Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 09, 2024, 02:26:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Add back repair bunkers, make repair kits smaller, kill spawn buff  (Read 4768 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 29, 2011, 09:46:45 am »

Even with introduction of warmap, which we all are *expecting* to at least change something about how happens ingame post-launcher, EIRR could use more depth. We have new depth that we have introduced with more units and doctrines, but at the same time the dev team seems oblivious to maintaining and adding good mechanics. If the latter was untrue, the state of R/ME+ mode vs A/D wouldn't be in such a state of disrepair, nor would the very minor addition "news section" be so extremely delayed.

What's game depth, what am I even saying, what am I thinking of? Well I'm thinking of mechanics that make the game be bigger than unit A charges from spawn attacks unit B charging from spawn. Here's some old and new ideas which I think would help deepen the EIRR experience:

I wish we could buy some smaller increments of repair kits so tank repair wouldn't be so extremely predictable. I also want repair buildings back because it added to the game's depth. I also want spawn buff nerfed or removed completely post 10 minutes, because it's abused a lot. It's supposed to protect, but its also able to be used offensively. (Abuse of mechanic intention)

Right now there's almost zero metagame revolving around killing repairing tanks and mobile arty for 2 reasons:

1. Spawn buff is too powerful post early-game
2. Spawn allows them to slip away anyways, at best you force it away with major casualties on both sides
3. Tanks are predictable, once you know their repairs are spent you dont usually need to chase it down

4. Spawn buff heavily skews the engagement in favor of the "Protector" (guy who tries to protect asset unit) against the "Finisher" (Guy who attempts to finish off dangerous enemy assert) for no sensible reason at all.

When we had repair bunkers (a good mechanic) tanks would have a integral support system that others players could target to the detriment of the axis armor. You'd have operations to take them out, which was tactically enjoyable for both sides. This could be applied to all sides. We already have gameplay related to it; taking out sites like 88s, support scout cars and triages are huge in the attrition war. This is bright and shining examples of eirr gameplay that should be expanded.

All parts of the map should be important and artificial bonuses like the spawn buff past 1st platoon deployment makes no sense and ruins the usage of the backfields of the map. How often do you see conflict over objectives OTHER than map control (backcappers) in the back of the map? Not very often. Adding in more support mechanics for opposing team to target wil make the EIRR game better.

I wish the following changes could be added to next patch:

A.
Introduction of weak, slow repairing universally equal repair "bunker" type of building for all sides (to test how it affect the game). For british we have the command trucks to station engineers from.  PE could just use one of their kampfgruppe buildings. Americans could use the tank depot, and wehr could use a bunker. Obviously this is not a perfect solution but it's a easy way to re-introduce the mechanic.

B.  
In addition the spawn buff should be REMOVED past 10 minutes. Even in a 4v4 R+ game, by 10 minutes every player is deployed. It caters to deplorable gameplay and ruins flanking and strategy beyond this point.
 Bb (alternatively)  
Remove the offensive buffs that spawn buffs confer, or perhaps nerf their offensive capability to be less than normal during the duration of the spawn buff immortarily. They should not be temporary supermen foiling a caculcated attack.

C.
Split repair kits up into three uses, same amount. Right now tanks are way too predictable. You know its out of combat for 2-3 minutes when it goes to repair. It takes no planning or skill to just drive it to spawn and repair, while getting off a quicker repair in the field is more demanding.

You might ask, how will shorter repair kit durations help make attacks on repairing tanks more feasible? Well, firstly, its not going to be such a all-or-nothing thing, with a defenseless piece of armor (for most docs) vs a risk-taking AT unit. With the removal of spawn buff a single immortal 57mm will not be able to fend off a heat round stug + mp44s targeting a spawn-hiding calliope or repairing pershing. It will be less risky to attempt it, thus encouraging it.  By adding in the repair buildings once we find a "ideal" price for it and "rate of repair", combining this with smaller repair increments, it will be harder for the enemy to know how much repair one tank has available or has spent, thus making it a priority to attack tanks repairing and take them out as early as poissible.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:18:57 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:53:42 am »

I miss axis repair bunker,   allies still got triage........ i totaly see rep bunker in some wehr doctrine.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:55:13 am »

B. 
In addition the spawn buff should be REMOVED past 10 minutes. Even in a 4v4 R+ game, by 10 minutes every player is deployed. It caters to deplorable gameplay and ruins flanking and strategy beyond this point.
Sword of stomping indeed tbh

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:55:21 am »

you should make the repair feature have a set amount it can repair, and u can toggle the repair to last so long. that way u can choose how long it repairs for, but the amount repaired wont be abused.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

Updated original post, lackeys and henchmen, gather round me and support this enjoyable change.!
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:00:30 am »

Removing spawn buff is a big no-no.

David will ejaculate every game.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:03:20 am »

sounds good

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:30 am »

rofl no spawn buff would be so hilarious....... i can see all the rage ingame , myself included.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 10:19:15 am »

Updated OP again, please consider alternative spawn buff change.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

I agree with Bb part, I think that sound like the most applicable and useful part so far.   

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:42 am »

Tbf, this calls for me to use this for the first time in aprox 4 years (Wags being my old NF name):

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 10:43:29 am »

Wait spawn buff gets activated if you are near it? I thought i was only for a short period affecting units that were JUST called on, not like a tank goes back to spawn and gets spawn buffs??
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44:25 am »

Wait spawn buff gets activated if you are near it? I thought i was only for a short period affecting units that were JUST called on, not like a tank goes back to spawn and gets spawn buffs??

lol nub
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 10:53:09 am »

Spawn buff is retaaaaaaarded. Remove pl0x.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:21 am »

ninja storms raping support weapons on spawn FTW
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

ninja storms raping support weapons on spawn FTW

can you try to not ruin the idea with your trolling

the dum dums will read this and think: "no! must n0t happ3n!"

if you think more than one nanosecond about it, "wait, whats the tradeoff of stormies hiding outside allied spawn at all times"
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:43 am »

The solution to that would be to have the spawn reveal cloaked enemy units within such and such range.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 11:10:49 am »

I miss axis repair bunker,   allies still got triage........ i totaly see rep bunker in some wehr doctrine.

this is so fail right here lol.

anyways, i agree, after 10 minutes spawn buff should be defensive only on the units. when i first read it, i was like, thats stupid you need spawn buff! but your idea would work great!

i truly miss repair bunkers! nothing beat deploying out to take down your enemies repair bunkers, made satchel charges and demo charges incredibly useful.

I think if we add them back in, I think every army should have something unique. as in some repair bunkers are mobile, repair at different rates, have different health types and armors, but that is something that we could get into later. also doctrines can buff said repair units which would be cool!

repair kit idea seems cool, but im not sure how i feel about repair kits and repair bunkers, ill have to think about this more and see other peoples opinions.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc