Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:29:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paradrop drift  (Read 9294 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 12:13:28 am »

He cant make us look bad, come on be logical.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 01:30:31 am »

There is still no argument for why it should stay the same but plenty of reasons why it should change.

The players who agreed that it needs change are also long time airborne players while I have not seen any nay sayers as airborne.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:37:56 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 09:16:41 am »

There is still no argument for why it should stay the same but plenty of reasons why it should change.

The players who agreed that it needs change are also long time airborne players while I have not seen any nay sayers as airborne.
Lol wut.

Reasons why it should change posted in the thread :
You can get raped sometimes when you drop it on the front lines.
They fall off the map
Reasons why it shouldn't change:
Paradrop needs a clear disadvantage

One of your arguments is invalid.

And also, Your players supporting you are not "Long time airborne players"
Jstek and Volks(half of your supporting base) are still considered new to most of the mod.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

The Dev team does not change things because 4 people agree in the forums......LOL

BTW, I have two AB companies.....FYI

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »

So you're saying that players are supposed to paradrop their units far behind their own lines?

And also, Your players supporting you are not "Long time airborne players"
Jstek and Volks(half of your supporting base) are still considered new to most of the mod.

It doesn't matter. What matters is that they have played at least 50 games as AB and know how the drift is broken.

Paradrop needs a clear disadvantage

Paradrop is supposed to be an advantage. The only advantage of Airborne riflemen for example over regular Riflemen is that they can paradrop.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:37:50 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 04:13:48 pm »

Dropping your AB near the front lines is suicide ;  it really should be that risky.

Dropping your AB behind the enemy lines is good, but also very risky unless you have some kind of recon : it should be risky!!!

Are you suggesting that you should be able to drop airborne anywhere on the field in a nice little group, all for the same MP and pop as they currently have?

I play AB and would love to have that ability for free ; but that would be OP to the max.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 04:16:23 pm »

Yes? That's how it was for 3 years and there was nothing wrong with it. Just because they have no or less drift it doesn't make them superheroes it just means that you can actually paradrop them on other places than in your own spawn.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

tank you are saying it's completely fine with absolutely no problems, that it's perfect. pony is saying its totally broken and you need to drop at spawn atm.

in reality it's neither, and the both of you need to realize that. easy compromise, it just needs to be reduced slightly, it shouldnt be a big issue.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 04:52:50 pm »

While I slightly agree that the drift may be too much, it's a risk/reward situation. You take the risk of possible drift onto enemy positions for the reward of fast-response infantry. Having absolutely no drift at all would make them quite more powerful.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 05:13:25 pm »

Heres a better idea: Create a pathfinder unit which can drop signal flares making AB have zero drift in the flare's area.

Go through the planning/risk of getting that patherfinder there, and the reward is an accurate drop. Or you can not bother with it and risk the standard drift.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 05:17:35 pm »

Heres a better idea: Create a pathfinder unit which can drop signal flares making AB have zero drift in the flare's area.

Go through the planning/risk of getting that patherfinder there, and the reward is an accurate drop. Or you can not bother with it and risk the standard drift.

or simply reduce drift if ur not dropping in the fow
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 05:58:36 pm »

That'll probably lead to complaints of recon runs/Jeeps pulling rapid accurate trolling deployments.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 06:08:23 pm »

I think drift is just fine the way it is, but if it gets changed I think it should only be affected by sight.

If you have LOS, then reduce the drift. But you need LOS when they are landing, not just a recon run and then 30 sec later they land.

If you are dropping in the FOW, you take your chances with drift.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »

or simply reduce drift if ur not dropping in the fow

holy shit, i think that would be an awesome idea!

I think drift is just fine the way it is, but if it gets changed I think it should only be affected by sight.

If you have LOS, then reduce the drift. But you need LOS when they are landing, not just a recon run and then 30 sec later they land.

yes that would make the most sense.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 01:11:51 am »

If you are dropping in the FOW, you take your chances with drift off the map

Grin
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:05 am »

That sounds much better yes.

Also could you look into the munitions price for Airborne riflemen? It makes no sense that they have more expensive grenades if they are otherwise identical to regular riflemen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:18:03 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

Luffwaffe.. Do they have the same drift also?  I would be interested in knowing what the drift numbers are for them also...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc