Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:28:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allied AT.  (Read 29040 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:12 am »

After the recent Wipe i have discovered a few thing that made it hard not for me alone but for alot of the allied players let me explain.

USA have no Handheld AT without a Tier1 or T2 unlock.Yes they do have Sticky grenades which are great for taking out heavier tanks and those pesky odd objects that want to ram Infantry. But it has limited very limited range and cost a rough 60 munitions.

Wehrmarcht Can have a schrek and a panzer faust without any Tier unlock. Even The Panzer elite Get Schreks without a Tier unlock.

i think This is a problem with the recent -200 munitions Allies feel the pinch a bit more Since the BAR cost 80 Munitions and the Axis can pick a MP40 Or the G43 costing 60-65 Munitions allowing for more evenly distributed Munitions.

This is hard Think of it this way. When i go Armor doctrine against any axis but Panzer elite in particular i need that Handheld AT do fend of armored cars as they are fast enough  to circle and keep the sticky at range. or maybe to charge a marder and mortar Haltrack i would use some Handheld.

There are of course obvious solutions to the situation but on paper it still remains that USA must pay a Tier unlock to get any handheld and axis do not, Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:36:08 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:45 am »

Edit: No Unrelated pics please
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:38:36 am by tank130 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:03:57 am »

Balance Forum Guidelines

The EIR:R team has decided to go back at some of the old standards of forum moderation, specifically within the Balance Forums. We will no longer let people post in a disruptive or abusive manner while we lose good members.

The new guidelines are here to help us reach our goal, which is a more friendly, constructive community for everyone.

1. Off Topic stuff

The Balance Forum relies on not getting de-railed to other issues more than others forums, keeping this kind of posts out of the forum will help the Dev team gather feedback faster instead of scavenging trough each thread.

Posting of Off-topic Images (unrelated to the balance issue) will result in you being banned from Balance issues. Like wise, continually de-railing threads will see you banned from Balance issues.

2. Reality arguments

This is a game and for the sake of balance EIRR will never be balanced based on what would happen on real life, this is the only way to keep it fun and I'm sure everyone will agree that is the way to go.

3. Nerdrage

Some users love to base their arguments only on stats and throw "counter-counters" to the previous arguments, Nerdrage has only caused havoc among the threads in the Balance Forum and will be closely moderated to not allow threads go beyond 5+ pages or more just because 2 users can't agree they are just talking about probabilities.

4. Flamebaits

The n°1 problem in the Balance Forums right now, is going to be adressed with zero toleration. Posts need to be crystal clear and don't throw any hidden flame against anyone, flamebaits can be used on so many ways that it just not possible to "enumerate" what you shouldn't do or how to recognize them. It will be up to me and Global Moderators to deal with them, what I'm sure is that when an user is smart enough to build a flamebait, such user also knows perfectly he's doing it to get a negative response from the targeted user/group, and he will be punished for doing so. This kind of behaviour created the need to find a "workaround", called the Advisors Forum until order is established here again, and believe me when I say we "will".

5. Politeness

This is a very simple rule, if you can't be polite or keep a neutral position with everybody in this forum then we don't need you, we will not waste our time with you, we have lost enough good players thanks to this.

6. Rage Posting

Users sometimes feel that the whole Dev team changes stats on purpose right before their game starts and then they come here like 10 year old kids who believe they can take on everyone because they just simply are right and nobody can prove them wrong. From now on a rage thread/post will be moderated on sight, do us a favor and take a cold bath before posting after a bad game please, we all have had bad games but that doesn't allow us to rage in the forums.

Posting a rage post or similar will result in you being banned from the balance forum.

7. Balance Threads Quality Control

Like I already said, we want to reach a much higher standard on the Balance Forum and keep everything on track, I'll personally keep an eye on all threads in the Balance Forum. If you keep trolling for the sake of trolling or lack any real argument in your opinion you'll find out that you may need to think twice before posting after some... vacations.

8. "Biased players"

This is close to a myth, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, if X member of the community feels like only trying to point out the weak side of a faction while only the strong points of the opposite, it doesn't make him "biased". As long he doesn't break any of the other rules/guidelines he is free to keep posting as much as he wants, we apprecciate well thought feedback.

9. vCoH

This isn't, vCoH is not in the first place a balanced game, so basing arguments on what happens on vCoH is not possible here. The meta-game in EIRR is too different fom vCoH to make any comparison.

9. Thread Titles

All threads posted in the balance forum must be titled correctly with the issue you wish to discuss and the faction it relates to, for example:

[CW] Sapper Minesweeper
[US] Riflemen Sticky Bombs
[ALL] Infantry pricing

All this rules/guidelines are just an extent from the Game Behaviour Guidelines and the Forum Guidelines.

If you break some of this rules, as some of them may indeed be based on a subjective point of view, I'll notify you before sending a warning. If you keep up ignoring what me or any other member of the staff humbly asks you, we aren't asking nothing more but a mature community here, you'll be dealt with sadly.

To succeed in the balance forum you will have to follow all the rules, failure to follow these rules will see you removed from the balance issue forums until such a time when you have matured to the level of a civilised adult. We want to foster discussions that we can gather information easily from, the quality of threads now makes that difficult.

This thread is going to be treat as if you have read it. If you have not, then that is your own fault because we are not here to baby sit you. No user can claim I didn't know.

learn to make a proper balance thread shithead.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:56 am »

Dear Demon if you can not say anything nice i will ask you to please leave this thread constructive criticism but please do not call me shit head thank you.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:02:47 am »

no.

in regards to your first un-edited post, you deserved to be called a shithead. and i will call you a shithead, if you simply cant follow the guidelines, or are you to stupid to realise that and wouldnt have provoked me stating the obvious, shithead.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:20:38 am »

no.

in regards to your first un-edited post, you deserved to be called a shithead. and i will call you a shithead, if you simply cant follow the guidelines, or are you to stupid to realise that and wouldnt have provoked me stating the obvious, shithead.

Well demon the guidelines did state be polite. I do not wish any ill will towards you or anyone i would just like a honest answer. So please if you can not give a decent answer then please go somewhere else.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:39:54 am »

5. Politeness

This is a very simple rule, if you can't be polite or keep a neutral position with everybody in this forum then we don't need you, we will not waste our time with you, we have lost enough good players thanks to this.

You're such a fake guy, pretending to be good one but can't follow a simple rule.  Cheesy Wink

9th Armoured Engineers
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:10:45 am »

agree here, 3 of the 4 docs get handheld at without an unlock.

brits get piats
both axis get schrecks

the only consolation is that US get rangers and airborne but ofc thats a t1 unlock and both cost a lot in pool and muni.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:44 am »

ACtually ull choose these unlocks anyway so whats the fuzz about? Id rather complain about the reduced muni. Thats a real kick in the nuts especially for airborne. But then again the resource system sucked from day 1 on.....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:36:52 am by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 08:42:27 am »

Forum Guidelines

4. Respect - Showing some respect for your fellow forum members and the entire Europe in Ruins development team isn't hard to do. Remember, you didn't pay any money to fldash or the rest of his team for this mod. It's all their free time and hard work; so show those guys some respect.

Which you have clearly violated here:

learn to make a proper balance thread shithead.

And here:

no.

So both of you kindly knock it off or we will have chose other then make an official report and future bans. Play nice in the sandbox please.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:45:00 am by tank130 » Logged

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 08:53:25 am »

Yes we can purchase rangers, or we can purchase Airborne  that is still a Tier unlock that is wasted on what? what other reason would you pick Airborne? and airborne of course also have to unlock a Tier for the LMG so obviously at the time you unlocked them you wanted handheld at.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »

Inb4 AMPM says Rifles, ATG's and M10's are all you need.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

Inb4 AMPM says Rifles, ATG's and M10's are all you need.

Doing it wrong, its Rifles, ATGs and M18's. Besides Hicks, while boring you do know that is all you need. My level 9 allied companies look just like my level 1 allied companies and both are perfectly effective.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 12:20:59 pm »

Doing it wrong, its Rifles, ATGs and M18's. Besides Hicks, while boring you do know that is all you need. My level 9 allied companies look just like my level 1 allied companies and both are perfectly effective.

Well.... there you have it folks. We will just delete whatever units AmPm does not have in his company and call it a day.

Who knew the answer to balance could be so easy......
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 12:24:15 pm »

It's a balanced build.

Balance does not equal fun though.

What you want is variety and balance, which sadly, does not happen in EIRR. The MU drop hurts Infantry and Medium armor users over Heavy Armor users. It also makes Fu based AT more desirable and efficient. Focus on TDs and AI infantry and support weapons for Allies and you should be fine.

Remember, every tank you have can kill a P4 easy, Sherman Upgun will destroy it, M10/M18 will do it without taking a hit and are cheaper. So all you really need to counter is the occasional Panther, and 2 57mm should more than handle that.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:51:42 pm »

So basically, U.S. players get a fisted in the dick because they HAVE to purchase upgrades on their infantry and mediums to be even mildly effective--where fuel-based Axis companies have to deal with 1 less ATG or sniper or several less BARs?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 02:06:44 pm »

Sherman-upgun is not a medium tank?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »

USA gets 2 Bars less, 1x 57mm with AP rounds less.

What AmPm says is unfortunately true.

Riflemen, 57mm, M18/M10s. That's all you ever need and everything, no matter what you build will have this as a standard template. Should it have rangers it will have M10s/M18s and 57mms, riflemen are just lesser in number. Only difference to this will be a Pershing company...and Sherman company- hmm do they even excist anymore?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

Riflemen, 57mm, M18/M10s. That's all you ever need and everything, no matter what you build will have this as a standard template.

As a Wher player, what are your options without unlocks?

Volks/faust = arguably comparable to rifle/sticky in regards to AT
Grens/shrek
Pak 38
STuG
Panther

I don't think that really looks out of whack. It's true the axis have more handheld AT (by one), but I would rather have M10 or M18 over a STuG TBH

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »

Quote from: Eleanor Roosevelt
EIR is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc