Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:22:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brit Button  (Read 9333 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: November 18, 2011, 10:52:55 am »

What's everyone's take on the EiR version.

I don't find it all that useful to be honest.

When you button, you're usually subjescting that unit to getting pummeled by the unit you're trying to button, especially Tigers.

The trippy thing is, when it got nerfed, Brens still retained their original price.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:55:07 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:03:22 am »

I only used button to stop flanking light vehicles from destroying my ATGs and Piats, an I can't even do that reliably anymore.

That makes me a sad panda.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:44 am »

The only good thing about current button is the 0.25 accuracy modifier. It can make the difference if the enemy sticks around to try and engage you, but more often than not they'll just reverse out of the button and re-engage you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »

but more often than not they'll just reverse out of the button and re-engage you.

True especially with light vehicles. The only value I have been found through my extensive brit play *trololol sarcasm* is that its good if armor comes into a kill zone and you basically sacrifice the bren squad to keep the armor in range for that half second more to get an extra AT or piat shot in. even then that doesnt always work and it is not really that good of a deterrent for light vehicles because as stated above reverse and re-engage and almost works with heavy tanks.

to balance it out may slightly increase the speed penalty while buttoning, or reduce cool down time on ability, or reduce bren price. but i dont think the last one would be balance cause then it would make an LMG that is infantry useful that much cheaper and people will be up in arms about that.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:42 pm »

agreed, button in this form should be like 70-80mu, it's not as good as an lmg, but but it has an extra ability. Though I'd take 60mu brens with out any button ability at all!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:51 pm »

i think button is useless and i cant figure out why brens cost 90 munitions and bars cost 80 with insta deathsupress.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

insta deathsupress.

Insta deathsupress? 1v1 squad of mp40 volks against bar squad volks will shat on riflemen rendering them almost dead and useless before bar pins... anyway i do agree that bren cost needs to drop or button needs to be improved.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 01:17:44 am »

Old button was underline broken and it is better off gone from EIRR environment completely. It had absolutely no place within the British arsenal as the Brits already had everything they needed to deal with anything that comes in their way.

I see no reason why button should excist. "oh noes they be flankin my atg! US has stickybomb i haz nutin :<" was the most common reply from British players. Wrong they already had all they needed. Brengun carriers with AP and stuarts are excellent at covering flanks, so are cromwells. PIATs aren't as shit as people look at them, they are still very awsome even if they were nerfed (in the past they were super awsome). There's absolutely no need for button nor any place for it imo.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 02:27:44 am »

you said many things nightrain. but did you say that brens are worth 90mu?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 02:32:47 am »

then get rid of PE sticky nades, cheap spammable fausts, focus fire (my lat gets FREE snipe ability on infantry, lulz)

there's lots of stuff in EiR that need go out. I always felt like button could be a one shot ability much like a sticky or faust. Give it a long wind up like the other two where it sits still and then it snipes at the commander (buttoning it) for a few seconds and then it goes full speed.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 03:18:35 am »

you said many things nightrain. but did you say that brens are worth 90mu?

pratically because it is a awsome gun on the best infantry platform in the entire mod? 2x + Ltd + vet buffs = rapeastic.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 03:21:51 am »

pratically because it is a awsome gun on the best infantry platform in the entire mod? 2x + Ltd + vet buffs = rapeastic.

The total cost of that comes up MUCH higher than most elite infantry in the game. These elite infantry with buffs are a lot stronger than some simple peasant brengunners.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 04:45:49 am »

Discussing unit vs unit in EiR (or CoH in general) is a silly endeavor. Those units will be supported by other units.

Brit infantry is quite hardy and versatile - and when backed up by the most abundant artillery of any faction, capable tanks, and vicious doctrine abilities/unlocks they can readily take on any other faction/unit combination in the game.    

As for button in general... it has no place here. Before, it was cheap bullshit. The nerf turned button into a way to punish inattentive opponents, or reward clever play/micro. Much like the sticky. The difference between the two being that the bren gun also provides improved AI power.   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:48:45 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 04:47:48 am »

most abundant artillery? they get 25's...what r u classifying as artillery?
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 05:01:35 am »

Don't be purposefully evasive. The brits have an entire doctrine dedicated to artillery which receives airburst, earthshaker, the priest and 25's with creeping barrage (not to mention utterly rape tank buffs) The 25 itself and Captain FOO are available to all doctrines, then there's the various other doctrine offmaps such as the lancaster.

If we're going to discuss artillery, it seems pertinent to include indirect of all types including rifle grenades, piats, and the ever present mortar, once again - available to all doctrines.   

The only doctrine which doesn't get unlockable artillery offmaps (but still gets 25's, captain FOO and the various other indirect weapons) is RE which makes up for it by getting 3 different types of heavy tank (and hull-down and over-repair).

People need to quit talking about the brits as if they have no toys of obscene power like the much maligned (and apparently totally overpowered) Wehrmacht.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 10:19:26 am »

I still wonder who wants Priest that costs 3 times more than a simple 25 pounder. Just buy 3x 25 Pounders.

You buy 3 Barrels instead of 1
25Pdrs are 7 pop
25Pdrs are less pool
25Pdrs do not cost 3 Unlock points
25Pdrs can be recrewed if emplacement is not destroyed
25Pdrs if you lose one, you can call out another

Though on topic of brenguns. They are good if not awsome.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 10:20:43 am »

I still wonder who wants Priest that costs 3 times more than a simple 25 pounder. Just buy 3x 25 Pounders.

25Pdrs are 7 pop
25Pdrs are less pool

night this is not the topic

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 10:22:52 am »

25Pdrs are 7 pop
25Pdrs are less pool

I thought Doctrine unlocks were supposed to be better than non doctrine options?

Trolololololol.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »

I thought Doctrine unlocks were supposed to be better than non doctrine options?

Trolololololol.

Sometimes- they aren't Grin
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »

"stuarts are excellent at covering flanks" Yeah you've discredited yourself as far as balance goes with every nerf comes a price reduction,if not please raise the faust prices back to normal Cheesy. No reason why the bren should stay at the same price it was with the horrific nerf that was given to button.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc