Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:29:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calli vs Hummel  (Read 11192 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

I'd like to see that actually. See how you keep it defended and such.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »

I'd like to see that actually. See how you keep it defended and such.

I use sherman smoke too and run like a bitch if things get to hairy Tongue I'll be honest though i only bring it out mid game, and only during 3v3's and 4v4's where i got some back up for it

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:11 am »

Callie is for armor doctrine and it's a T2, so you can't compare it with Hummel/Priest from an artillery based doctrine. And if you compare it with most axis artillery it's already a lot better.

This discussion has been up so many times and the outcome is always the same, people DO NOT WANT super strong artillery that kills heavy tanks with a single barrage, especially not if it's from a doctrine like armor.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 02:03:29 am »

+1 Pony

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 02:41:11 am »

+1 Pony

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:50 am »

+1 Pony

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 06:24:13 am »

10 pop callie would be ok

BigDick
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 06:32:00 am »

Opening up with a calli is just plain stupid, I even played a few games doing it just to see how it worked, it's totally terrible.

no its not

i did that before doctrine rework with a ngv calli

my start was ngv calli 2xAT57mm and a bar rifle

i lost my vet3 leaderboard calli every 2-3 days and you know what? i did not care because it got kills so quick by using it as a sherman behind AT guns with the rocket launcher

i have to admit that atgs where 4 pop then but it was borderlined broken

i'm pretty sure that a urban survival kit calli can be usefull in core nowadays too even when i would wait for a bit more pop because of 5 pop ATGs

calli with maingun is best arty unit in game

highly mobile and survivable
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 08:41:59 am »

I believe the pre-patch Calli had +20 range to main gun with vet 2, plus NGV was a tier 3, so more quickly viable.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 08:46:18 am »

i used to start with it and i had a back up taht was already vet 3 so if somehow u killed my starter my other came out.

it's quite doable and if ur really good with it, and microing atgs n such its not that hard.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:20 am »

Callie is for armor doctrine and it's a T2, so you can't compare it with Hummel/Priest from an artillery based doctrine. And if you compare it with most axis artillery it's already a lot better.

This discussion has been up so many times and the outcome is always the same, people DO NOT WANT super strong artillery that kills heavy tanks with a single barrage, especially not if it's from a doctrine like armor.

The problem is that Axis players who don't use the cally think its either super OP, or super UP. Truth is its a mediocre unit even with the T4 that can, if all your rockets hit and do max damage drop a panther thats point blank to half health.

Only time i have really killed a heavy tank like that is from careless axis people like a certain one who creates rage posts all the time. Who see the cally, go TIGER RUSH after it right into an AP round ATG. They still havent realized why i haven't fired the cally in a while, and when they learn call it bullshit hacks OPness instead of blaming themselves for doing it.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 10:55:44 am »

If you think all the rockets hitting a panther WONT kill it you sir are funny. Before half the barage is done the panther will be dead. Caliopes need to be close to the target. What you need to do is engine damage it. Try using a sticky halftrack on a tiger when it reaches a bit farther out from its support. (If your not smart enough to reposition your attack to lure it away from the slower Paks your loss) Then hit it with a cali barage from close range. BLAM! That thing took SHITLOADS of damage!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 11:05:46 am »

i honestly dont know why people make posts like this, both of these units have totally differant pusposes. you cannt compare them to each other at all.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:07 am »

Maybe it's the fact that I go up against smart axis players and not shitty ones. Because I haven't dropped a panther/tiger to half health with a single calli barrage since I started using it. Also A hit from a hummel can drop the health of a sherman to nearly 25% if it's hit directly. I really don't think callis are known for their tank hunting abilities, the only times I ever kill tanks are when they are low health, I've fired directly onto stugs and killed them now and again. But the only kills I ever get with calli are light vehicles.

And how can you say two arty units have two different purposes? Hummels are used in the exact same way that callis are used! I go to move some units up, I am stopped by ATG and MG, bring calli in and fire hope to clear it out so I can advance. My opponent tries to make a push, gets stopped by ATGs with armor backing it up does a hummel barrage.

The only difference is he is capable of keeping his hummel close to spawn, I have to bring my calli up towards the front lines.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »

i have not used the calli since the doctrine re work but i used it before and it was MEh... The only player i ever saw use it flawlessly was Sach and he was a god with it... It was a thing of beauty be he was the ONLY player i see to use it well. 

Everytime i see a teamte bring one out i say shit,... hang my head low and cry. 

If your every caught in c alli barrage just hit halt and face front armor towards it... Why halt....  Calli rockets... 2 maybe 3 hit in the same area if at medium range so the liklyhood of it doing much dmg is low.. 

Also the dumb players move in the barrage unless you notice your almost clear of it the you mvoe out of it... 

The thing is that Right now it does not saturate an area enoguh the real purpse to Kill Pgs or AT guns or the support weapons the arty should be good at it is not... 

I would like to see more rockets and more range, Perhaps less dmg per rocket But more like a saturation weapon were as you can blanket a smaller area with tons of rockets and over time do lots of damage  Or shoot at long range and do little damage over n entirely big area... 

Say make the rockets do 75% less dmg per rocket but increas the number of rockets by double or Triple or Quadruple more rockets and make it so the range can be fired from a greater distance. 

OK so It gets 4 times as many rockets, but does 4 times less damage, And give it Greater ranger....   

Again you can pull it close to an area and saturate it and if someone stays in it long enoguh they will die... But once the rockets are heard its like a V-1 ppl scatter... 

The Calli will be exposed longer because more rockets means longer time sitting still firing, and with disteneit can still survive, but will not be as effective. 

This way it can be like more of a true arty peice, Not be any more OP or UP then it is, But still have a chance to act like an arty peice

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:49 pm »

The armour doc already is a very solid doctrine. Unless all of armour doc is willing to trade a buff away I really don't think armour should get any more.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 07:34:36 pm »

You would see less pershings if the cali was a different. 

This proposed change would not make make it more powerfull, just different...  More of a damage and saturation unit then a Killing and I win button unit.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »

Eh, if your gonna make those kinds of changes to the calli, it's rate of fire would need an increase.

Four times the rate of fire, four times the projectiles, a quarter less damage.

A hell of a lot more rounds in the same space of time with the same amount of damage. You've actually got a chance of hitting something in your target area. Making the barrage last any longer would be a bit silly, as you can avoid most of a calli barrage as it stands with an itchy micro finger tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »

The problem is that Axis players who don't use the cally think its either super OP, or super UP. Truth is its a mediocre unit

1: I use and have used callies extensivly.

2: Nobody said that, people said it was mediocre but still better than most axis artillery and it should not be as powerful as a Priest/Hummel. The nebel is only average and not at all as good as the callie. The stuka even with the damage bonus can't touch infantry with a 100% hit.

3: The truth is that it depends on how you use it. It also works a lot better in bigger games (3v3,4v4).

Quote from: Spartan_Marine88
Only time i have really killed a heavy tank like that is from careless axis people like a certain one who creates rage posts all the time. Who see the cally, go TIGER RUSH after it right into an AP round ATG. They still havent realized why i haven't fired the cally in a while, and when they learn call it bullshit hacks OPness instead of blaming themselves for doing it.

1: My example was an over dramatization of what would happen if the the damage was increased even more.

2: No, nobody does that, undefended AT guns are not hard to deal with, especially not if you have blitzkrieg.

3: I have killed many callies with my tiger without taking any damage.

4: Your post is a rage post.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:15:06 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 02:43:19 am »

1: I use and have used callies extensivly.

doesn't sound like it

2: Nobody said that, people said it was mediocre but still better than most axis artillery and it should not be as powerful as a Priest/Hummel. The nebel is only average and not at all as good as the callie. The stuka even with the damage bonus can't touch infantry with a 100% hit.

Nebel and stuka can instant kill any infantry in a building ontop of mass pinning an entire force. Cally is not better then a Priest. And wouldn't know about the Hummel as i can admit to not using a unit.

3: The truth is that it depends on how you use it. It also works a lot better in bigger games (3v3,4v4).

Everything works better in bigger games

1: My example was an over dramatization of what would happen if the the damage was increased even more.

considering the spread of the rocket damage, i still don't see it.

2: No, nobody does that, undefended AT guns are not hard to deal with, especially not if you have blitzkrieg.

A shit load of people do.

3: I have killed many callies with my tiger without taking any damage.

Congrats to killing a single cally? Running down a Cally without an Upgun that has already fired its rockets is about the same as sniping a minesweeper.

4: Your post is a rage post.

No just tired of Axis like you and Leo bitching and whining when you get your stuff killed

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc