Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 88 Change  (Read 23641 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 09:23:58 am »

takes for ever for 2 atg's to kill 88  Roll Eyes
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 10:31:58 am »

Yea, too few counters to 88 doomfort now.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:40:50 am »

Protip: 88s can't shoot at targets they can not see.

really?

oh wait, 88 arty just raped that theory.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 01:58:25 pm »

a Bike also does...so does a sniper.... its called scouting. Its a protip

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

I use 88s, I dont spam them, I think the problem is when people have 5 in their company. But cmon, its a huge investment in pop, and it cant fucking move. I dont just mean the pop of the gun. med bunker mg, scouts, doomfort. What do we do to a doomfort? Arty it. drop ab and rr it, snipe it, rush it, ignore it, kill its support off.

Ant the 88 arty, I like it, not too acc and only 3 shells. With acc nerf it needs arty for mortars etc. makes it slightly more useful. I play allies a ton, 88s arent supermen, grow up.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

Just like to point out dropping AB DIRECTLY or AROUND on the 88 is probably the worst idea ever.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »

88 is a beautiful investment considering if its in the right spot and map its GG for instance point du hoc. you fucking put a 88 in that map and no one has artillery its pretty GEGE. considering it can hit every unit ingame fairly well for 8 pop you can fight the world and deny a huge amount of territory.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
InecatInDunare Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »

Not even talking about the fact that an supervise 88 can one shot an M8 with ridicaulos accuracy.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 04:40:10 pm »

The 88 should be able to destroy atgs and vehicles... because that's what you buy it for. Noone should be able to charge atgs and/ or tanks in to kill a cannon without heavy losses. I do, however, have a problem with the 88 being able to fire accurate artillery at targets. The 88 shouldn't be able to counter the best weapon to use against it... mortars.

Get rid of 88 artillery, and the allies will be able to use mortars to attack it. This will force axis to try and counter mortar with their own mortars and provide for a more interesting duel of indirect fire to cover the 88. Get rid of the arty first before you nerf it even more.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:47 pm »

The 88 should be able to destroy atgs and vehicles... because that's what you buy it for. Noone should be able to charge atgs and/ or tanks in to kill a cannon without heavy losses. I do, however, have a problem with the 88 being able to fire accurate artillery at targets. The 88 shouldn't be able to counter the best weapon to use against it... mortars.

Get rid of 88 artillery, and the allies will be able to use mortars to attack it. This will force axis to try and counter mortar with their own mortars and provide for a more interesting duel of indirect fire to cover the 88. Get rid of the arty first before you nerf it even more.

I totally agree.. Just remove the flak arty. Then it will play the role what it is meant to: provide huge area denial, and kill everything on wheels which is foolish enough to get close.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

Let's talk about long range AT while at the same time doing the amazing feat of disregarding our favoritism for one specific long range anti everything unit in the mod for coh named EIRR.

Take your eyes to our new units, reward or otherwise. Units that are different or do not exist in vcoh, but do or are different in EIRR: Now how many units have been introduced for axis or allies that have great accuracy vs vehicles (at guns included) and tanks that have 100 range?

Oh, right. Zero. So maybe in some dumb dumb manner we can deduce that this is hard to do right. It's hard to justify introducing a maus, elephant [insert animal name here] where this could be done right. We introduce slow lumbering anti tank platforms with 40 or 45 range or some shit armor type with lockdown or atrocious rotation that keeps them 'balanced'.

Let us all marvel at the brilliance of our design, of our community. We are a great bunch. But is it incorrect to state that nothing else works like the 88 in EIRR? We don't have 8-pop howies defending themself vs anything it can shoot on with awesome penetration.

We fail to introduce long armed AT as reward units, we don't give sturmtiger or whatever awesome long range splash (semi-arty) because.. for some reason the guise in charge don't think it's a good idea, nor does the community cry out in want for above-firefly range type of AT units.

But the arty 88 is FINE. Nothing is like it in any doctrine or faction, but hey, it's cool. Derp.

If we can't introduce axis long range AT raping machines - even with reward point card or point costs - then why is it so hard to acknowledge that something is up with a 100 range unit that can hit both vehicles, infantry and precious ATGs.

Where is the allied equivavelent? Where is the other 100 range anti atg units for the other factions, that defend themselves and defend themselves even better with support? Oh shit they dont exist.

88 with arty, even with its map dependancy (which arty option helps mitigate) is just straight up too good. It's not OP at its artillery job though its cooldown is comparable to other dedicated arty units. It's perhaps not even OP vs armor, as we all have some expectations from what initially was a 8 pop AT gun. What is the core issue here is that it was made stronger vs at guns, which we at this point can start realizing did *not* work out well and start lobbying for reverting.

Get to it gentlemen. I have enough changes with my name on.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:40:47 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »

Get to it gentlemen. I have enough changes with my name on.
Its already in the works.

As if you didnt know!  Oh you!

GET OUT OF THE BATCAVE!  LAST TIME!

lol

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

Delfinas is right, ask any allied about 88s and u will face endless QQ river, same with axis boys who dont want any changes to BALANCED  unit. Had 2 times amazing game with 11 88s on the field, and next time 9 of them. Its just retarded. Axis QQ about bars spam + atgs wall or m10s,but its aint that hard to deal with it,  plus it requires micro to control rfls or rest stuff since 8 pop unit aint requires any micro. Everytime i am playing defensive coy i am just chilling out on the couch, grabbing some drink and playing lol. At the end of the day we have full lobby of axis cuz allies are just BORING (lol) but not HARD to play

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

Can someone tell me what is different on the 88 from like 6 months ago or what ever when I played last? The last time I played against an 88 it wasn't a problem, and it was vs a good player.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 07:24:46 pm »

Why that long talkathon?    88 arty is retarded .
 Has , been, will always be. Just kick it it out.
U want indirect fire for def buff the stuka halftrack or make it cheaper.

Or make basic inf cheaper for def so u can go on the offense.
But yeah i know price reduction is out of question.
Dunno.
88 arty gotta go. For good
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:34:04 pm by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »

Can someone tell me what is different on the 88 from like 6 months ago or what ever when I played last? The last time I played against an 88 it wasn't a problem, and it was vs a good player.

1 88 is not a problem.

Fight 3 players with 4 88s each, it becomes an issue.

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »

Its just too potent atm.Take that indirect away. Just give peeps an option to attack. Perhaps sight range for pumas, whatever just brainfarts.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:59:19 pm by chefarzt » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:27 pm »

88 vs at gun matchup was changed. On paper it was supposed to nerf them vs each other, but the def doc buffs and the 88 weapon itself ends up making the matchup heavily skewed towards the 88.

I can definitely respect the fact that the BT comes up with stuff that is unexpected, but in the case of the 88 I can't find any discussion previously that leads up to this change. 88 vs at gun change was just out of the blue and didn't have the effect it was supposed to achieve.

A lot of people defend the 88 with saying it has to be good area denier, but there are plenty of units with a lack of mobility that cost more pop than the 88 and can hit less targets, while having less range. 100 range is a big deal for a direct fire unit, immobile or no. As for maps even on Neuville 2 arty flaks 16/80 pop can still
pose a problem.

Back ago we also had the situation of a lot of reward points, in fact it's just now recently it has started to dry out. A lot of reward units for axis required fuel. Could have played in.

Also defensive also have a underperforming dedicated arty piece already - the stuka ht. How many of these do you see compared to the 88? The stuka ht is actually a dedicated arty unit, yet its so much less worthwhile to pull on one of these for 8 pop than a 88.

Change defensive so that 88s are not multitools vs everything and allow gameplay centered around stukas to be more effective.

Anyways, as moaned about a thousand times before this is a problem caused by how doctrine buffs work. A 88 with arty is clearly worth at least as much as a arty piece + the normal 88 cost itself. If the price reflected the increased potency of the unit, it would possibly be 150-200 fuel more. Sure you could have 4 arty 88s, but that would be all you had for fuel.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:07:23 pm by Smokaz » Logged
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »

So u say
stukas it is,

btw.:Nigga stole my bike
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »

I would still propose eliminating the artillery ability, but maybe placing a cap on the number of 88s one can buy. How about 2 per company? That would be similar to a tiger cap. Will this fix it? I don't know, but let's find out before we nerf the units capabilities. The common problem across the board is that 88 SPAM is a very bad thing. We will always have the problem with 4v4s, or 3v3s where each axis player has their own 88 on the field. That same problem can apply to many units. As it stands right now, each of those axis players can have as many 88s as he/she can buy. If we cap the number that someone can purchase, we can allow for the 88 to remain an effective unit, but prevent players from being able to each have 3+ in their companies. Basically... it could help.

I also reiterate my last message about eliminating the 88s capability of engaging the mortar by itself with its own indirect fire.

Nerfing the units' effectiveness in stats won't fix the problem with spamming because the 88 has to at least be good enough to rape tanks and vehicles to be worth purchasing. Basically 88 spam will always be good enough to be able to dominate against any build without howitzers (as long as the arty remains... because it IS accurate).

We will never be able to truly predict any outcome, but we can test things and see if they work. This is my offer I'm bringing to the table, seriously.

EDITED
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:11:43 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc