Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:24:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XP Upgrades!  (Read 12073 times)
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 02:42:49 pm »

Heroic crits on 6 55-60 HP men can't be worse than on 4 90 HP men with healthpacks.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »

So you think a tank needing 12 shots to kill an infantry squad is balanced and ok?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 02:49:09 pm »

First off, 12 shots is assuming it's being hit by a Panther with 0 splash. Second, it's perfectly fine to require 6-8+ shots from a 75mm sherman to deal with a 4man KCH, so why not the same for a heroic crit ranger?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 02:55:05 pm »

Heroic crits on 6 55-60 HP men can't be worse than on 4 90 HP men with healthpacks.

great point. or how about nearly unsuppressable 4 man kch who who see 2 rifle squads and lulz

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:22 pm »

That's kind of what I was getting at Tongue
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09:19 am »

Well volksy threw in some suggestion but what do people think of mine? Cheesy

High xp Tiger turns into a King Tiger that gains Doctrine buffs from the specific doctrine etc.

Like a Sherman that can be upgraded to be a Firefly etc.

It'd give a reason to keep vet alive and show 'em off more than just plain XP.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:06 am »

Or, simply, when you hit double your Vet 3 XP requirement, you gain the "Ace" ability, which gives direct combat bonuses to said unit. These could even be things normally considered no goes, like range.

I forget the XP requirements off hand, but lets say its 100. At 200 you get the Ace level 1, at 300 Ace 2, at 400 Ace 3.

If you get a unit that high into it's vet you deserve it. Of course, this would also require nerfing of retreat defensive bonuses.

Hellcat Ace Level 1 +5 Range, Level 2 +10 sight, Level 3 Moving cloak

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 02:03:07 pm »

I don't think that it's as much of an issue with infantry as it would be with axis vehicles, specifically the tiger.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 02:07:19 pm »

Should these upgrades be a little biased towards allied units? Cuz I feel pretty strongly that axis vet atm > allied vet on all counts, so giving them this kind of raw power would keep the tables as is--where axis retains most of the vet.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 04:00:07 pm »

I don't think that it's as much of an issue with infantry as it would be with axis vehicles, specifically the tiger.
How so? I find tanks of any kind simple to deal with. Infantry can retreat.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »

Allied vet shouldn't be underrated tbh.

Vet 3 Pershings are utter beasts in the right hands... -15% incoming damage, 15% accuracy, 15% penetration, 20% damage and -20% incoming penetration. Stack all that up and the Pershing becomes a nasty piece of work.

Throw HVAP into the mix and it's an incredibly deadly tank hunter.

That's just looking at the ol' Pershing.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 04:49:13 pm »

I think hes talking about overall ability to retain allied vet is worse, so therefore it should be better.

Like keeping 2 vet 3 rifleman alive is harder than keeping a vet 3 oak kch alive.

And keeping paper cannon M10's alive is harder than keeping axis TDs alive.

Then again a good bit of PE vehicles have bad survivability too.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »

You can keep M10's alive if you want to. It's usually more economic to lose them killing a panther or tiger

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 05:01:08 pm »

You can keep M10's alive if you want to. It's usually more economic to lose them killing a panther or tiger
Yeah you can, but thats not the point, its not as easy as keeping other stuff alive with its HP and armour.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:34 pm »

Grens and even volks can retain vet easier then Riflemen.
I cant count the number of Vet2-3 P4s ive seen, wheras Vet shermans are nonexistant.
Vet panthers are easy to come by assuming they're around long enough (high XP count)
Keeping vet on storms, fals, and waffles is a joke.
Pumas can also pop up with vet.
M8s, M10s, Hellcats, and Cromwells are few and far between with a star floating above their HP bars...

Ok, so players are always telling me that riflemen shouldnt retain vet. Nor engies, shermans, m10s, or any unit in the U.S. arsenal aside from pershings, callies, and maybe a howitzer.

Swap to the axis where you can hoard all the Vet grens and armor you feel like, hell, even have a vet volksspam if you have the micro. Even PGs can get vet if you take good enough care of them.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »

I have plenty of Vetted M8's. I deleted 5 Vet 2/3 M8's to make room for my M18's and I've had 10+ vet 2 M18's. I just personally don't keep them around to care.

I've seen more veteran 2in Mortars then I have WM and American Mortars combined. Is that statistically correct? No, but it's my perception(and the 2in Mortar has the worst range)

Getting vet Shermans is no different then getting vet P4's. Panthers and Tigers may be tougher but AP rounds also takes a good chunk off them.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »

Panzer 4's don't get instagibbed by a pair of dual shreck storm/falls. Maybe they should. AB/inf could use moving cloaks.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 08:10:08 pm »

I think hes talking about overall ability to retain allied vet is worse, so therefore it should be better.

Like keeping 2 vet 3 rifleman alive is harder than keeping a vet 3 oak kch alive.

And keeping paper cannon M10's alive is harder than keeping axis TDs alive.

Then again a good bit of PE vehicles have bad survivability too.

It's easy, I have like 7-8 Vet 3 Rifles in my Infantry Coy, more infantry vet overall than I have in any axis company, and they are easier to keep alive, stay effective on field longer, and deal more damage.

How is it harder on Allies? People just think Allies = suicide units, and you can play and win that way. It doesn't mean you can't get vet. I mean hell, I've had 6 vet 3 Hellcats in one company before.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 12:44:32 am »

ive only managed to get good vet on hellcats and m10s if i baby them and use them defensively.

the problem i see is if an allied unit over extends itself itll be dead, axis units who over extend themselves have a better chance at getting back out.

grens are wayyyyy easier to vet up than rifles. though rifles much easier to vet than volks. but it shows in their prices.

but it alllllso goes in reverse, since it makes sense to sacrafice two m10s to kill a panther, you dont see vetted panthers because allies are all to happy to suicide to kill them.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 12:52:21 am »

ive only managed to get good vet on hellcats and m10s if i baby them and use them defensively.

the problem i see is if an allied unit over extends itself itll be dead, axis units who over extend themselves have a better chance at getting back out.

grens are wayyyyy easier to vet up than rifles. though rifles much easier to vet than volks. but it shows in their prices.

but it alllllso goes in reverse, since it makes sense to sacrafice two m10s to kill a panther, you dont see vetted panthers because allies are all to happy to suicide to kill them.

How is that? Only 1 side has Stickies, which are auto kill on any over extended vehicle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc