Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:29:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allied AT.  (Read 29251 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2012, 06:13:28 am »

They are still there.

Go check the RGD's if my word is not enough.

Ah I see, it was nerfed in the past patches though

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2012, 07:12:40 am »

oh,you are forgetting cct. YOu put cct infront of firefly,and suddenly instead of your shots hitting firefly,they hit 2 pop cct. So unless someone comes from flank,your firefly almost has 2x hp.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:09 am »

Cromwell and Sherman armour have the same priority. All you've gotta do is put an attack order on the Firefly then continue to micro - Unless the Firefly moves out of range your unit will continue to hit the Firefly.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2012, 09:58:11 am »

Yeah but you lose your CCT and thats kind decent buffs to alot of different units gone.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:24 pm »

Yeah but you lose your CCT and thats kind decent buffs to alot of different units gone.

It's also kinda super cheap, get 2.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »

do I loose cct or firefly,decisions decisions  Roll Eyes ...yea,I think it's smarter to loose firefly...

Cromwell and Sherman armour have the same priority. All you've gotta do is put an attack order on the Firefly then continue to micro
I know every time there was cct infront firefly,although I ordered marder or whatever to hit firefly,they would continue to hit cct.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »

If the Firefly was backing in and out of your range, or you were doing the same, you'd have to re-order the attack every time.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »

Keep on topic please. Aside from that who thinks allied AT rifles arent very good?. obvously they are the same compared to the Luftwaffe ones but the major deffirence is armor. i can penetrate a Marder frontal sometimes while i almost lost a vet 3 stuart 2x due to stupid at rifles and sprinting through Canister shot :L
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »

I agree about Allied AT rifles being nigh upon useless fighting anybody but the Panzer Elite. The only Wehrmacht units it can reasonably damage seem to be the Halftrack, Puma (when you find the odd person who uses it) and the Ostwind from the rear, however, it usually kills the squad before they can do reasonable damage to it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:39:26 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2012, 01:23:38 am »

Given it's low scatter you should be able to use it to snipe out Wehr support weapons like ATGs, ala RRs and if I recall it has reasonable rear penetration.  In turn, how can one argue the effectiveness of AT rifles for Allies being less effective than for Axis?  If we are just talking about effectiveness against vehicles, AT rifles for Axis are only effective frontally against, Quads, M3 HTs, M8s, Stags, Tets, Stuarts, T17s, GMCs, Bren carriers.  Allied AT rifles is pretty much viable against an entire faction's vehicles as well as WM pumas, hts/stukas.    
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:55:55 am by Uglysori » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2012, 07:39:06 am »

Given it's low scatter you should be able to use it to snipe out Wehr support weapons like ATGs, ala RRs and if I recall it has reasonable rear penetration.  In turn, how can one argue the effectiveness of AT rifles for Allies being less effective than for Axis?  If we are just talking about effectiveness against vehicles, AT rifles for Axis are only effective frontally against, Quads, M3 HTs, M8s, Stags, Tets, Stuarts, T17s, GMCs, Bren carriers.  Allied AT rifles is pretty much viable against an entire faction's vehicles as well as WM pumas, hts/stukas.   

so basically if you play wm ur screwed since i rarely see's pma's ht's or stuka's anymore.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:18 am »

No just tested this. AT rifles Can penetrate and will usually penetrate,m10s,greyhound,stuarts,hellcats,staghounds,quads,Cromwell.

They will not penetrate Churchills,Pershings jumbos  Sometimes M4 shermans have good resistance to them.

Wehrmacht units, Halftracks,pumas, stugs if you hit them in the rear. they will penetrate.

P4s sometimes in the rear you penetrate, panther never frontally penetrate and rarely from the side or rear.
Never a any super heavy they will not penetrate. they sometimes penetrate the front of a marder

most other LV they will almost always penetrate.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2012, 10:11:18 am »

Yeah, i know they'll penetrate the rear, all AT will but they do only 50 damage, which is lower than RR's but dont have their penetration.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2012, 12:34:09 pm »

All 3 allied doctrines have some sort of handheld AT bonus unit. Infantry has rangers, armored has single rifle zooks, and airborne get rrs. All 3 allied doctrines also get sticky bombs.

Panzershreks yield high damage, but only have a single rocket attack before reload. Although players can choose to purchase 2 shreks (defensive, blitz yada yada yada), it's very expensive. The fact that allies can purchase an ability that lets them cripple tanks, and then engage with a rocket attack on the same unit is costly, but effective. The inexpensive nature of rifles, and the ability to spam large quantities of mediocre at rather than a few high-impact at units can be devastating to companies that purchase large amounts of medium/heavy armor in axis.

The point of my reminder to us all is that allied AT is right were it should be. We may have our own preferences and debates as to whether or not an ability is worthy of being purchased, but the allies DO have the capabilities to take down armor with infantry quite well. If there was a simple change to bazooka damage tables (just saying), there would be a potential to have an extremely unstable environment, which would prevent axis players from having any sort of fun with armor.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:08 pm »

Well a single zook doesnt do much compared to a Single Schrek, hell 2 rangers cant penetrate a p4 or stug from sides or front usually.

And yes its on a cheaper platform rangers are a expensive Pool platform sure your zooks will stay away but after a time the zook becomes almost useless where the Schrek can always be used. RRS are great dont touch RRs they are the most perfect AT for allies i have ever seen good penetration good accuracy small damage but Who cares they penetrate and thats something.

And last i was told that schrek has more accuracy then 2 zooks. i see your point condor and it is a valid one, a nd i agree that if things where to be changed drastically then yes unstable EIRR envoirment but, that doesnt mean they cant be tweaked to make it slightly better.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:24:55 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:26 pm »

Well a single zook doesnt do much compared to a Single Schrek, hell 2 rangers cant penetrate a p4 or stug from sides or front usually.

A nickel for every time I've said the following:

There is no such thing as side armour in CoH. There is only front and back.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »

If you had enough nickels you could make some snide armor out of it

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2012, 01:57:57 pm »

A nickel for every time I've said the following:

There is no such thing as side armour in CoH. There is only front and back.

side armor is 50% front, 50% back. which is why its hard to penetrate from the side because you have a 50-50 chance of getting front armo
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »

side armor is 50% front, 50% back. which is why its hard to penetrate from the side because you have a 50-50 chance of getting front armo

What do sideskirts Do they should be 50% skirts!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc