Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 07:17:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOw ABout THe ALlies  (Read 13381 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 12:33:46 am »

I think the best thing to do would be to get every ones W:L ratio with each faction.

My W:L ratio is always higher as axis, and I play allied way more. My brit account always have a good W:L ratio, but as far as US vs WM, I play US way more, but my W:L ratio is close to 1:1, one company is 2:1, but most of my WM is 2:1 except for one.

Also I can hop into a WM account and win games, I always feel with allies I have to get my doctrine unlocks.

Does this mean I am just a better axis player? I feel this is the case with a lot of players, they just magically seem to win more games as WM compared to US.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:46 am »

It can also have to do with the teams. I find that the Axis is generally the team with less new players.

The Allies seem to gather more new players as well as a lot of players that are...not so good.

A good Allied team will be just as good as a good Axis team.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:21 am »

So now if we add a shrek squad I counter with BAR Rifle squad, we are still at the same pop, mine is still better. Use ATG to hold the Panther at range, snipe schreks with M18, move BAR squad to cover.

Easy peasy.

But now sending in bars to take out shreks from shreking a flanking tank isnt that easy too. 1 hmg can suppress them in about 1 sec, and now it seems you just wondered right into the middle of their army, and it no longer is about 1 ATG and 1 m10 to flank panther. We are talking about 4-10 different units involved with this tactic. Point being its rarely "oh just 1 atg and m10 FTW".

But i do agree that the new people are mostly on allies. So why do so many of the vet player prefer axis over the allies? Bars does get boring or maybe doctrine not as fun. I heard both. Then again ive seen "good" axis players fail the fuck playing as US (Brits can fuck things up pretty good). But then again i do see stack US beat the fuck out of a descent axis team. So it does show US aint completely fail, but only b/c they are being used by experts. So... allies harder to play as?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:02:48 am by Poppi » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:36 am »

But now sending in bars to take out shreks from shreking flanking tank isnt that easy too. 1 hmg can suppress them in about 1 sec, and now it seems you just wondered right into the middle of their army, and it no longer is about 1 ATG and 1 m10 to flank panther. We are talking about 4-10 different units involved with this tactic.

I wasnt the one that added a shrek in like an immature child.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 01:04:35 am »

I wasnt the one that added a shrek in like an immature child.

sorry fixed. meant for AMPM. Immature child?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 01:09:38 am »

I also did not start adding more units to the formula till you threw in schreks. I can keep adding units that will beat it if you want.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 10:45:01 am »

I think the best thing to do would be to get every ones W:L ratio with each faction.

I find a lot of people in this community put a lot of value into their W:L ratio.
How can that be even close to accurate in a team game scenario. If every game you played had me on your team, I can guarantee your W:L ratio on all factions would suck.....lol

seriously though, Unless you only stack or avoid excellent players, you have no real control over your W:L

But, if you only played 2v2 with noobs on your team and had a positive W:L I would say it meant a lot. A positive W:L only means you have good teammates or weak opponents......imho

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 10:47:46 am »

I find a lot of people in this community put a lot of value into their W:L ratio.
How can that be even close to accurate in a team game scenario. If every game you played had me on your team, I can guarantee your W:L ratio on all factions would suck.....lol

seriously though, Unless you only stack or avoid excellent players, you have no real control over your W:L

But, if you only played 2v2 with noobs on your team and had a positive W:L I would say it meant a lot. A positive W:L only means you have good teammates or weak opponents......imho

complete right comment, w:L wouldnt do shit and is not the work worth

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »

Not true. A good player will be able to steer the game to his advantage and win the majority of games no matter who his teammates are.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 12:06:41 pm »

+1 pony

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

agreed. I've won plenty of games where on paper we should've lost just by sheer will.

then again, if you have bad players and they dont communicate, it doesn't matter how good you are.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »

agreed. I've won plenty of games where on paper we should've lost just by sheer will.

then again, if you have bad players and they dont communicate, it doesn't matter how good you are.

+1
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 01:13:39 pm »

Lies

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

I think I should quote (Well, paraphrase) Wind who said the following:

'A better player than me is needed to lead this team to victory'.

When Wind says that, I suppose shit's gone down.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »

hmm really?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »

Interesting.......

There are people who have posted that a good player will win the game regardless of who they are playing with. Yet wind claims it is his teammates fault for the lose.

So it appears to me that what have said is true. A W:L ratio is not worth shit. If you have a high W:L does not mean you are good. It just means you play with good teammates or shitty opponents....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc