Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:41:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allied AT.  (Read 29042 times)
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 11:44:27 pm »

well for what is an allied equivalent to a panther in terms of at effectiveness it should cost some more and marder can since it has no turret be killed by a circling m8
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 11:49:24 pm »

FF costs nearly 3 times as much fuel.

I bet it also fires around 50% slower

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »

well for what is an allied equivalent to a panther in terms of at effectiveness it should cost some more and marder can since it has no turret be killed by a circling m8

I wouldnt conmpare FF to panther they perform deffirent rolls

1. Firefly wont snipe infantry near as often.

2, panther has near same range (without CCT) much stronger armor

3, firefly hardly effectively takes out a panther by itself.

4. Marder on a road has good rotation 50mm HT on road has great rotation speed for LV something regular atgs lack.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 11:59:08 pm »

if youre loosing a firefly to a single rushing panther your doing it wrong tbh sure a panther will take an unsupported firefly how about supported by an atg? or a piat squad? how about that cct? longer range you say? higher firing rate? being able to use it as a mobile shotblocker? (i did this with an ostwind against a pershing while i was moving so dont say it aint possible because i killed that pershing with a near dead panther) or what about that bren button? dont have any of these? your doing it wrong
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 12:01:10 am »

I wouldnt conmpare FF to panther they perform deffirent rolls

1. Firefly wont snipe infantry near as often. - True, although a vet 2 fire fly will do well vs inf imo

2, panther has near same range (without CCT) much stronger armor - i think its 55 panther 60 Firefly.

3, firefly hardly effectively takes out a panther by itself. - Wrong, when a Fire fly hits the field all my tanks go on a deffensive untill i can either rush it with support or more than one tank

4. Marder on a road has good rotation 50mm HT on road has great rotation speed for LV something regular atgs lack.
- True BUT regular ATGs still have AP on Alllied side and cloak on Brits, Plus will often win on a 1v1 basis. Also putting your vech on roads is good, but risky considering mines

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

panther  47.5 range
ff 55 range

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

Meh, firefly lacks the ability to last hit targets its been said by everyone and i concur as a active brits player.  I am a poor user of the FF and i have not yielded the best results against panthers but has proven again and again a great weapon vs any other Tank. i just have trouble with it
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 12:20:42 am »

as heartmann said when the firefly hits the field most people with half a brain goes on the defensive with tanks until its gone and last hit? he he ha haha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA do you know why the marder get last hit and the ff doesnt? allied td charges thts why Smiley and who the flying shit cares if it cant get last hit if it can peck panthers off the field? youre constantly complaining about axis heavies yet the one tank in the british arsenal tht kicks their arse you disregard as total bullshit? and you wonder why those heavies are choochooing youre cromwells in the ass?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:22:31 am by Herrpants » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:30 am »

as heartmann said when the firefly hits the field most people with half a brain goes on the defensive with tanks until its gone and last hit? he he ha haha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA do you know why the marder get last hit and the ff doesnt? allied td charges thts why Smiley and who the flying shit cares if it cant get last hit if it can peck panthers off the field? youre constantly complaining about axis heavies yet the one tank in the british arsenal tht kicks their arse you disregard as total bullshit? and you wonder why those heavies are choochooing youre cromwells in the ass?

When is the last time you played?, i dont use croms against heavies thats just retarded. but when you purchase a cromwell T3 25% penetration and you consistantly get beaten by p4 it make me a little jumpy i guess i expect to do some damage but the crom has bad modifiers vs the p4. but a cromwell is AI LV support not AT dolt. and as i said its my poor use of a firefly. thx for reading while cross eyed.
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2012, 12:28:41 am »

last time i played you used two tank types as british cromwells (95 and regular) and churchills (crocs and avre's) oh and guess what the churchill croc has the same maingun *drumroll* as yeah you guessed it the cromwell so dont come here complaining that you cant kill axis heavies with your tanks when your not using anti tank tanks
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:51 am »

4everherrpants
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

am i wrong then? should churchill crocs and cromwells kill panthers and tigers? because if not i dont see how 4everherrpants applies other than well fuck anything
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 12:47:24 am »

tankedit: Useless information removed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:25:54 am by tank130 » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 01:18:40 am »

i dont see how it doesnt
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 02:18:33 am »

Firefly's ability to last hit is weaker than most vehicles- I still dont know but i believe it is because no one uses it to chase after vehicles due to it being expensive piece...its my only guess. Firefly however in all regards is a good vehicle- its weak part is pathing and driver.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:41 am »

Firefly's ability to last hit is weaker than most vehicles- I still dont know but i believe it is because no one uses it to chase after vehicles due to it being expensive piece...its my only guess. Firefly however in all regards is a good vehicle- its weak part is pathing and driver.

Its a glass cannon, this means high dmg, low survival, how often you gonna chase with storm shreckies ? doing dmg and getting ppl to be afraid of it is as good as killing the units, its when ppl become passive and slow, and start bunching together that allies win.. unless the axis are defensive and do a doomfort... but that's another issue altogether.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:33 am »

sure heart, but so is the marder, both marders and storms bring a lot more dps for pop. allied at aint that strong it is so centric around atg spam or suicide TDs
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2012, 05:24:48 am »

Alright, time to clear up some facts about the Firefly.

It has 55 range, 57.5 with a CCT, 60 when with a vet 2 CCT.

It's accuracy against infantry is abysmal. Totally. If you snipe infantry your just lucky. It has 0.2 accuracy against infantry and a 0.5 modifier against any infantry that move. That's 0.1 accuracy against moving infantry.

Vet 2 will give it 0.23 accuracy against stationary infantry and 0.115 accuracy against moving infantry. So, on average, your looking at around 16-18 shots to kill a Grenadier squad - Should it stand still and not be in cover.

It's health is 550 compared to the Sherman's 636, making for a pretty significant 86 less health. That's one PIV round it could have potentially absorbed.

It has a reload of 5.5 seconds but range modifiers will make that 7.48 at medium range and a shocking 8.965 at close range. The CCT helps with that a fair bit giving it 0.8 reload at base and an extra 0.9 at vet 2. (4.4 long, 5.94 medium, 7.172 short at base vet, 3.96 long, 5.3856 medium, 6.4548 at vet 2).

Basically, it doesn't matter about CCT help or vet, at close range it's dead. At long range the CCT'll make it a beast though.

Oh, and the Firefly has Sherman armour... Which just happens to be wet tissue paper armour against it's intended targets. Still better than Cromwell armour though. >.<

Last note... The Croc does NOT have a Cromwell gun as it's main gun. It has a shitty 6 pounder which cant hit anything to save it's life. When it does, it has ridiculously crap splash.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2012, 06:05:50 am »

Firefly range modifiers were removed as far as I know.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2012, 06:07:51 am »

They are still there.

Go check the RGD's if my word is not enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc