Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:34:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Infantry] GMC  (Read 8354 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: April 22, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »

Just curious, what are these best used for? I had one in my company I was just dicking around with, is it light AT? anti infantry? I replaced it with a jumbo, but was considering putting some back in.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »

Clears houses better than a stuh and it rapes at when 2 are flanking.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:15:48 pm »

It is a really sucky unit

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:06:45 pm »

It is a really sucky unit

it really does. I wish it was the great splash damage vehicle that the US inf need. But its not. And it misses ALOT.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

Like the OP, i have no idea what it's meant to be used for, sucks against everything, havent seen one get any significant kills, maybe 1-2 infantry before it was destroyed by ATG because of its shitty range and micro... HAH reminds me of a PE AT vehicle.. anyways
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

I'd strongly disagree with you guys, I love this unit, mine consistently perform to cost efficiency or above. They're an ultimate support unit and have an epic firing arc that allows them to fire through bushes. They're surprisingly accurate and take out everything excluding heavy tanks well. I use them in groups of two and like airborne -- to get them to move forward and back through the front line to pick off enemy assaults.

BTW these are showing up as 6 pop in launcher but are only 5 in game.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »

they're awesome garrison clearing machines, they do real nice damage vs light vehicles and can damge tanks from the rear. They aren't so good at killing atgs but they're good at taking out hmgs and mortars from range. I use 'em from time to time just for fun.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:28 pm »

they're awesome garrison clearing machines, they do real nice damage vs light vehicles and can damge tanks from the rear. They aren't so good at killing atgs but they're good at taking out hmgs and mortars from range. I use 'em from time to time just for fun.

oh im pretty sure they are lethal to garrison or non moving inf. But their splash isnt that good, and many times inf is on the move. The distance is kind of short, the round actually takes a while to land, and ive seen it hit a moving unit only to kill 1.

I guess i can use it on mortar teams through hedges.

Many times mortar teams are using barriers and good axis players have ats and mgs covering multiple areas. But a good lob through the bushes will hopefully do something to an axis vet unit.

Or have 2 back to back? Since they suck at aiming.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:41:48 pm »

2 is best. I've brought out 3 and wrecked havoc.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:43:29 pm »

A quick list of points from using them myself...

Dont try to attack units in cover, the accuracy sucks hard. Dont try fighting on any form of inclined terrain going high or low as the shell will fall ridiculously short or long. Use attack ground to lead a squad if they are moving, if there are multiple squads simply target the lead squad and the round should fall into the rear squad.

Also, take advantage of the fact that it will automatically target units through obstacles... It can shoot through tree lines and any other physical obstacle that is not a shot blocker. The fact that it aims itself means it doesn't rely purely on scatter, and can roll an actual hit through the cover making it's accuracy quite decent when used like this.

Avoid any form of ATG's and anything more than a single shreck. Going after HT's and LV's is alright so long as it isn't an upgunned puma or a shreck clown car that is specifically aiming for you.

Finally, if you really want them to shine, use them in pairs. Lure your enemy into the correct terrain and a pair of them can one shot an entire squad or leave it severely crippled. Treat it like a direct mortar on wheels tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »

I'm gonna put this out there.

Across the board it performs better then a LeIG currently. All the StuH like units(GMC, Leig, Stummel) need work. they are either stupid strong or fairly weak.

I've had my GMC's succeed astonishingly and fail miserably. I don't run American Mortars so fighting in cities can suck and the GMC fills this role pretty effectively for me

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »

I just may try a pair of them for support then, I don't think I really need 3 jumbos with repairs. So I should use them almost like a piat squad kind of.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »

Interesting points you guys have brought up, very interesting.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 04:06:44 am »

interesting unit is interesting

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 03:30:48 pm »

I just may try a pair of them for support then, I don't think I really need 3 jumbos with repairs. So I should use them almost like a piat squad kind of.

how you affording that? guess  no m10s for you
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 03:33:45 pm »

I think you can garrison them too?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »

I'm gonna put this out there.

Across the board it performs better then a LeIG currently. All the StuH like units(GMC, Leig, Stummel) need work. they are either stupid strong or fairly weak.

I've had my GMC's succeed astonishingly and fail miserably. I don't run American Mortars so fighting in cities can suck and the GMC fills this role pretty effectively for me

tbh, the gmc and leig are quite balanced but the stummel isn't because it can take 3 hits from an atg and decrew it before it gets a second shot off while a gmc needs 2 pak hits to go down and the reload is so slow and its accuracy vs atg crew (the splash isn't large enough) that you're retarded to try it.

the leig because it's a man movable can be easily defeated by a lot of things. I usually average about 10 kills per game mainly because no one expects to see it but as soon as its in it's a huge target and gets focused on by arty, infantry rushes, tanks, which the gmc and stummel aren't that susceptible to because they can out run both.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 06:49:26 pm »

A stummel on two occasions took more than 20 76mm sherman crits before it died. That (yeah its the 5% bug, but still) is...yeah, I think stummels are a TAD too tough. Idk, even ~40-50 less health might do it.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 07:09:36 pm »

Hmmm wasnt able to shoot over hedges Sad
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »

I am liking the GMC, cool unit, it has a very specific niche, but using it to support your team they are great, staying slightly back and pounding infantry. very weak though (you know since it's a HT) would love to see doctrine buffs for it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc