Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:07:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scotty's RE Doctrine Draft  (Read 15522 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 25, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »

Can a dev or mod move this please to the place where its sopposed to go? Thankyou kindly Cheesy

THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS
Many things need to be changed and switched as there wasn’t any organisation to it at the time and the fact it’s a few months old as well. Ill edit it as time goes on.

Ill add all the Doctrine Specs,outlines designs etc as tank said after i have gotten all the doctrine concepts in and are in development status.

I also looked at existing docs to see if I could keep it in-line and balanced with them also.

Things to note about what I was going for when create this:
People generally think of an Engineer company its bristling with Engineers, tanks and fortifications. Now what I’m trying to go for is making sappers more mainstream and all rounds effective as it’s an Engineer company, to make tanks tougher and harder.

Offensive Tree: Highlanders of Scotland

Tier 1x1: Tip of the spear Done
-Ability:
-Description:  
- Sappers, Bren gun carriers and Staurts gain 3.5/2/2 Sight and detection
- Infantry take 10% less damage in negative cover

Tier 1x2: Storm the trenches! Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- When sappers are upgraded with a flamethrower they gain 20% less received accuracy.
- Rifle Grenades 10% extra Damage
- Chruchill MRK 5 and 6, Cromwell, Staghound, Stuart, 10% AOE and 10% accuracy

Tier 1x3: Improved weapons Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- Churchills, Cromwells, Infantry weapons (excluding PIATS) 15% increased damage and 15% penetration. - Moved from defensive tier 4, taken out bonuses for Firefly
- All infantry weapons can now be fired on the move at a reduced Rate of fire and decreased Accucary

Tier 1x4: Charge of the light Brigade Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- All infantry weapons, support weapons etc (Excluding 6 pounder/17 Pounder) have 30% increased ROF
- All infantry gain the 'Charge' (30% less received damage, speed +1, can’t be pinned but can still be suppressed) Lasts 20 secs/300 Sec recharge
- Churchills, Firefly, All LV's gain the "Unstoppable" ability (30% less received penetration +1 speed) Lasts 15 Secs/300 Sec recharge

Mobility and Utility: Engineers

Tier 2x1: Use the cover! Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- Sappers build 20% faster
Light/Green cover gives more protection

Tier 2x2: Veteran Engineers Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- Bofors is now moveable. All emplacements build 30% faster.
- Tanks repair 10% faster and receive 10% less received penetration when repairing.
- Sappers gain +2 mine detection

Tier 2x3: Improved Field Logistics Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- +1 weapon on upgrades(Excluding paits, flamethrowers) CCS gains triage armour and -90 sec cooldown.

Tier 2x4:  (Name Pending)

- Sappers on field increase your pop cap by 4/3/2/2
- Repair sappers repair 10% faster
- Call-ins are decresed by 20%

Defensive: Defenders of Dunkirk

Tier 3x1: Frontline Sappers Done
-Ability:
-Description: Individual Sappers get the same health as an individual Tommie - Moved from offensive tier 2

- Tommies can build fortifications. - Moved from tier 1 Mobility/utility

Tier 3x2: Improved Weapon Sights Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- All infantry, tank, emplacments, ATGs gain 10% increase in weapon range
- All abilities that are limited use abilities gain +1 use (Excluding Canister Shot, )

Tier 3x3: Hunker down! Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- All tanks (excluding stags, Stuarts, Bren carriers) gain the  Hull down ability.
  (-25% recieved damage and penetration recieved on self. -15% accuracy and suppression on infantry in a 10m raduis  )
- Tommies and sappers gain the ability to drop to the floor, decreasing received accuracy and damage.
- All Tanks get 15% decreased penetration - Moved from Mobility/Utility.

Tier 3x4: Hold the Line! Done
-Ability:
-Description:
- Captain FOO cool down MINUS -180 sec/3 mins. New cooldown 540/9mins (Original 720/12 mins)
- Captain and luietenant gain there command aura buffs at level 0
- Support weapons +30 HP
- Weapon Crews +15 HP

Company Assets

Upgrades Done

Tier 1x1: Heavy Equipment
-Ability:
-Description:
- Bofors emplacement and 17 pounder unlocked for purchase

Tier 1x2: Assault Equipment
-Ability:
-Description:
- Tommies can upgrade to carry Thompsons/other suitable high ROF weapon (NOT like the rangers, a lot weaker, better then grease guns) 80-90 Munis
- Sapper’s flamethrower unlocked 75 Munis
- Sappers unlock Demlitions and Clearance kit. Sappers get sweeper se, along with 2x mines and 1 demo charge

Tier 1x3: Expert Field Engineers
-Ability:
-Description:
- Sappers get the repair ability ( Purchasable for 200 Munis may be less)
- Repair to 75% of the original HP value of the vehicle/building.

Off-maps Done

Tier 2x1: Pre-sighted Positions (25 secs)
-Ability:
-Description:
- Reveals Tanks, ATGs, Emplacements.

Tier 2x2:  Precision Artillary
-Ability:
-Description:
- Small area of effect, about 3 to 4 sec delay, will destroy most things in its area.

Tier 2x3: Counter-Attack!
-Ability:
-Description:
- All vehicles repair 100% faster and infantry heal 50% fater (when in range of healing) for 10 - 15 secs

Unit Unlocks Done

Tier 3x1: Infantry support Tanks
-Ability:
-Description:
- Unlocks the Churchill MK 4

Tier 3x2: Fortification Storming
-Ability:
-Description:
- Unlocks the Chruchill AVRE

Tier 3x3: Improved Churchills
-Ability:
-Description:
- Unlocks the Chruchill Crocodile

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:41:52 am by Scotzmen » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:40:13 pm »

Hmmmmm
well there are alot of people that are better at judgeing than me but support equpment is somewhat broken and would be a massive boost to anyone that ran that comp.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:39 pm »

Moved and changed the support equpment. Name is now Expert Field Engineers.

That better?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:27:09 pm by Scotzmen » Logged
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:41 pm »

the defensive t3 not good idea make it maybe just damage, firefly doesnt need increase pen, crom shouldn't either would be ok on croc though...

if you want to do that go play RCA.

but the rest looks good for what you have done.
oh and offensive t4 should drop that to 20% that is heaps.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »

I took out the Firefly, but i feel the cromwell deserves it.

RCA gives 25% accuary and 20%

Mine gives 15% Inc pen and 10% increased damage. If anything, the tier 3 is a little to weak on tanks tbh. 

oh and offensive t4 should drop that to 20% that is heaps.

Pervitin pills gives 30% to accuary and damage for 25 secs. But mine is passive.

So 20% it is.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:25:58 pm by Scotzmen » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:05 am »

i actually quite like this list.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:57 am »

Thankyou Smiley

Nothing that could use a little nerf or buff?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 01:06:36 am »

Charge of the light brigade.

50% on both figures is to much, 30% would be adequate
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 01:16:24 am »

and put it down to +1 speed that is the same as sprint and fire-up
and that should really be an off-map... your kinda going the same way as Perviten Pills there
but for the lv that should be ok just mean u can prob take 1 or 2 more shots from a pak.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

Light Brigade changed to 30% on both.

Speed decreased to +1. I thought fireup and sprint was more, lol, i didnt read the RGD's which i should of.

Ill consider it being an offmap all unit buff, if i can find somethiing better but i kinda like it where it is. And yes come to think of it i am. Ill see what i do about it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 01:45:23 am »

Nice
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:36 am »

I like quite a lot of this, but I'm not sure how people would feel about all infantry being able to retreat to captain. That kind of defeats much of our signature gameplay. Maybe put it on uses? Otherwise you could just keep him in the back and fall back to him everytime you get surpressed. Also, sapper flamers are getting removed, but if they weren't, lol at them hardly receiving any damage Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:05:29 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:26:33 am »

Move up to cover! Isnt possible for infantry. Infantry speed can only be increased by 1 or decreased by one. So either you walk, you jog, or you sprint. No middle grounds.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21:41 am »

The top doctrines can not have unlockable purchases.

Move down the Sapper repair to the bottom T3 upgrade that's currently not being used.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 06:37:43 am »

+15% speed on infantry is not possible. It's either sprint or walk.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 07:03:56 am »

Lol @ 180s FOO recharge T4.
I'd just get 3 captains and cycle a FOO every minute. Ragequits for everyone!
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 01:56:49 pm »

Ill replace the +15% increase in speed with something else.

Moved the Sapper repair unlock to an unlockable T3

And finsihed typing the FOO actual rechearge Tongue. Thanks for spotting that mysth

I like quite a lot of this, but I'm not sure how people would feel about all infantry being able to retreat to captain. That kind of defeats much of our signature gameplay. Maybe put it on uses? Otherwise you could just keep him in the back and fall back to him everytime you get surpressed. Also, sapper flamers are getting removed, but if they weren't, lol at them hardly receiving any damage Cheesy

Its on a 6 min cooldown for every squad. The best your going to get is about 5 uses out of it max in a half an hour game. 10 max in a 1 hour game. And infantry squads don't tend to last that long. Ill see about it being a use, if anyone else believes so.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:22 pm »

Retreat to captain makes blobbing extremely powerful and should not be implemented. It makes mgs completely useless, which are supposed to be effective vs blobs. One should be punished for getting into stupid situations that make retreat to captain useful. The only proper use I see for it is to reinforce your captains position. Remove the targeting on suppressed/pinned squads. That way it can be used for fast reinforcement for offensive and defensive purposes.

Getting an extra man for sappers as a t1 seems quite OP, it looks like you intend to phase out tommies altogether. Giving sappers an extra man is fine, but with flamethrowers you significantly increase its potency. Giving sappers a buff using flamethrowers will make the company flame sapper spam. There will be no point using the tommy bren when you can have it on wheels for less pop cap.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »

The Retreat to Officer ability, regardless of what cooldown or usability it has, it extremely potent in the attrition-based EiR environment, and in my opinion is a little too useful, it allows you to perform a maneouver that takes only one click to save an entire platoon of infantry and allow them to fight at a later time, something no other doctrine can do. It really doesn't fit with EiR.

Other than that, I really like the rest the tree.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »

I think the idea here is to make Sappers quasi-mainline infantry for the Engineers... 4 Men or 5, they still wont be able to do the buttoning and indirect fire tasks that Tommies can, and they are still pool draining.

As long as that retreat to officer is on a huge timer, it could be manageable, but I'm sceptical.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc