Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:17:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trench busters  (Read 13069 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »

i just dont understand the pool cost being so high, or the 80mu cost.
other 2 units get it for 55mu
so maybe bring their cost down to 55mu
or scrap the unit alltogether and make the doctrinal unlock grant regualr sappers a flamer for 55mu

that would nulify flamer/piat spam.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 05:57:20 pm »

The reason why its so high is so players cant spam it, when it was just a simple upgrade on sappers it would be a no-brainer to have about 5-6 of them in your company because they were a 4 pop tommy squad that costed 180 man and 80 mun that could be spammed in mass with units like Chuchills and FireFlys.
At least with assault flamers the spammability is gimped with their high price and the general mun consumption of the PE in terms of upgrades on other units that are a must.
And maybe i kinda agree with you that they gimped it a little too much but the general Flamer sappers in brens with ablative armor was such a fucking pain in the ass to deal with its completely fair to price it at what it is.

God this idiot reminds me of myself.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:06:13 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 06:04:26 pm »

i just dont understand the pool cost being so high, or the 80mu cost.
other 2 units get it for 55mu
so maybe bring their cost down to 55mu
or scrap the unit alltogether and make the doctrinal unlock grant regualr sappers a flamer for 55mu

that would nulify flamer/piat spam.
People explained why the mu cost.

l2read

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »

wait, you don't get two flamer throwers on them? i thought that was why the MU was so high. if they only get 1 flamer thrower on the group it should only be maybe 65mu or 70 max.

give them two flames at 100mu i say, they still have those stupid rifles so it wouldnt be too much better than assault flammen.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »

trench busters are retardedly expensive tbh

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »

theres no point condor myst has weighed in, they are theoretically a superior unit with 187.5 hp per man. there balanced and cost effective.
 Roll Eyes
id like to know which off map gives them this hp boost tho, i cant find anything in the RSE doctrine that does this, their only off maps are, typhoon smoke run, armoured intel and For King And Country
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:58:33 pm by XIIcorps » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »

theres no point condor myst has weighed in, they are theoretically a superior unit with 187.5 hp per man. there balanced and cost effective.
 Roll Eyes
id like to know which off map gives them this hp boost tho, i cant find anything in the RSE doctrine that does this, their only off maps are, typhoon smoke run, armoured intel and For King And Country

Soldier armor, Captain and veterancy. It was already explained to you.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »

I think royal engineer companies are very stable. They are not especially weak to anything at all. Both bren and -flamerbased builds can be really strong. The doctrine is able to make both the churchill crocodile and the firefly stronger at the same time, and these two tanks while few in number can really tip the scales. A croc that succeeds for RE, and lets face it there's absolutely no reason at all to play RE without, will just make so much space in a 3v3 game.

Not to mention that some tank abilities and activates seem to make 6p on churchills to double-shoot. This can be really frustrating for marders and softer units.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 12:17:12 am »

Soldier armor, Captain and veterancy. It was already explained to you.

does the fucking unit start with veterancy, no therefore the above mentioned is moot.
 how can other units weigh in on its base stats, im talking about the base costs.... the bloody bare bones cost of the unit is not right

again yes theoretically on paper TBers are nice when they recieve vet, plus captain buffs but their cost is just not right
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:59 am »

does the fucking unit start with veterancy, no therefore the above mentioned is moot.
 how can other units weigh in on its base stats, im talking about the base costs.... the bloody bare bones cost of the unit is not right

again yes theoretically on paper TBers are nice when they recieve vet, plus captain buffs but their cost is just not right

No, unit does not start with vet but still it starts with a soldier armor and in their current base cost they are fine. The only negative issue is the pool aside of that it is completely fine.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 06:19:55 am »

Because, historically we always balanced the brits on the barebones performance of it's units.

Which is why a vanilla tommy squad on it's own costs 195 MP, like the volks squad that it is, right?

For King and Country is the off-map that allows you to survive ANYTHING. Or if you're feeling cheap, just get the Typhoon Smoking run. Yay to the entire map being covered in smoke?

British units don't start with veterancy, but they invariably end up with veterancy due to their inability to lose entire squads in any meaningful number.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 06:44:35 am »

FKAK only works in friendly territory, which is useless if your attacking into enemy territory, or are on say allies attack.

no that dont count because trench busters are a made up unit non exisitant in vcoh.

and also typhoon run does not cover whole map its roughly 2x the size of cct smoke, nice hyperbole tho made your point that much stronger.

and as for loosing entire squads this is true for the tommy rifles, but sappers have the strange inability to keep their spacing and far to often group into tiny balls of fodder
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:53 am »

1. If you're not capable of attacking on your own terms that's your problem, not a problem with a unit or ability.

2. How is that at all relevant to how balance is done in EiRR?

3. 4x the size of CCT smoke. Once it drops, considering how much units can move by the time it dissipates, it might as well be the entire map that's covered.

4. Which is why there are 29 sapper squads at vet 2 or above, and that number would be about 10+ higher if me and Iwik didn't have our brits companies wiped.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 06:55:07 am »

I tried out Trench Busters in Bren Carriers. Single use, they are pretty efficient so long as no enemy AT is involved. Dual use, they'll incinerate most targets before the user can react and be out of the fire in the same stroke.

Didn't even need to attempt triple use.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 07:14:53 am »

well unlike the Black knight i guess i submit, the evidence before me is enough. im just poop at using flame units
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 10:13:34 am »

Well you took your time to figure that out.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:50 pm »

instead of trolling the forums flaming people who are trying to put a point across you guys could actually play games a few names in here are absent from the launcher alot these days
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 01:30:41 am »

And quite a few do play, look, you have to realize with the trenchbusters you are paying for extra durability, not firepower.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35:14 am »

yeh but their not assault flamen grens who can fire on the move with those mp44's and still use nades, these are just a 4 man sapper squad with a flamer. nothing much to look at really but meh im fighitng a david and goliath battle
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

Assault Flammen, 280mp/120muni - 8pool
Trench Busters, 220mp/80muni - 7pool
And if you want that fancy sprint and grenades you can bump up the flammen price a bit.

While the flames do have more health the sappers have soldier armour and as mentioned before can get above the flammens in some regards if supported bu a lieutenant/captain. Another thing to conciser is that the flammen unlock is a T3 putting it on par with a Pershing/Jagd/Tiger in terms of doctrine cost while the trench busters come with the AT rifle upgrade at T2, this is also something to take into account.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc