Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:48:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death to Puddin, Long Live Puddin  (Read 11550 times)
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 15, 2011, 03:36:33 am »

Seriously, every time I play him I end up raging.  He picks the most efficient counters for tanks and infantry for a given faction and spams the hell out of them.

So, instead of raging at how OP grens, marders, and whatever other 2 units he has in his PE company I figure I should just make my own.

So, for American armor...

The best AT options are:
atgs
hellcats, m10s
pershing
stickies

Puddin uses (abuses) infantry based AT like piats and AT nades for PE.  The American Armor doesn't really have infantry based AT that can actually kill tanks.  That said, I'm leaning towards m10s and/or hellcats for AT.  Throw in HVAP rounds, and I think hellcats would actually be pretty good...

But tank destroyers are weak, and die easily to axis AT, like paks and shreks. 
What kills axis AT (and infantry in general) and is spammable
riflemen with nades
machine guns
snipers (not really spammable.. but certainly effective)

With 1500 fuel, 8000 manpower, and 2000(?) munis I can get:
5 m10s
20 riflemen with nades, interspersed stickies
~6 machine guns (cally takes retarded popcap)
1 cally
as many snipers as I can afford

Logic,
Until I can get HVAP rounds, m10s stay back and cover my infantry.
Riflemen go in, nade anything they can, sticky anything that chases them.
m10 tries to get shots off at sticked vehicle
machine guns keep axis inf back
calliope does it's thing

With HVAP rounds, I can (hopefully) use hellcats much more aggressively and actually kite the enemy...

What do you guys think?

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:11:06 am »

Give him some credit, he has good micro too, and a knowledge of exactly how to use all the units he is using!

If he's PE, just play Airborne and you'll never look back, I know I haven't Smiley.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 04:13:09 am »

Puddin multiple units?  lies ! if you think i spam , play with puddin Tongue

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 04:56:53 am »

If by your logic, HVAP feels in the role to do more, then by that definition HVAP is broken and needs to be toned down

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:42 am »

I don't understand, how is HVAP OP?  It's just +33% pen and +10% dmg...  Also, what do you guys think of my coy?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:33:57 am »

Because you clearly stated until you get HVAP rounds your M10's only sit at the back. by that logic the buff of the T4 changes the role "in your opinion" from a defensive unit to a offensive unit.

Although my Point of view is different and i see nothing wrong with a M10 without buffs as a effective long range tank destroyer.

I believe your whole mind frame of battlefield tactics need to be revised if your having problems to adapt to Puddin. What i mean by this is your perception of the roles and tactics of some units are not adequate enough to fight against Puddin.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:38:14 am »

Cut down on the machineguns, get a few more M10s.

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 10:17:49 am »

First off I hate how everyone bashes pudding... (love you man  Wink ).   Try using his tactics before you start raging on him.  As someone who plays with him (with and against) its not that big of a deal.  Most of the time those companies put a lot of resources into one unit type, and have trouble handing something that they don't hard counter.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:23 am »

drop the  callie,  callie  without  main  gun is a  NO GO!

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:29:43 am »

Puddin is a Cool guy, spams shit and aint afrade of anything. Tongue

nah just joking, puddin is an nice guy and his tactics are easy to counter with whatever you have, you just need to micro more than ususal against him just like when fighting ground, hicks , deadbolt or any other pro.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 12:22:15 pm »

i  still remember   pudins ambush piats  , landin  on  the Old saturation minefield
Cheesy
epic !
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 12:38:30 pm »

I never understand why people rage when they play against puddin, he's my favorite person to play against BECAUSE of the spam. Never bring out vet that you don't want lost when you play against him, and simply try your best to counter his counters. Playing with puddin is about as rock/paper/scissors as you are going to get. By playing with him it also helps me see the validity and new ways to use some units.

Either way, that actually seems like that set up could work, doesn't take advantage of your armor abilities though it's worth a try I'd say.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:24 pm »

still.. those vet 3 piats are a bit too effective at killing inf...

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 01:40:22 pm »

Lol, one guy's opinion and Demon says NERF HVAP!

Hellcat's still suck with HVAP unless you make use of the ambush. Normal penetration rates still cant penetrate a skirted PIV consistently. Never mind anything bigger.

M10's are alright, but considering how they are used, you generally dont feel any noticeable benefits from HVAP.

Pershings get the most feel from HVAP, and become competent fighters against anything short of a JagdPanther. Tiger's can still hurt you, but you can consistently hurt them back with HVAP. Panthers that come into your range will get sincerely hurt as well, however, they shouldn't be rushing you with or without HVAP - It's a Pershing.

Personal experience using all tanks with HVAP, I'd say use Pershings with it. M10's can perform perfectly well without HVAP, and can get buffs from other lines more suited to them, such as speed or a bit more survivability. An M10 with -12% inc damage and vet 1 can take a respectable amount of damage for a TD.

Then again, if you use HVAP, the Pershing splash get's reduced and any more than a single AT squad is liable to overwhelm you and can cause nasty damage unless you get out of dodge quickly.

Oh, and M10's or Hellcats or Pershings alone are not good enough AT. You need atleast a couple of ATG's in your company - They are the bread and butter of your AT.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

I suppose TD's won't work very well vs axis heavy tanks... what spammable AT does US armor have?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »

I suppose TD's won't work very well vs axis heavy tanks... what spammable AT does US armor have?

there really isn't, M-10s work well in pairs if you can catch said tanks outside of pak help.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »

No Hicks, i was going by his logic which seemed off about HVAP.
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 05:20:36 pm »

First off I hate how everyone bashes pudding... (love you man  Wink ).   Try using his tactics before you start raging on him.  As someone who plays with him (with and against) its not that big of a deal.  Most of the time those companies put a lot of resources into one unit type, and have trouble handing something that they don't hard counter.

hmmm no love for me.....

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:33 pm »

I <3 Puddin'

No lie.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

You aint alone EIRmod, You aint alone.

Can i call you Steve?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc