Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:27:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Appeal to the EIRR Community.  (Read 9332 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:50 am »

I'm noticing lately that some of the developers and mods are getting more frustrated lately because of the community. What some of you fail to realize that this is a Beta, not a fully released game and that they have no obligation to do as you please because you did not buy this product. Yes you may have donated but it's just that, a donation, not a stake in the mod.

So my appeal is this, leave them alone, quit whining about things you don't like and present your arguments in a respectful manner. Trolling, cussing, rudeness, and other negative means of achieving some type of change you feel needs to be implimented will not get the results you want, it will only serve to alienate you from the community (see Nugnug) and also drive good hardworking and loyal people away (salan, mistersmidt, possibly skaffa etc)

So please, I ask that you back off the jack assery and help keep this mod alive, not just with your support, time or donations but with your attitude as well. The way you act reflects this community as a whole and it is YOU reading this who will set the bar for new people coming in and either welcoming them in or driving them away.

If you agree to change your attitude to better serve us all, please sign here and if you do sign here, you will be held accountable.

~Tym

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:03:35 am »

Or something much easier could happen called: patches, which drive up satisfaction and interest every time a good one gets released.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:46:28 am »

I'm noticing lately that some of the developers and mods are getting more frustrated lately because of the community. What some of you fail to realize that this is a Beta, not a fully released game and that they have no obligation to do as you please because you did not buy this product. Yes you may have donated but it's just that, a donation, not a stake in the mod.

Nice words, too bad most mods are doing quite fine. In fact donations are given on the promise of what is to come, you want people to pat them on the back? well give us something to pat them on the back for.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:42 am »

Pretty sure donations are given to maintain the server and Ventrilo tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:03:51 am »

Pretty sure donations are given to maintain the server and Ventrilo tbh.

Perhaps, but didn't tank have to step in to save the vent?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:22 am »

well there are just simple reasons, that makes the whole community to a bunch of fuckbags.

1.) u can do like everything on the forum (except spam words again and again or unrelated pictures). where are moderators that keep an eye on threads? well if u can do anything u want ( from posting ugly/bäh pics, unrelated pics, stupid rude offending ones...), u do it if u feel bored. where is the serious hand ?

2.) the reason is, that u wait and wait and wait for sth(patch whatever), but u never get any realistic date to prepare for. so u wait one week. two weeks. half a year. no one informs u about anything.

then u think what the fuck iam i waiting for... (u are getting bored)

3.)behaviour of other people can make u fucked up and also start doing stupid posts.

Well all in all, there is from my point of view

a.) missing replays. 1 week and there are like no fucking replays
b.) serious strategic discussions? about company builds ? about units? combos?

well as i started playing this mod, it was brilliant to have the how to use the panther right tutorial  with pics.
now................? nothing

c.) posts about various other games, discussion that are starting with ideas and getting smashed by single persons saying WTF, NO U ..., SERIOUSLY NO JUST NO STFU

d.) the need of some more serious threads about helpfull shit for NEW PLAYERS!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:20:23 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:20:39 am »

+1 at Tym, to those who cannot share Tyms sentiments I day this to you:

Be oblivious...

Be oblivious of your own actions,
Be oblivious of how in the wrong you are,
Be oblivious to how immature you act,
Be oblivious to the fact that you likely know very little about the game development process and acting like you do just makes you that much more oblivious.

This mod would be in a far better state if the community was better. Take Minrcraft as an example; they have one of the strongest communities I have ever seen. They have far fewer trolls and bigots and because of that the development team listens to their concerns.

Quite frankly 98% of you do not know what balance even is; nor do you understand systems or mechanics. People think just because they play alot of good games they all of a sudden know how to make good games. They think they have a clue but really they don't. I have had discussions with a lot of you and that point has been made painfully obvious.

So go on, be oblivious...

PQ
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:25:58 am by pqumsieh » Logged

Common sense is not so common after all.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:17 am »

And if its the balance threads that make devs cry, no game which has more then one faction and any hint of competitiveness has a nice 'balance' thread. Once they learn that they can get on with their lives.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:14 am »

pq kinda makes my point. being a dev for a few weeks gave me a peek at the inner working and how the the attitude of some people affect the work that's being done.

The only thing I"m asking is for the community to be more construtive in their critisism and less trolling and rude. Obviously some of you are so stuck in being idiots that you fail to realize this and take a couple lines out of my diatribe and focus on that so you can ignore my plea. So whatever, I'm locking this obviously you'd rather ruin this mod than help it and with that I'm out, this will never get better.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:42 am »

I'm re-opening this and im going to say yeah i know i violated my own words just a while but you know what, i wrote this cuz i was frustrated with certain people and seeing what i wrote totally ignored and torn apart by some people i respected upset me so whatever.

I'm just tired of this crap...
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:56 am »

ate if the community was better. Take Minrcraft as an example; they have one of the strongest communities I have ever seen. They have far fewer trolls and bigots and because of that the development team listens to their concerns.

I don't think the minecraft community is any different from the EIR community. It is simply larger. obviously there are gonna be more "good" community members.
most of the "good" community members of EIR are already in the dev/balance team, the ones that are left are too few in numbers.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

Its significantly better for a number of different reasons. It has nothing to do with size, typically larger communities are worse because they attract more retards. There is a lot of praise towards the developers of mine craft from the gaming industry for that very achievement. Its rare to find communities such as there's at that scale.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »

EIR used to have a lot of good ones and they kept the bad ones in control + akranadas the bull, but over time they've all left to do other things or got tired of everything going on.

I may soon be one of those because the things that go on here make me more upset than I should ever become over a message board and for my own sake, I feel it may come down to me just ignoring EIR altogether.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:14:03 pm by Tymathee » Logged
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:09 pm »

You are right Tym, I remember there were significantly more good apples now we have good apples which I feel have gone bitter amongst rotten apples. We are getting fresh meat every so often, but they are often scared away but those rotten apples.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 12:25:05 pm »

I'm still sexy as ever tbh.

/awaitsincomingabusefromeverydirection
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 12:51:43 pm »

well there are just simple reasons, that makes the whole community to a bunch of fuckbags.

1.) u can do like everything on the forum (except spam words again and again or unrelated pictures). where are moderators that keep an eye on threads? well if u can do anything u want ( from posting ugly/bäh pics, unrelated pics, stupid rude offending ones...), u do it if u feel bored. where is the serious hand ?

There doesn't need to be much moderation anymore because there are literally so few of us around anymore. If I look back a year ago, I remember so many people who literally don't even come on the forum anymore.

Akra
Salan
DuckorDie
Mysthalin
Katusha
Malgoroth
Lai
NugNug (for good reasons)

Those are just your more visible guys, there was tons of others like

BartonPL
Raio
Freek
HighVelocity
jazzhead
Wittmann
Cloud (good)
Connery
HerrKlik!!!!
Hydro
IllegalCarrot
Immanio
jadewolf

There are literally so many more I could go through, and I'm not even an old timer! Not by this mods standards anyway.

well as i started playing this mod, it was brilliant to have the how to use the panther right tutorial  with pics.

d.) the need of some more serious threads about helpfull shit for NEW PLAYERS!!!!!!

Don't know about replays, probably due to few players atm, but of course there aren't going to be new discussions about combos and tactics all the time, by this point everything has been done a hundred times over.

And the Panther tutorial is still there, what else do you want?

There are loads of other things I could touch on, but I won't right now, else I'll just write a damn essay and nobody will read it anyway :')

Damn, I'm beginning to get the itch to come play EiR again Tongue

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:09:54 pm »

2.) the reason is, that u wait and wait and wait for sth(patch whatever), but u never get any realistic date to prepare for. so u wait one week. two weeks. half a year. no one informs u about anything.

then u think what the fuck iam i waiting for... (u are getting bored)

3.)behaviour of other people can make u fucked up and also start doing stupid posts.

Well all in all, there is from my point of view

well as i started playing this mod, it was brilliant to have the how to use the panther right tutorial  with pics.

c.) posts about various other games, discussion that are starting with ideas and getting smashed by single persons saying WTF, NO U ..., SERIOUSLY NO JUST NO STFU

ive got to agree with hans.

especially on the threads to help new people

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 05:28:55 pm »

Perhaps, but didn't tank have to step in to save the vent?
Tank took over Ventrilo when our old servers 'in excess' amount ran out (We were in credit by over 10 months) but they failed time and time again to give me a 'current' statement, so it went down (funny that...) - and we arent going back to them due to the poor Cust. Service.

/derail - carry on

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 05:37:51 pm »

Tank took over Ventrilo when our old servers 'in excess' amount ran out (We were in credit by over 10 months) but they failed time and time again to give me a 'current' statement, so it went down (funny that...) - and we arent going back to them due to the poor Cust. Service.

/derail - carry on

did you ever get the money back that you were in credit or did they just decide you were in error
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 05:39:31 pm »

Don't know about replays, probably due to few players atm, but of course there aren't going to be new discussions about combos and tactics all the time, by this point everything has been done a hundred times over.

And the Panther tutorial is still there, what else do you want?

hello? do we have still the same old junkies sitting around here? well i was actually aiming at those new players. they dont get anything but a dead forum here if u look at strategy and unit combos. how is the tiger performing ...

and i personally love to read about those and missing this as much as good replays!

NEW PLAYERS NEED THIS I JUST CAN REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc