of just having it be a roflrape machine. It also gives the axis player "some" way of countering it: send out a volks squad, have the pershing shoot HE, then rush in your panzer.

Also heard HE has pretty good dmg vs tanks too. it shouldn't. thats what AP is for.

Meh, why should there be a delay, its as easy as putting a HE round in the gun or putting in a AP round, just as fast as regular reload...  so no need for a delay more than normal reload times.

and HE doing damage to tanks is a legit item.  a Large calibar shell that is HE can completely destroy a tank, it wont penetrate, but it will crack the armor and create alot of spall....  so thats legit too.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:19 am »

stfu about realism plz.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:23 am »

HE pershing one shooting Paks and shrek squads appears a lot OP to me. With the exception of mines, what is the counter as Wher?

With only one atg supporting the Pershing, a panther is useless.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 10:36:38 am »

The worst part about HE rounds is how they fire without using the main gun, so it's like an invisible howitzer with no cooldown and 90% accuracy. HE rounds function much better in Blitzkrieg mod where the tank fires one HE round with its main gun to counter huge blobs and units behind cover, it works well but it also takes some timing and skill to use.

In EIR, they were also able to fire HE rounds while repairing, dunno if that's fixed yet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:20:09 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 10:59:31 am »

stfu about realism plz.

no, i can talk about it all i want.  thats part of reason this mod is so low on players, and the game itself is dieing, i.e. closing of COH online is the total wack job on modelling of units...

its a game yes, but its based of WW2 units, there NEEDS to be a general area of realism involved, or its not a ww2 game, its just some wack fantasy war game.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:51 am »

The Wehr counter to HE Pershings are mines, the 88, and the pak 40 (if you can keep the persh away from its flanks). OR, also, MASS at guns. Like 3 or 4 in one area.

Defensive has the best chance, honestly.

But then there's the artillery the Pershings allies should have...

Fuck it, Unless there's Teller mines and a jagd in the match, there's not shit the axis can really do. I think if Tank Hunter were implemented already, you'd see less pershings in general since everyone would rush to that doctrine to counter it.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:28:40 am by Malgoroth » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 11:38:52 am »

With only one atg supporting the Pershing, a panther is useless.

panther already is useless.

full hp panther was fighting a tracked 1/10 hp repairing pershing which was firing HE shells at volks 1 sec before the panther attacked. pershing lost its main gun moments later but just kept shooting(without main gun & while repairing) and defeated the panther. panther was supported by a marder btw.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:09:16 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 11:44:31 am »

eh, thats completely broken then... i didnt know they could still fire HE rounds with main gun dead.. woot, thats a needed fix guys.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 12:25:51 pm »

Oh I should of mentioned that I was talking about HE rounds on a sherman, I have no idea how they are with a pershing. I think the switching between rounds is fine, I don't like the idea that I can't upgun though, it doesn't really rape vehicles, maybe I'll get some pershings to see how it fairs, but I do agree the fact that I don't have to pay for it is pretty awesome.

Also that makes sense that it doesn't kill units in a building, but I really wish it did, howie shots come from the top these shells are going straight into the building. I shall toy around with it more, but it seems to be mediocre on the sherman but amazing on the pershing.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:03 pm »

Personally, I'm not seeing the huge issue with HE rounds myself.

However, for arguments sake, lets throw my opinion out of the window and suggest something to appease the masses.

Put HE rounds on a 60-120 second cool down and either have it a 10-20 second duration ammo change forcing you to use HE rounds for that duration. A tank comes in that window and your in for a world of hurt.

Alternatively, have the same 60-120 second cool down, and have it fire a single shot, which hits precisely where you aim it. It should take 1-1.5 seconds to aim it after the tank is pointing at the target so good knowledge of your targets moving direction or suppression would be needed for maximum effect.

Or, keep it the way it is, and throw a 100 munition cost on it. You want two double repair HE Pershings? You've just paid 580 munitions - it SHOULD be something impressive.

Release the trolls...

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:13 pm »

no, i can talk about it all i want.  thats part of reason this mod is so low on players, and the game itself is dieing, i.e. closing of COH online is the total wack job on modelling of units...

its a game yes, but its based of WW2 units, there NEEDS to be a general area of realism involved, or its not a ww2 game, its just some wack fantasy war game.

No, you can't.

Balance Forum Guidelines

2. Reality arguments

This is a game and for the sake of balance EIRR will never be balanced based on what would happen on real life, this is the only way to keep it fun and I'm sure everyone will agree that is the way to go.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 01:46:04 pm »

No, you can't.

whatever dude, what you gonna do, kick me out? ya! more playas!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »

Out of the balance forum, yeah; out of the mod... why would I?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc