Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:50:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrine build for Inf. doctrine.  (Read 5927 times)
ChokingPuppies Offline
EIR Regular

« on: October 31, 2011, 04:41:40 pm »

Hi.

My infantry company is focused around rifles (doh) and support weapons, with very little armour. I might add some howies later.

My question is whether to go dual T3 (and if: Should I go support training + allied grit, or support + oversupplied?) or to go for a T4? (Thinking locked and loaded).

Advice appreciated, thanks.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:55:41 pm »

It depends on what youre planning to use.

Want to have officers that spit in the face of Cpt. Miller and make Saving Private Ryan look like a joke? Get the top T4, Operation Overlord. Any Shermans you have will have an increased RoF and really put the hurt on with 75mms.

Like watching tanks go 'bewm'? Get the mid T4, Tank Reapers. Your 57mms will squat down and take a giant dump on enemy armor, and your zooks will have enough accuracy to settle some of the wtfrage you get when they miss a KT from 5 yards away. Engineer minespam isnt too bad either with the increased damage they deal.

Uh...ok, I'll be blunt--Locked and Loaded is complete and utter shit. I'd avoid it at all costs because frankly, the T4 is one of the least effective in the mod. Yes your support weapons are somewhat better, but are still nowhere near as effective as their axis counterparts in most cases. If you really, REALLY want to run this T4, spam MGs and Snipers; the increased accuracy MGs gain from being in cover (Bi-Pods T2) as well as the extra accuracy from the T4 will turn your .30 cals into rape machines, and your snipers will be noticeably less flimsy. With vet, their increased damage-per-shot will allow them to 1-hit heroic armor units such as KCH, but this is rarely useful as KCH will still run you over.

Dual T3s (Top and bottom, Mid t3 isnt very good) are insane because of your increased moving accuracy and the addition to a 3rd BAR or 5th Thompson to upgraded squads. I use this combination on my favorite company and must say that this is one of the most effective combinations in the mod, at least from the American standpoint.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

Should note that locked and loaded allows your 105 howitzers to move, making it a good choice for artillery and support companies.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 05:22:31 pm »

Quote from: What volks wrote"
Derp derp derp

L2Read posts you reply to?

Quote from: puppy
Hi.

My infantry company is focused around rifles (doh) and support weapons, with very little armour. I might add some howies later.

My question is whether to go dual T3 (and if: Should I go support training + allied grit, or support + oversupplied?) or to go for a T4? (Thinking locked and loaded).

Advice appreciated, thanks.

Rifles? Top t4 with officers unlocked.

Keep in mind that right now rifles are only good for AI duty with the sticky nerf.

Nice and brainy double-nerf. Not only do stickies have a ludicrious recharge, but they arent even guaranteed to cause engine damage.

might as well have them throw flowers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:26:19 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »

my inf company owns, but i am le pissed so that is all for this post  Cheesy

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
ChokingPuppies Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »

Okay, so either Overlord or dual T3's. Thank you.

Are Field Dressings worth anything?
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »

some soliloquizing here eh

@topic top+bottom T3 and bar riflespam
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:59:47 pm »

Field Dressings, from my experience, can be useful in many occasions where you have one or two casualties lying around after you win a skirmish, however using it during a battle will generally et more men killed than revived. It's very situational, but can greatly help the survivability of your men if used properly.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »

i have mid t3 and bottom t3 with 23 rifle nade spam. field dressing is only decent on rangers, pointless on rifles as they are bullet magnets and rangers have elite armour so worht getting a man back to take it to the enemy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »

Top and bottom t3, hellcats and atgs, 2 mortar, 2 hmg, howi.

Make sure to get the offmap unlock, and triage.

Kill everything with BAR rifle spam and long range AT.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 08:57:43 pm »

Uh...ok, I'll be blunt--Locked and Loaded is complete and utter shit. I'd avoid it at all costs because frankly, the T4 is one of the least effective in the mod. Yes your support weapons are somewhat better, but are still nowhere near as effective as their axis counterparts in most cases. If you really, REALLY want to run this T4, spam MGs and Snipers; the increased accuracy MGs gain from being in cover (Bi-Pods T2) as well as the extra accuracy from the T4 will turn your .30 cals into rape machines, and your snipers will be noticeably less flimsy. With vet, their increased damage-per-shot will allow them to 1-hit heroic armor units such as KCH, but this is rarely useful as KCH will still run you over.

i brought up how LnL isnt really fulfilling its purpose and is underwhelming since it only affects the support teams, which is about less than 25%. I only like it b/c of the howi movement. Snipers are stronger but die really easy regardless, and even with the + damage i couldnt one shot officers or KCH. .30 cal are definitely stronger but it still doesnt stop the enemy in time its pointless as a HMG role. Mortars are still HORRIBLE, like i cant believe no tweaks to US mortars yet. Better chance of causing friendly fire.

Jumbo rocks. I find that since i like jumbos that TR makes them slightly dual purpose.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 09:30:51 pm »

L&L is so crap compared to heavy support.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »

I have a thread that talks about first aid:

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21297.0

I used it quite a bit. In general I would not use them on rifles, only if you plan on keeping your rifles in green cover and playing defensively. And if you get them on rifles I'd have to say you def want mid/top T3. This gives you even less incoming accuracy when you use first aid, as well as having the amazing benefit of triple BARs.

i would say a howie is a necessity, at least one, you can run a howie with 6 hell cats with T1 FU advantage. Which with an infantry company you should only have T1 FU advantage. Get T3 MP or MU so you can bring tons of BAR rifles.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:48 am »

top and bot T3.
BAR spam galore.
spam away atg.
fuels on jumbos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print