Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:23:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WE] Puma vs M8  (Read 25540 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »

But the thing is, allied armour isnt superior. It requires less micro for that tiger to be efficecent then that firefly to be effiecent, but i admit its a good tank.

I still believe that a few doctrinal buffs for puma and AC, thats fine, some doc's already have some buffs for them though. But if they get buffs I believe another allied unit equivelent should get buff outside of armour doctrine as they have enough buffs for that.

It is though in its category.

Allied LVs are superior.

Allied Medium Tanks are Superior (includes Churchill VI) and in some cases cheaper.

Allied Heavy Tanks are just as efficient for their cost as Axis (Pershing/Tiger/Church Croc)

Allied TD's are superior to Axis, the M10 is an amazingly good unit.

Add in Doctrine abilities from the Armor Doctrine/RE/RCA and it gets retarded.

The Sherman Jumbo is somewhat unique, sort of like a tougher Churchill MKVI. With TR it becomes a great medium tank killer as well.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »

It is though in its category.

Allied LVs are superior.

Allied Medium Tanks are Superior (includes Churchill VI) and in some cases cheaper.

Allied Heavy Tanks are just as efficient for their cost as Axis (Pershing/Tiger/Church Croc)

Allied TD's are superior to Axis, the M10 is an amazingly good unit.

well u cant just say superior. They have their roles.
M10 isnt really all that. If u keep a good defense and stop m10 from circling. They are super weak tanks. And shreks eat them up. Even rifle nades can kill that or m18.

Not sure how LVs are superior. I like Maraders. ATG on wheels. Ostwind owns any infantry at medium to close range.
Axis front armor on some of the "lesser" tanks other than Tigers or KT are super tough and bounce off m10 frontal m10 shots.

Oh ya fuck jagdtiger. Not sure why the devs even put that in the game.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2011, 09:21:13 pm »

M10 has same HP as STuG, a better gun, and better mobility, not to mention a turret.

On topic of LVs, allied LV's are generally great AI, with decent AT abilities. That dual purpose and utility makes them much better than a single purpose LV that has similar cost.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 12:14:31 am »

well u cant just say superior. They have their roles.
M10 isnt really all that. If u keep a good defense and stop m10 from circling. They are super weak tanks. And shreks eat them up. Even rifle nades can kill that or m18.

Not sure how LVs are superior. I like Maraders. ATG on wheels. Ostwind owns any infantry at medium to close range.
Axis front armor on some of the "lesser" tanks other than Tigers or KT are super tough and bounce off m10 frontal m10 shots.

Oh ya fuck jagdtiger. Not sure why the devs even put that in the game.

hmm,why havent I remembred to counter m10 with rifle nades Roll Eyes
marder and ostwind are lv's?

as u say for m10...same thing with tiger and kt,if u keep good defense,wall of atg's etc they are very weak Roll Eyes
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 02:49:53 am »

Rifle Grenades kill tanks now? Fuck, obviously I missed that part of the update...

And a Marder is a LV? No. It's a tank destroyer. It even uses the Armour pool. Ostwind, is a medium tank.

And you have played against a Jagdtiger like once, I was there when you did, and you were trying to kill it with bazookas, it really isn't all that great if you know how to counter it properly.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
BigDick
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 06:10:02 am »

isnt ostwind a bit slow for lv?

its a slow lightvehicle than  Grin

Give Ostwind PIV armour... And watch as Zooks, AT Rifles, and all LV's become borderline useless against it.

if you would give ostwind P4 armor zooks would do 60% more damage actually

but back on topic:

no one really needs the puma, if you want a light vehicle to kill infantry you use the ostwind (even when its slow and more expensive but at least it kills something)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 06:15:35 am »

I've always seen the 20mm Puma as the hard counter to RR's tbh. The phase armour makes them a bugger to hit, and you use a pair of Pumas to tear up the RR's.

Perhaps they will find their niche again once Airborne is back in fully.

Oh, and 60% more damage, but a whole lot less penetration.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 06:18:21 am »

Meh... Pumas once had thier place. But i doubt they will be back for a while

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
BigDick
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 06:21:02 am »

penetration is still almost 50% (probably the most are not used to see P4s at all or P4s used against infantry without skirts)

but im not saying that ostwind needs P4 armor or something and topic is more about the useless pumas that suck nuts  Grin

and according special use of pumas against airbornes
the puma does shit against units in cover

i wouldn't fight pumas with airbornes alone (thats like fighting shermans with P4s) but i would not use pumas to fight airbornes either
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:53 am »

Pair of Puma's, backed up with a hard AT piece and you've an effective AB hunting platform going on. Lure the RR's away with a tasty looking Tiger or other high value armoured target, then swoop the Puma's in to tear them up before help arrives.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 06:40:20 am »

Assuming a flotilla of M10s isnt right outside of your sight range Tongue

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2011, 07:09:50 am »

The m8 does what a 2cm and a up gun puma do combined imo, and i think that is whats bugging ppl, 1 m8=less micro 2 pumas that have diff roles= more micro. But tbh imo 1 upgun puna win vs 1 m8.

Further, i agree with hicks pumas rape ab, as soon as i see one i run like a baby to cower behind my atgs

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:55 am »

The m8 does what a 2cm and a up gun puma do combined imo, and i think that is whats bugging ppl, 1 m8=less micro 2 pumas that have diff roles= more micro. But tbh imo 1 upgun puna win vs 1 m8.

Further, i agree with hicks pumas rape ab, as soon as i see one i run like a baby to cower behind my atgs

And the prices and pop are done accordingly.

Heres the Real issue....

M-8 gets Buffs, Puma gets almost none in any teir, none specific to it, it gets no love, Its forgotten much like the ostwind and Stuh. 

No direct buffs means not a whole lot of fun for the unit.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2011, 11:34:09 am »

I think if they get doctrine buffs, slight changes to their pop/price and things will be good, and i think while they are at it, ostwind and stuh need the same doctrine love as said, i wonder if there are other units that haven't gotten love in the other factions?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »

Well i must say this discussion has fulled my urge to try out a coy based on axis LV, just it got fulled during the Gwagon debate best way to find out if ppl know what they talkin about ^^
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:59 am »

EDIT: will just post link so it hopefully won't get removed!
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/memes-he-owns-a-horse.jpg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:47:27 am by spinn72 » Logged
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 04:49:06 am »

Well i must say this discussion has fulled my urge to try out a coy based on axis LV, just it got fulled during the Gwagon debate best way to find out if ppl know what they talkin about ^^

Vanilla Puma just need its gun buffed. Gwagon is actually quite powerful. I've no idea why people say Gwagon sucks.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:55 am »

Okay. Pumas are like throwing a 12 sided dice and hoping it will land on 13...

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:52 am »

Acctually tbh bee playing some games, and the 50 mm puma sucks ballz, it is by far the worst investment i ever did, the 2 cm on the other hand WOW that thing is amazing, reduced the pool value and mp abit but sure, it even does pretty mean dmg to stags tbh!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:43 am »

yeah normal puma vs commandos is a super joke, i think that's the only infantry i've truly had problems with, it's about as bad at killing units as the flame ht.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc