Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 02:16:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] WWI Veterans.  (Read 6028 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: August 26, 2011, 10:01:38 am »

Just plonking it up as an actual thread as I've suggested this before.

A toggle ability for Tommies to become either immobile or extremely slow (Speed of 1 or 2) but dramatically increase RoF with extremely harsh accuracy nerfs if the squad moves (If it can) during the ability.

I'd say sustained fire could suppress but that would definitely take the piss, so more than likely not.

Have a delay before the RoF increases while the squad prepare their positions so you can't just run in point blank and pop it. The ability would have to disengage instantly upon clicking or the squad would be crush-food, and no other squad in the game suffers from that without being suppressed beforehand.

This'd be ideal as either a doctrine unlock or a cheap mu purchasable upgrade for all doctrines.

Back-story to this, is that during WWI, British Soldiers were trained to such a rigour with their Enfield's that they could be pushed to fire at a rate of 1 round every 2 seconds. A squad of 6-10 guys doing this could effectively simulate MG bursts.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:17:36 am »

i like, more flavor to crappy lee enfields
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:21:22 am »

Already had this idea when I did my Royal Engineers draft, called it Plant Feet:
-Become immobile, gain +20% accuracy, -20% cooldown
-Cannot be supressed

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:01 am »

Already had this idea when I did my Royal Engineers draft, called it Plant Feet:
-Become immobile, gain +20% accuracy, -20% cooldown
-Cannot be supressed

what happened to it? wouldn't RCA be good since it kinda focuses on unupgraded tommies? could be added to that top T4, which is really lacking (unless you blob a bunch of brens with lt)

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:26:04 am »

We didn't use my draft because we already had one.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

Remember when Salan did Fall of France? Yah, this idea got implemented in the form of Fire Support Tommies. 4 Man squad that could hold position and seriously kick up their RoF. Worked out pretty damned well actually, if you could get them to a good spot, they'd do some nice damage. They still were just Tommies though.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:59:28 am »

WWI veterans?

I dont really want some 50 year old farts in my company...
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 10:59:54 am »

WWI veterans?

I dont really want some 50 year old farts in my company...

rofl

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 11:08:21 am »

If it troubles you that much, assume the WWI Veterans simply trained the new guys as rigorously as they were, rather than partaking in combat themselves.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:27 am »

A toggle ability for Tommies to become either immobile or extremely slow (Speed of 1 or 2) but dramatically increase RoF with extremely harsh accuracy nerfs if the squad moves (If it can) during the ability.

I'd say sustained fire could suppress but that would definitely take the piss, so more than likely not.

Have a delay before the RoF increases while the squad prepare their positions so you can't just run in point blank and pop it. The ability would have to disengage instantly upon clicking or the squad would be crush-food, and no other squad in the game suffers from that without being suppressed beforehand.

This'd be ideal as either a doctrine unlock or a cheap mu purchasable upgrade for all doctrines.

Back-story to this, is that during WWI, British Soldiers were trained to such a rigour with their Enfield's that they could be pushed to fire at a rate of 1 round every 2 seconds. A squad of 6-10 guys doing this could effectively simulate MG bursts.

so... if we were to use the logic ^ than i guess the werhmacht infantry should ALL get blitzkrieg assault or sprint becuase that was thier tactic that took over most os europe?

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 11:18:09 am »

Ahh Rifle, your selective reading amuses me to no end.

Not something to be given out to everybody for free.

Also, the back story was for the idea to make some degree of sense - If it puts your panties in a bunch that much, then ignore the back story and look at the idea alone.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 11:43:44 am »

I like it Hicks. I think you give some good suggestions. A example to the community in both politeness and the ability to be concise.

Inventive and truly original infantry abilities is something we've seen very little of during development of eirr. Most stuff is centered around already developed vCOH stuff like sprint, cloak, assault and FTFL/blitz/Inspired assault. Other stuff is just passive bonuses.

It would have to be given some thought on what the actual bonuses should be though. It should not be beneficial to always pop it. Then it might as well be a passive buff. It should have a downside, a upside, a specialization and be limited somehow.

One problem I immediatly see is how deactivating it would cause infantry to be crushed by tanks very easily or at least hinder their escape to some degree.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 11:58:11 am »

Thank ya Smokaz.

But straight to the point, deactivating it would be instantaneous, so the infantry is free to move at full speed (Or move altogether) as soon as the button is pressed. It's turning it ON that has the wait time for the increased rate of fire to kick in.

The button can be pressed on and off as much as you please, the infantry will stop and start again as quick as you press it - But you'll have to wait those 2-3 seconds if you want your increased RoF bonus.

You want another unique infantry idea? Hows about any infantry with an AT upgrade deal damage to tanks if they are crushed. Running over and detonating an AT grenade, Sticky bomb, Zook, Shreck round, etc, cant be particularly healthy. :p

Also, the downside is that your stuck in place or going at a very slow pace. Popping it when you need to disengage would be ill-advised. Not all disadvantages or advantages have to be shown in pure numerical statistics.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:49 pm »

I think there should be at least a "short" cooldown for this ability. Not just you turn it on and off when you want
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 12:03:21 pm »

But you'll have to wait those 2-3 seconds if you want your increased RoF bonus.

There's your cooldown. The ability can be turned on and off at will, but the bonus doesn't apply unless the ability has been active for 2-3 seconds.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 01:06:13 pm »

so basically suppressive fire for brits

bad idea

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »

You see Marda, this is why you should read a post in it's entirety, rather than just the parts you WANT to read.

I'm well aware suppression on this ability would be a very bad idea. The capacity for it to maintain suppression on an already suppressed target? Perhaps. But flat out BAR-style suppression would be game breaking on a such a widely available ability.

The idea is not to increase suppression, but to increase DPS at the cost of mobility.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:18 pm »

When you shoot every 2 seconds (even when you stand still) the accuracy goes down very rapidly. So i though it would be able to suppressive fire to do something useful...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:28:59 pm by marda145 » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 01:30:45 pm »

First off, I said a dramatic increase. The firing every two seconds is simply from the back story, and not a definitive number due to balance reasons. The final number is still in the air, but 1 round per 2 seconds would not be incredibly broken unless you were silly enough to go to close range with said squad. However, any assault squad would still maul them, even with the increased RoF.

Secondly, why would accuracy go down if they have took the time to set up their position? While the RoF does go up, it's still standard Enfield accuracy at play.

This is why assumptions are bad Marda. Ask rather than assume - That's how a lot of current idea threads go tits up in EiRR, people are too fast to make assumptions rather than inquires.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 02:51:34 pm »

You want another unique infantry idea? Hows about any infantry with an AT upgrade deal damage to tanks if they are crushed. Running over and detonating an AT grenade, Sticky bomb, Zook, Shreck round, etc, cant be particularly healthy. :p

Just to clear up here but this is already in effect for stickies and fausts.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc