Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:41:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Appeal to the EIRR Community.  (Read 9363 times)
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 06:08:05 pm »

Cloud prob still comes, he's a master smurf, you wouldn't even recognize him.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »

I have said this before and i will say it again i have donated over 100$ to this mod before. i would be happy to do it again but Donations are if one thinks they deserve the donation. Do i think EIRR for being a mod in istelf deserves a donation yes and i donated. Do i think that it deserves to be donated when it has Very long update times and the mods give out no information other then soon(tm) no i dont think so.

Like all investors/donators im sure tank can agree being a business man that you dont donate blindly into something unless you know what its for. I am currently out of work but once i get a job again i will be happy to pay 60$ a month if things start to change.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

Like all investors/donators im sure tank can agree being a business man that you dont donate blindly into something unless you know what its for. I am currently out of work but once i get a job again i will be happy to pay 60$ a month if things start to change.

Perhaps we need the "tank the business man" answer here.

1.) Donations are used to keep the server and ventrilo running. Donations are not used to pay the devs or to reward them for their volunteer work. The Dev team has never ever considered your donations a payment for development. If your donations are based on the level of productivity in the mod, then that is your issue not ours.

2.) The past Ventrilo was running on a credit for some time. The company we were using failed to send us current statements so we could ensure we were always up to date on the balance of the account. Unfortunately, that credit balance eventually ran out and they disconnected us for not paying the bill. We got pissed at them and I decided to set up a new Vent with a new company. The payments of which are deducted off my credit card automatically to ensure we never have any down time.

However - I hope that enough donations trickle in over time that I do not have bare the entire burden of payment. All we ask is: if you use the system and enjoy the system, then please make a donation of any amount you can comfortably afford when you feel inclined to do so.

The same goes for the game, the forum, and the server it runs on. If you use it and enjoy it, then please make a donation of any amount you can comfortably afford when you feel inclined to do so.

We do not expect it and never have expected it. If you donated expecting more then you were using at the time of your donation - then you are doing it wrong.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:34 pm »

LOL Tank, you know you should probably sticky a "This is where your donations are going" sign somewhere so people stop getting confused. Also it helps bring to life that even though its free, technically it IS costing someone something

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 01:22:00 am »

All problems start from the top of the hierarchy down. Its not the community fault, poor mod progression is the root of all problems.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:13 am »

All problems start from the top of the hierarchy down. Its not the community fault, poor mod progression is the root of all problems.

+1

Devs need motivation boosts every once a while. And time.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 02:02:51 am »

I also remember the warmap was supposed to come out last, last Christmas... it's been 15 months now... ;P

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:19 am »

dont shift the responsibilities form one corner to the other. both sides have to improve the behaviour tbh
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:24:24 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 03:24:26 am »

+1

Devs need motivation boosts every once a while. And time.

all the motivation they need!  Grin
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:33 am »

You may very well have a point Demon. I know myself and most of the Dev team would like to see our forums cleaned up and a little more mature content.
We also know when we try to do that we get backlash from others in the community.

What is amazing is at least 5 times a day you will see this in a forum:
Tankedit: No unrelated pics please
Yet even though everyone with at least two fucking brain cells in their head knows that we do not want pics posted all over the forums, and it is even stated in our forum rules, we still get complete fucking retards posting pics in a thread about not being a fucking retard......

all the motivation they need!  Grin

Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 08:42:43 am »

smh
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:32 am »

hello? do we have still the same old junkies sitting around here? well i was actually aiming at those new players. they dont get anything but a dead forum here if u look at strategy and unit combos. how is the tiger performing ...

and i personally love to read about those and missing this as much as good replays!

NEW PLAYERS NEED THIS I JUST CAN REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Send me a PM with what kind of unit tutorials/guidance your looking for and I'll start a thread for each faction and then their Armour/Infantry/Support and start putting together helpful info at your request.

If I don't have the knowledge myself, I'll try and find people who do. For example I'm an avid American player for Armour and Infantry, but I don't know my arse from my elbow for WM Defensive or PE Scorched Earth, so I'd find somebody who does for those.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 12:06:28 pm »

hello? do we have still the same old junkies sitting around here? well i was actually aiming at those new players. they dont get anything but a dead forum here if u look at strategy and unit combos. how is the tiger performing ...

and i personally love to read about those and missing this as much as good replays!

NEW PLAYERS NEED THIS I JUST CAN REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Guides are pretty fruitless tbh. I remember cloud posting loads of good guides a while back. Some people commented and liked it but it changed fuckall tbh. Noobs were still being noobs and everyone else carried on what they were doing in the first place.

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 12:09:41 pm »

Guides are pretty fruitless tbh. I remember cloud posting loads of good guides a while back. Some people commented and liked it but it changed fuckall tbh. Noobs were still being noobs and everyone else carried on what they were doing in the first place.

i think i read all tutorials sometime in the past from cloud and they were very useful for me
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »

Sometimes read a tutorial, but in the most cases I fail at the part where I had to realize it when I'm ingame. Cheesy

9th Armoured Engineers
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 06:54:53 pm »

WindCriesMary gave me pointers when i came back again. helped me out somewhat. but mostly it was computer who built companies for me all be it a little wacky but great companies.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »

did you ever get the money back that you were in credit or did they just decide you were in error
We just used it up, month after month (because for some reason it had been being douple aid for several months) - so when it was used, it dropped without warning (well, warning like every month which i ignored) I didnt count, so really it was my bad.  But their CS was shitty, they couldnt even tell me how many times we had paid in advance etc etc.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:39 pm »

I also remember the warmap was supposed to come out last, last Christmas... it's been 15 months now... ;P
It was released.  And now being redesigned.  Fun times....
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 07:38:58 am »

~Tym
A signature?
Wind has met his match.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:26 am »