Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:40:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LT CPT, vs Defensive officer?  (Read 10751 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:36 pm »

so why do brit LT and CPT  die so flippin fast. i think its kinda silly since they are more or supposed to be more combat involved then the defensive officer who at vet 3 lives for years. usually when i hide them behind a building the aura isnt big enough. sure there is a doc buff they got for increased health but why do we have to lose pp over that.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:38:08 pm »

Strongly agree! +100

typical german stuff though... more resilient and effective on all fronts. Maybe better buffs on vetting or something along those lines. dunno if it would be fair to buff base stats just because LTs could be argued are front line support and therefore should be some what expendable.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 01:07:35 am »

Doctorinal vs non-doctorine is the only reason.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:18:59 am »

night rain says it nicely.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:19 am »

not really. def officer health n stuff carry over from vCoH where he was non doctrinal.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 03:41:12 am »

Lol is this serious thread?

You guys are, no offense, dum dums.

Die fast? Clearly you're not looking after them well enough.

They're perfectly survivable, they really are.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 04:40:38 am »

In my experience, brit captains are ultra survivable compared to defensive officers.

If defensive officers are truly more durable, it would be because it is an unlock for a single doctrine. The fact that their stats carried over from vcoh is irrelevant in the context of a balance discussion. If vcoh stats make them tough, it would be fitting since only defensive doctrine can use them here. 
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 04:48:55 am »

Lol is this serious thread?

You guys are, no offense, dum dums.

Die fast? Clearly you're not looking after them well enough.

They're perfectly survivable, they really are.

you have no idea how many times i've had an LT or captain get one hit by a tank. and it was vetted. i'm starting to think its bugged because it always seems to happen to a high vetted LT but vet 0 or vet 1 LT's dont get one shotted by p4's.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 04:58:51 am »

They don't get one-shotted. More like they survive the shot and then get killed at 1hp by the turret gunner or some other random shot.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 05:03:53 am »

you have no idea how many times i've had an LT or captain get one hit by a tank. and it was vetted. i'm starting to think its bugged because it always seems to happen to a high vetted LT but vet 0 or vet 1 LT's dont get one shotted by p4's.

I'll put it like this.... someone on the GR forums made this statement a long time ago and it always struck me as being clever...

"Everyone remembers the time where a marder one shot a vet 3 retreating captain, but no one remembers the 50 times before that where it missed."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:06:36 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 05:20:40 am »

Lieutenant has 65 health, Captain has 60 health, and the Defensive Officer has 140 health.

All of them have Infantry armour and Heroic criticals.

I could of swore people used to harp on about how if something was doctrinal, it didn't mean that it instantly had to be better... Strange how quickly people's tune can change.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 02:22:43 pm »

Lieutenant has 65 health, Captain has 60 health, and the Defensive Officer has 140 health.

All of them have Infantry armour and Heroic criticals.

I could of swore people used to harp on about how if something was doctrinal, it didn't mean that it instantly had to be better... Strange how quickly people's tune can change.

true, but look at what the do. officer can supervise one guy, and do arty barrage, i think they can pick up weapons too, i havent been on my defensive in awhile.

but lt and capt give bonuses to all the units in their area, and capt just has to be in the same territory, it doesnt need to be anywhere near the fighting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:16 pm »

The Defensive Officer can have it's supervision turned into an aura afaik, which is essential if your going to be using it.

It's almost like Calli use, as long as a person is level enough for it, you'll rarely ever see one without USK.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 03:14:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, if all of those officers have infantry armor and heroic criticals, does that mean they all have the same modifiers regarding incoming accuracy and damage? For instance... would the captains modifiers relating to incoming k98 fire be the same as a defensive officers modifiers relating to incoming garand or enfield fire? 
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »

cw officers don't have infantry armor...
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 03:32:08 pm »

Whoops, looked at target_type_assault instead of target_type_weapon.

Tiredness ftw.

Captains and Lieutenants have Heroic Armour.

Either way I'd much rather have over double the health than the different armour.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »

That might be your personal preference, but armor type does matter quite a bit  Grin

While we are on the subject though... I'd just like to chime in that defensive officers with the aura unlocked are absolute fucking nightmares when they have vetted grens hanging about. I love those god damn things. A defensive player with mass officers backed up by grens, combined with a defensive player running multiple heroic armor, health buffed 88's and med bunkers is a grimly satanic spectacle to behold.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »

The Defensive Officer can have it's supervision turned into an aura afaik, which is essential if your going to be using it.

It's almost like Calli use, as long as a person is level enough for it, you'll rarely ever see one without USK.

yeah but that's a whole T3 + the fact that officer is something you unlock. so it's all good imo.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 07:18:21 pm »

Oh and Mal, Heroic armour gives 0.75 received damage and 0.85 received accuracy to most small arms.

That pushes the Lieutenant health up to 81.25, and the Captain up to 75. Throw in 15% less incoming accuracy on that.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer to go with 140 straight health.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »

I think i'd prefer the LT/captain because they will regenerate their hp more than twice as fast thanks to the same regen speed but lower hp.

the wm officer might be tough, but the cw officers are invincible.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc