Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:36:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jeep vs bike.  (Read 17871 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 04:23:02 pm »

Bike, multirole... bwahahaha, Seriously, buy a puma

seriously...for taking out support weapons, buy 3 bikes, better than a single puma.

Am I reading that bike is OP? lol

Not OP, but over priced and that wm schwim is a lil redundant.

No that jeep kinda sucks.

Pretty much. Axis sees jeep and lol's. Let me sneak my storms up on his jeep and kill it. for some reason i can't detect storms sneaking up on my bike before they can fire.

No one said Op. we are comparing two units with the same roles and figuring out how and why the jeep is inferior to a bike.

pretty much. It's a lot of the same argument with the ketten and armed schwim last year.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

seriously...for taking out support weapons, buy 3 bikes, better than a single puma.
That's also more pop and pretty much single use

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 06:02:26 pm »

Also much cheaper in Fuel (30 vs 65) and 10 MP less. Single use only applies if it's a suicide run, in which case, the Puma would also be single use.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:53 pm »

Also much cheaper in Fuel (30 vs 65) and 10 MP less. Single use only applies if it's a suicide run, in which case, the Puma would also be single use.
Hicks, show me a replay of the terrifying power that is bike swarms, because in my 500+ games of EiRR I've never seen it :/
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »

i think he means jeeps vs bikes. a bike swarm is far scarrier then  a jeep swarm.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

Hicks, show me a replay of the terrifying power that is bike swarms, because in my 500+ games of EiRR I've never seen it :/

Simply because nobody has thought of it, does not mean it will never be attempted.

Also, I've been witness to Mysthalin pull out a swarm of around 8-10 Jeeps and cut down a pair of dual Shreck Storms. Now imagine it done with the DPS of Motorcycles against squishy US squads.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

Simply because nobody has thought of it, does not mean it will never be attempted.

Also, I've been witness to Mysthalin pull out a swarm of around 8-10 Jeeps and cut down a pair of dual Shreck Storms. Now imagine it done with the DPS of Motorcycles against squishy US squads.
Well 900mp, 30 pop and 100 fuel better cut something down, lol
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

Tried it in cheatmod.

Was lol.

Someone should use it.

Deadbolt?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:30 pm »

I've seen it.  SmurfUnoctium tried it with something like 48 bikes against me in a game.  It was loltastic, but somewhat effective.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:36 pm »

+1 to tym suggesting a more defining role for said units.

And I think jeeps should get a price decrease and bikes price increase.

seriously, only advantage the jeep has is health and that doesnt mean shit. in the EIRR setting jeeps and bikes are used for anti-sniper counter 80% of the time, scouting 20% usually after they have killed a sniper.

give jeeps more health or better sight, or something!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 12:32:23 am »

Am I the only one facepalming at this thread?

So in a short if bike gets nerfed the way Tym wants it will be low los ranged 'recon' unit that is 3 pop. Jeep is fine in all terms. It is a recon unit so is bike. Bike has better gun but no reverse and low health. It has no better 'dodge' than jeep.

Health also means quite a lot, the ability to survive a lot longer means quite a lot (I as a dedicated Commando jeep spammer. They survive small arms fire a lot longer than bikes do under a focus fire. Also the ability to reverse doesn't mean it gets stuck in weird pathing errors like the bike does.

Plus 2 pop means quite a lot. 88 8 pop and spotter for 2 equals that 10 pop for solid support weapon. Also it won't shoot to reveal its location.

Plus I'm fairly sure no axis 'lol' at jeep when they spot it spotting their stuff. It is what recon does. In a similar fashion no one lols at a spotting bike. Intel is one of the key element of warfare and winning.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:23 am »

I always noticed that bikes can dodge the hell out of RR, zooks, atgs, tanks, etc. Send 2 or 3 of them into the enemy army and they will break through and take out the sniper. US jeeps dont have that luck. Even in larger numbers. Would more dps help balance the jeep? or just cause more grief due to spam?
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 02:21:50 am »

It's a long time ago but I had a game on Bastion where I was Airborne and called a Mortar, MG, Airborne+RR, Airborne Rifle and a Airborne Riflesquad and a ATG and a whole 24Pop Bikergang killed all my stuff.
The MG dealed a lot of damage to some of them but once they passed it was dead, the same for the mortar and the ATG. The two Airborne
squads where in green cover and the RRs missed all the time. In the end I got rid of the most of them but I had just a broken RR squad with
a 2 guys left.

I was a bit confused after this.  Grin

9th Armoured Engineers
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 03:04:42 am »

RRs miss because they have low accuracy low scatter and bike has Phase Armor, exact same reason why RRs are not as good versus Pumas.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 03:45:47 am »

RRs miss because they have low accuracy low scatter and bike has Phase Armor, exact same reason why RRs are not as good versus Pumas.

And -66% received accuracy while moving.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 08:12:44 am »

Am I the only one facepalming at Night's comment?

So in a short if bike gets nerfed the way Tym wants it will be balanced. Jeep is crap in all terms. It is a waste of 110 MP, 10FU. Bike has better gun but no reverse and low health. It has better 'dodge' than jeep.

Health also means nothing since the bike has 125 HP vs 185 HP, the ability to survive a lot longer means bupkis(I as a dedicated Commando jeep spammer. They survive small arms fire for about 2 seconds longer then a bike under a focus fire. Also the ability to reverse doesn't mean it gets stuck in weird pathing errors like the bike does.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:17:45 am by TheVolskinator » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 08:16:34 am »

my jeep wants phase armor.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 08:49:41 am »

Most of what Night says is dead wrong, its why we chuckle when he goes off on his "tiger is crap" rant

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 09:28:32 am »

Last game:
Myth called in a lot of Jeeps to get rid of a sniper. I could do a counter snipe+recon to solve this problem, but refused and said he got it.
One bike chases my Sniper and in the first burst it dies. -.-'
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 09:44:39 am »

Most of what Night says is dead wrong, its why we chuckle when he goes off on his "tiger is crap" rant

Tiger is crap...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc