Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger  (Read 8227 times)
barmal
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:00:54 am »

Hello, i know i'm a new player and all but i wanted to talk about this. I've played some games with the tiger ( i played with mostly all other tanks and vehs already) and tiger just does not feel its worth its price.
I mean , it dies so fast i cannot practicaly do anything with it and after its dead the cost is so high i can have like a p4 only. Other allied tanks outrange me, atgs kills me so fast, its only good vs inf and then again it misses vs them like crazy.
Is it only me ?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:03:57 am »

i say, learn how to use it

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:33 am »

srsly hans remove that falcons of frankfurt badge.
u don't have a clue what it means.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:13:26 am »

Stop before you shoot to get proper accuracy, focus on killing infantry, back it up with stormswithschrecks, scout with mp44 storm or something else, if you see counters to your tiger (atgwall, firefly) go away. Do like me and u can maybe get 2200 xp tiger, or do like most of the noobs and rush Tiger right into the enemy line and let it die.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
barmal
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:48 am »

Stop before you shoot to get proper accuracy, focus on killing infantry, back it up with stormswithschrecks, scout with mp44 storm or something else, if you see counters to your tiger (atgwall, firefly) go away. Do like me and u can maybe get 2200 xp tiger, or do like most of the noobs and rush Tiger right into the enemy line and let it die.

Ok that makes sense but i did not expect that when you buy tiger you also have to buy storms with schrecks and mp44.

For example when i bought a panther i expected it to be a great AT and a good inf killer and i was not wrong. I could hunt down tanks , bounce shots and it felt ok.

With Tiger i expected also a good AT and a good inf killer but to my surprise i couldn't do with it anything like i could do with a panther.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:56 am »

Tigers kinda crap. One of the only ways is by just spamming volks and assault around it even then it fails. Tiger, well, in short it is one of the shitiest vehicle due to its cost and its slow speed. Ultimately Storms vs Tiger is the best anti tank counter when it comes to that, however it still lacks vs the most evident enemy. The 57 and 6Pdr. Even Firefly loves your tigers and I love fighting vs tiger companies because they are more or less reliable due to certain key units that surround the Tiger.

For example.

Sniper + Tiger. The Sniper is the key unit for Tiger's success. Removing the Sniper means the Tiger turns to death weight due to lack of Anti tank gun counters.

Support Weapons + Tiger. Ultimately this does not work offensively therefore making the company static and vulnerable to snipers and artillery. Especially RCA and Infantry with Arty heavy loves to bombard those lines. The key unit in support blob is the Mortar, Once it is gone the support weapon creep is gone due to inability to deal with the key enemy.

Infantry + Tiger. Infantry army swarming around the Tiger like zerglings around the hivemind would work if the infantry is armed versus suppression tools such as keep it moving with smoke and assault. Due to massive pop cost even THIS support will remain very very minimal.

Storms + Tiger. While this sounds reliable and looks tough to deal with. After trying it couple of times it has success rate of 50%. After the first ambush the enemy will know that it is there. With very carefully planned micro and strategy one might pull this off but use of Keep it moving is required. However the battlefield is messy and a single bar squad can get rid of those unwanted storms while the supporting 57mm keeps the tiger at bay. The Key unit in this is the Storms. This company is heavy munition wise and it is healthy as Tiger requires less muni than any other vehicle. However Storms are the key unit in this build, ultimately a jeep and a BAR/MG/Suppression tool will be the problem. The key enemy unit still remains as an issue. Was it blown away it might be fiftyfifty chance for the Storm squad to get away after the unloaded cargo. Risky strategy.

Therefore I don' know how to make Tigers from vulnerable to strong one.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:44:34 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:09 am »

The Tiger is a high risk - high reward unit.

If you use it well, a single Tiger can hand the entire game on a plate to you. If you use it poorly, it will more than likely lose that game for you.

Choose your engagements carefully, you don't have to engage every potential target you see. Just because it CAN take a pounding, doesn't mean you have to run up to every lonely ATG you see and take it on by yourself.

In fact, avoid ATG's like the plague, keep your distance from Riflemen as a sticky will make your Tiger more or less combat ineffective in one hit. Keep a secondary AT piece hovering nearby it at all times, while Storm Shrecks are a very nice choice, they are expensive and require a doctrine unlock. Grenadiers with a single Shreck do quite well, and a Pak can also work if you keep the enemy in front of you.

Keeping a HMG or a Sniper nearby means you can either bait infantry with your sniper, or suppress them first with the HMG and let the Tiger eat them in more than likely 2 shots maximum (3 if the squad happens to be spread out). A sniper also has the added benefit of being able to pick off those pesky ATG's for you.

Also, if you want Tigers to be truly effective, get the bottom T3, Panzer Aces. This unlock is a god-send as you can increase the turret rotation of the Tiger which is notoriously poor.

Finally, the only Allied armour you need to actively be mindful of are Fireflies kept at long range, Pershings and multiple M10's/M18's. Everything else is rather tasty.

With all of these tactics in mind, remember one thing - Do not play defensively. The Tiger is no use to you if it's held back all the time, use the combined arms to be constantly pushing and putting pressure on your opponent.

TL;DR version - The Tiger is as good as it's support.

Oh, and ignore NightRain, he just sucks with Tigers as they don't fit to his play-style at all. Instead of admitting this he bitches about the tank instead. -.-'

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:31 am »

tiger r shitty tank ,they get take damge from  all allied vehicles including light tanks ,and pershing with HAVP r too much to handle for tiger it will kill u so fast that u won't even get time to reatreat  Wink

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:05 am »

Nug in disguise tbh.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 10:17:07 am »

tiger r shitty tank ,they get take damge from  all allied vehicles including light tanks

Let's look at this from frontal armour, as any tank or vehicle that gets on your arse with atleast a 37mm gun is going to do damage in CoH.

Cromwell - Virtually harmless.
Stuart - Virtually harmless.
Greyhound - Virtually harmless.
75mm Sherman - Virtually harmless.
76mm Sherman - Will be lucky if it takes a third of your health before it's scrap.
Churchill - Virtually harmless.
M10 - Only a 40% chance to penetrate the front of your armour, if it comes at you alone, it's dead.
M18 - See M10 but even worse, could only be a problem if it kites you due to it's sight range, but it'll annoy you more than damage you at long range.
Firefly - An actual threat.
Tetrarch - Harmless without LJ Adaptor, with the LJ Adaptor, it requires at least 3 to take you down.
Pershing - Without HVAP you'll kick the shit out of it every time as it only has 50% chance to penetrate you from the front. Less with range.
Staghound - Virtually harmless.

That means that only the Pershing, Firefly and M10 are competent threats, the M10 requiring to be in pairs to be truly effective, or a spotter for sniping. Tetrarches are a viable option in swarms, which becomes costly quickly.

pershing with HAVP r too much to handle for tiger it will kill u so fast that u won't even get time to reatreat  Wink

Actually, with HVAP the fight can go either way if terrain comes into play, as the Tiger still has a 70% chance to penetrate the Pershing. Also, this is a single doctrine choice out of a total of 9 T4's in the US arsenal. You should avoid HVAP Pershings on principle.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:21 am »

can someone give me a tiger account so i can post replays on how to use this unit.

i cba to grind to lvl 7.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:21:14 am »

if you got multiple ff's or m10s coming at you drop commander to give +turret rotation and fire rate (if you got that doctrine) and back up to allied at

if you dont have any allied at on the field, then you both are fucking idiots and its your fault as this is a team game.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:41:40 am »

can someone give me a tiger account so i can post replays on how to use this unit.

i cba to grind to lvl 7.

Why did you delete ARareSpeciesOfFlowers?
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:31 am »

Why did you delete ARareSpeciesOfFlowers?

shit name was looking shit on my login screen.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:31 am »

srsly hans remove that falcons of frankfurt badge.
u don't have a clue what it means.

+1, as I have tried to hint to you about 5 times Roll Eyes

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:40 am »

So aggressive against a meager sig
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:04 am »

You can compare it to a civilian wearing a military rank which he did not earn (though the difference is that this is illegal IRL, a sig is not)

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:31 am »

I have a tiger account deadbolt, but i'm afraid you'd grief all my vet Tongue

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:31 am »

Too bad I deleted my 900+xp Tigers. Time to vet some more I guess.

Tym, eventually you will have to play vs  someone good.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:34 am »

Too bad I deleted my 900+xp Tigers. Time to vet some more I guess.

Tym, eventually you will have to play vs  someone good.

+1 and stop whoring veterancy Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc