Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:36:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchasing new squad members  (Read 2858 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: August 21, 2011, 07:09:35 am »

An idea for post-warmup vetted units, why not be able to pick and choose from a bevy of different individuals to add to your squad (only one at a time) to add a miniscule increase to stats.

U.S.

Weapons Expert - Adds a Carbine-armed Engineer to the selected squad. If that squad happens to be holding handhend AT, it will have 10% reduced scatter and an additional 10% accuracy.

Corporal - Adds a Garand-armed Rifleman to the selected squad. The squad can cap slightly faster.

Sergeant - Adds a Garand-armed Ranger to the selected squad. The squad's suppression threshold is raised and suppression recovery time reduced.

Lieutenant - Adds a Carbine-armed American Officer to the selected squad. Any Carbines or Garands in the squad will receive .5 long range accuracy, and the squad gains an additional use of 'Grenades' if they are selected.

WM

Training Feldwebel (Training Field Sergeant) - Adds a Volk K98k-armed Grenadier to the selected squad. Squad runs .5 faster.

Unteroffizier (Underofficer/Corporal) - Adds a Grenadier K98k-armed Pioneer to the selected squad. If the squad has Grenades selected, they will be replaced by Incendiary Grenades.

Feldwebel (Field Sergeant) - Adds a Leader MP44-armed Stormtrooper to the selected squad. The squad will receive .5 mid range accuracy when in Light or Negative cover.

Leutant (Lieutenant) - Adds a Volk MP40-armed Officer (reskinned stormtrooper) to the squad, the squad's suppression recovery time will be reduced and the suppression of all weapons in the squad will be increased.

_________________--

Bit of a quick durrr makeup, costs would ofc have to be balanced. I dunno, just the "little something extra" to give your veteran squads a niche without making them outrageously OP.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:00 am »

are those guys looking like rifleman as an example or do they get officer model and skin?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:54:32 am »

Please don't encourage him

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:56:54 am »

Ninja Officer
- When purchased to your company, launcher sounds are disabled (the ninja assasinates sound waves)

About the thread: I like the ideas but I doubt it will be put in.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:00:44 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:09 am »

Ninja Officer
- When purchased to your company, launcher sounds are disabled (the ninja assasinates sound waves)

About the thread: I like the ideas but I doubt it will be put in.

i like ninja officers
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:19:27 am »

Thx for being constructive guys, really helps the mod progress.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:32:35 am »

If carefully balanced I could see it working without breaking the current gameplay.

My only issue is, how are you going to know specifically what extra members a squad has? Or will each member be tied to a certain level of veterancy, such as gaining a Corporal at vet 2 (for example)?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:35:27 am »

This could possibly be a warmap idea, where you get a "junior officer" to tie to a particular squad for the stat boosts.

This would lead the higher ranked officers to stay just the way they are in the game.

We are trying to avoid "feature creep" atm because we have so many ideas and only EIRRmod to code them, but ill put this on the list for discussion.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:37:14 am »

Tbh, there's nothing wrong with getting a big pool of cool ideas as long as they get labelled 'Optional' and the core work continues unhindered.

Just erm, don't completely forget about them. :p
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 08:38:35 am »

Tbh, there's nothing wrong with getting a big pool of cool ideas as long as they get labelled 'Optional' and the core work continues unhindered.

Just erm, don't completely forget about them. :p

It's not a matter of limiting cool ideas. (every feature we implement makes players pick up our mod that much easier)

It's just a matter of keeping a relatively stable timeline of implementation and one coder to do it all. Smiley

All of these little ideas that help you customize your army is just what we need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc