Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:16:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 16697 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »

Yes but a FPS can only go so far. Even Fallout 3 with it's million dollar budget is extremely small. PZ is simple and that's what makes it great. Anyone can create mods for it. You can still aim and make headshots and use iron sights in games with other player perspectives. Graphics mean nothing if the game is shit. Dead Island is a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRo39P31I

I guess I'll have to give PZ a deeper look then.

And I agree about Dead Island. I am very disappointed in what the game looks like at this point, they kept telling us survival horror, and it just looks like a action zombie game.

http://kotaku.com/5829491/five-disappointing-things-about-my-first-few-hours-on-dead-island
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:21:01 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »

Dead Rising is a good survival horror.

TROLOLOLOLO

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »

*had to rewrite this a few times*

Bethesda is a very good company as well. Fallout series definitely are some of the very best RPGs made.

The bad guys and bosses of Morrowind were pretty dissapointing though. The "spam spell button" to "learn" was annoying.

I remember that Morrowind (Elder scrolls?) game about the reborn Nerevar, last boss was a ash vampire with a voodoo mask that just ran towards you once you crept down the volcano or what it was? No speech, no voice, no nothing. A few sword bashes and he was dead.

But the arrogance, indifference, followed by anger and grief of John Irenicus in Baldurs Gate?
Now that was a great adversary, a character who felt like he had his own plans and weren't just a puppet storytelling mechanic. His loved one's turned against him, a outcast of his immortal people being chased down by the spurned offspring of a evil god. A finale to the series including being given the choice to destroy the divine essence of his father gathered through the killing of his siblings, take it for himself or through game choices having a option to purify it to essentially become a deity of the good domain?

Now that's some dramatic-classical shit. Over the course of two games and the two expansions you went from D&D level 1 to the epic 20 levels. Wars happened around you, friends were sacrificed and the whole society your story took place in was touched and changed.

I literally CRIED when I finished BGII:TOB. Big fat man-tears.

I cried because I knew that I would never play the game with the same intense feeling, it would never be completely new and secretive. I would never adventure with Boo & Minsc again. A few of the BG series companion NPCs had depth that even Mass Effect and Fallout with all its budget could not match. They weren't afraid to be crazy or funny, but the grip they had on storytelling meant they could go from humorous to tragic in seconds without it seeming abnormal or forced.

Not to say Bioware is perfect. But the BG series came pretty close to it, and remains a monument to their skill at creating a RPG.
+1 fucking million.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »

TROLOLOLOLO

Thank god you put a trolollolo.
I signed up to the Silent Hill 6 page on Facebook.. I'm regretting it so much, they keep posting updates and it makes me want it now!
On survivhor notes, Resident Evil 2/SH 2. End of story!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 09:57:17 pm »

On survivhor notes, Resident Evil 2/SH 2. End of story!

Res 3 was my favourite

Heard good things about dead island. Although the inevitable mainstream fast zombies + immunity + lots of guns = not very horrifing. Had more panic with Project Zomboid, never knowing if i was infected lol possibly ending up surrounded by 100's of slow moving zombies

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 10:05:53 pm »

Res 3 was my favourite

RE3 was my favourite too. Nothing scarier than when you first step into Racoon Police Department. After having played all of them, RE3's flaws really stood out. If you played in chronological order, you could see that 3 was something that was chucked together in a few seconds, as it contains so much reused content from 2! 2 provided the greatest depth (4 different storylines, tofu, hunk and other scenarios.. hello?!) and difficulty. 1 provided the most "horror". The mansion really had an eerie feel to it and you the notes were downright frightening, which was continued in code veronica.

If you liked Res 3, get the HD collection of 4 and Veronica when it comes out for Veronica alone!
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »

LOLNO, but it's fun as fuck.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:05 pm »

I'm getting Dead Island now.. woo
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 05:34:46 am »

LOLNO, but it's fun as fuck.

Hence the TROLOLOLO part.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 05:54:35 am »

let's not go off-topic... ah whatever, diablo 3 isn't gonna be released for over a year.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

let's not go off-topic... ah whatever, diablo 3 isn't gonna be released for over a year.

exactly. anyone would be crazy to think this thread will stay on topic for a year.

RE2 was my favorite because it was the first one I played, and I played the FUCK out of that game. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought the first one, the first is much more scary I agree, but 2 was just so well put together and the weapons you could make were cool.

My favorite part of RE2 is in the beginning like the first 2 minutes where you go into the gun shop

http://youtu.be/ikhI_rC3tgY?t=36s

The "stop im a human" gesture leon makes always cracked me up.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 11:04:16 am »

Favourite RE game by far is the remake of RE 1 that they released for the Game Cube.

However, it is VERY closely followed by RE 2.

RE 4 and 5 disappoint me by being action games rather than survival horror. They have good game play, but it's not RE game play in my opinion.

RE 3 is a bit meh, it's not terrible, but I've never gone out of my way to complete it fully. I wouldn't mind going through Code Veronica fully simply because I'm curious of the story behind it. Shamefully I lost the disc for it, which gutted me. T_T

Can't comment on other RE games though on the grounds of not playing them.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc