Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:27:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LT vs Wehrmacht officer  (Read 23832 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »

Ricky my friend, I believe that is a bit of hyperbole. I'm sure you mean well, but in actuality, he either supervises one thing super freaking hard (88) to awesome results with the +10% bonus to his very good single supervision or he is acting like a superman buffing the blob around him.

I think whats being discussed now is largely irrelevant, as it has been pointed out this "unlock is stronger" is not consistent across the line and the disparity between survivability and price is very clear regarding these two officers. Should captain then by nerfed to LT level then? Since he is the same price and not a unlock.

Which is an issue with doctrine design, not the unit in question.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

LOL LT is a terrible comparison to the wehr officer, if ANYTHING a captain is the equal to the officer, they both have barrages, aroudn the same health, both have a pistol. Alltho, thier buffs are differant, the orgional purpose of the thread was wondering why hes so much more beffy, i just answerd that. and there have been a good... 4 threads already with wehr officer BUFFS vs LT buffs.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »

LOL LT is a terrible comparison to the wehr officer, if ANYTHING a captain is the equal to the officer, they both have barrages, aroudn the same health, both have a pistol.

yet LT is priced the same, derp

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »

Captain buffs have nothing on the WM Officer.

For buffs, the Lieutenant is closer than the Captain will ever be, however the WM Officer has something that will always make it so much better than either variation of the Lieutenant - damage buffs.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 03:51:52 pm »

LT price drop plz

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 03:55:23 pm »

WM OFFICER UNLOCK FOR ALLIES PL0X.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 04:04:21 pm »

just drop the price of the LT to 95mp 15mun
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »

Ricky my friend, I believe that is a bit of hyperbole. I'm sure you mean well, but in actuality, he either supervises one thing super freaking hard (88) to awesome results with the +10% bonus to his very good single supervision or he is acting like a superman buffing the blob around him.

I think whats being discussed now is largely irrelevant, as it has been pointed out this "unlock is stronger" is not consistent across the line and the disparity between survivability and price is very clear regarding these two officers. Should captain then by nerfed to LT level then? Since he is the same price and not a unlock.

hmm well put and true.

Which is an issue with doctrine design, not the unit in question.

exactly.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »

fail bot.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »

im assuming this all translates to axis is OP  Roll Eyes
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 08:19:59 pm »

Another thing that is worth mentioning is the the range of things a Wehr officer can buff that actually benefit.

An LT buffing an ATG isn't anything super special but a Wehr officer buffing an 88 is a huge benefit to an already very effective unit.

Wehr officers would be much less op for their cost if they could only supervise infantry squads.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 03:02:35 am »

someone said that you need certain doctrines unlocks if you want to affect stuff like 88,otherwise it will just affect crew,and not gun itself
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:13 am »

To buff a 88 You need Either Defensive Positions or Artillery Experts. If your crew is within Senior officer's aura, it will only buff the crew and not the gun itself. Same thing with mgs. You need to directly supervise it to make it affect the gun.

For Ltd- they don't buff anything but the crew. Buff MG? You buff the crew using it not the gun itself. Buff 6Pdr? Only the crew- the guy with the rifle likes the bonus, but the gun itself gets nothing.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 07:28:42 am »

You cannt determine wheather a unit is balanced or not based on certain abilities he can gain via doctrine, everybody picks differant doctrine choices
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 12:44:27 pm »

You cannt determine wheather a unit is balanced or not based on certain abilities he can gain via doctrine, everybody picks differant doctrine choices

by this logic if there was a buff that gave panthers the ability to shoot V1s at ostwind speed instead of their normal gun... then this is balanced... because people will try different builds... derp derp...

anyway Wehr officer should get nerfed oh so slightly: supervision is fine I guess but it shouldnt be able to buff say the gun of an 88 same thing with ATGs MGs whatever... should be able to supervise infantry and tanks but not just crap uber buffs the way it does now.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »

the biggest issue with the wm officer is that it has so much health. It can survive most tank shots and evena few bursts from its top gun.

Heck if it pops a med kit in between shots it can survive two possibly.

so thats the problem there, it buffs not only damage but accuracy as well, so it heightens the total dps of the unit twice, while the LT only does accuracy and then other stuff at vet 2. officer only provides health at vet 0.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »

by this logic if there was a buff that gave panthers the ability to shoot V1s at ostwind speed instead of their normal gun... then this is balanced... because people will try different builds... derp derp...

And by your logic we would nerf the panther  because of the insane ability. Anyone taking the panther with out these buffs would have a complete piece of shit.

A unit should never be balanced taking into account doctrine buffs. If the doctrine buff creates a problem, then correcting the buff is the solution.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:36 pm »

^ what she said.
SixFingeredMan Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 11:27:30 pm »

I haven't played VCOH in a very long time but I'm almost positive that a LT is a tier 1 unit and a WM officer is a tier 3 unit which is why the vcoh stats for an officer is much higher, since you wouldn't normally get the guy till late game when ppl have pershings/flame crocs/ arty etc.
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 02:49:28 am »

i don't understand the comparison and conclusion of valexandes and contaminator

lets get the facts straight

1. british officers (LT+captain) is doctrine independent - you can choose all 3 doctrines of the faction - the wm officer is not

2.  the british officer needs no doctrine unlock to be available the wm officers needs a unit unlock

3. the british officer buffs multiple units at once - the wm officer usually 1 unit - which can be extended to an aura by an additional T3 doctrine unlock

4. even with the T3 doctrine unlock for the aura the radius of wm officer buff area is very small not like the british officer (buffs usually still less units) - radius of 20 vs radius of 30

5. the british officers  gets the buffs increased with veterancy the wm officer not

furthermore if you (contaminator and valexandes) thinks the good tools (like the officer, rocket arty u complained etc.) are always on axis (in this case wehr-defensive) why i see you sitting in the launcher only as us and british?

go play defensive and use them and it will be a pleasure for me to join you as allies  Cool - the grass is always greener on the other side
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:54:40 am by BigDick » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc