Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 10:25:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger tank a Worthy investment or a Major disappointment?  (Read 9260 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 10:46:16 am »

EDITED:

Tiger is OK.

Not great, not bad.
+1

1) Tactically superior - the technologically superior hitler inspired tank that is capable of engaging every unit in the game with decent damage (provided appropriate ranges are used). It may have range or speed issues, but when it's firing it's gun, it does great damage.
2) Strategically a disaster - huge resource sink. If it dies, you just got kicked in the balls.

The tiger is a tactically superior tank. It's capable of engaging tanks with good -> high damage (provided that you use appropriate ranges), but it's strategically a disaster. It costs so many resources. It's really a 2v2 tank that should be used late game after the AT guns are dwindling. You call it out to break through the lines with heavy support because it's capable of engaging any type of unit. It sucks at range vs pershings, but it can take them down in close range... good enough for a desperate push.

Worth buying? you decide.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:56:16 am by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 11:15:01 am »

The Tiger is a force multiplier. Alone it's decent, but liable to getting swamped by it's hard counters. Combine it with other units and you'll have a force which is hard pressed to be put down easily.

For the Tiger to shine you need to know how to keep ATG's off your back. Most people are used to having enough armour to just plow through them whilst remaining cost efficient (PIV, StuG) or being mobile and hard armoured enough to bounce rounds or simply out flank them (Panther). Solid use of Tigers means solid use of Snipers and Mortars. If you can't use either of those competently, you're going to struggle with the Tiger as it will keep on bumping into ATG's to block it's path.

The only armour you will have to consciously worry about is the Firefly as it can out range you and has the speed to maintain it's range advantage. The recent introduction of better M18's also introduces a new threat to the Tiger, but if a Pak is nearby then the Pak should always be in range to counter-attack the M18 upon it firing (Not so with the Firefly due to 55 range and Pak's 60, assuming the Tiger has poked it's nose out a little bit).

Keeping a Shreck floating around the Tiger will also make short work of any M10 rushes as well as keen Tiger micro. The M10 user will have to decide between circle-strafing and crushing the Shreck(s), either choice will result in losses for the M10 user.

In short, the Tiger comes from an era of true combined arms. Mediocre alone, shines when combined. It requires more effort and ability to cash in the rewards for using it, and can blow up in your face with an expensive bill if you screw up.

Most people are just too used to one-hit-wonder companies or heavy spam companies with their best doctrine choice to want to put the effort in to use a Tiger to it's maximum capacity - Resulting in people asking for buffs.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 11:46:35 am »

The Tiger is a force multiplier. Alone it's decent, but liable to getting swamped by it's hard counters. Combine it with other units and you'll have a force which is hard pressed to be put down easily.

Hicks tries to teach CombinedArms to EIRR community

It fails.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:06 am »

Nothing wrong with the tiger, its US doctrines that are the problem.

Go back 2 years and tiger's and KT's roamed like kings. And if you played against just brits right now would still roam king, its US and their abundance of buffed AT thats the problem.
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:25 pm »

try using heavy tanks vs my brits, all have either a load of ff's or 17pdrs for that reason. heavies dont rape brits since they have powerful counters

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

CW > WM > US > PE > CW

is the way it goes in hierarchy in my head.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 12:53:38 pm »

CW > WM > US > PE > CW

. . . Wait a second >.>

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »

17pdrs for that reason.

Precision strike wheeeee
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:08 pm »

eHow to use a Tiger!

When you use a Tiger you get to feel like you are the Ultimate head of Axis Warmachine. Your tiger tank crushes the opposition but then you realized that it wasn't how you dreamt it would be. Even a single Anti tank gun will block your path to victory and you simply can't cut it to smash it to bits because you'd have to face yet another anti tank gun and you are forced to sit behind all sorts of buildings and other shotblockers. Luckily we can help you:

You will need:

A Tiger tank.

A Axis Mortar 5 pop
A Axis PAK 5 pop
A Squad carrying a panzerschreck 5 pop

Paper towels
And a lot of patience

Optional: Smoke rounds, repairs, second repair kit. Axis Sniper 7 pop, A recon unit 2-3 pop.

Here is how it works. You should only call out your Tiger when you have sufficient ammount of popcap because Tiger itself costs a hefty 16 pop to field to the battle. You have to play the battle for at least 20 minutes to aquire sustainable ammount of pop to call out the beast from the offmap. Evidently the enemy will notice you have a Tiger and immediately they start building up a wall made out of anti tank guns. Heres what you do.

Sit your Tiger behind your line and do nothing with it. Move up the recon unit, spot the anti tank gun. Start bombing anti tank gun with your mortar or optionally with your sniper! Keep the schreck squad and your anti tank squad next to your tiger behind doing nothing while your mortar or recon unit keeps bombing. If someone decides to charge at your mortar, move the tiger forward a bit to shoot at the enemy to force him to sit still. Once anti tank gun is dead, move up your tiger to the position your mortar had been firing for two minutes and move up the mortar and recon unit forward. Use the tiger or schreck squad to kill the unmanned anti tank gun to prevent enemy from capturing it again.

Rinse and repeat this when ever you see a anti tank gun and soon enemy will be frustarated and offmap or arty your indirect unit. be active and move up your mortar or sniper to safety using a T2 ability called Keep it moving! And bolt to safety whenever the enemy starts bombing you! If you keep this up soon enemy will charge you with their tank destroyers which you will destroy with your pak and schreck squad with the aid of the tiger!

Keep doing this onward and onward until you finally realized that your tiger had done absolutely nothing on the field, on the realization you might want to use paper towels to wipe your pouring tears of saddness!

Did you know?:

M18 Hellcat tank destroyers can kill your lone Tiger without you being able to do anything about it! Imagine that, it is cheaper too.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 02:32:39 pm »

Did you know?:

M18 Hellcat tank destroyers can kill your lone Tiger without you being able to do anything about it! Imagine that, it is cheaper too.

Did you know?

An m18 is 300 fuel's worth of designated Tank Destroyer.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »

lone Tiger

Retard.
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

try using heavy tanks vs my brits, all have either a load of ff's or 17pdrs for that reason. heavies dont rape brits since they have powerful counters

Yet i can fight that. What i cant fight is a Jumbo or rangers/ab or rifles with zookas. You cant scare a jumbo away when it has an at gun and rifles nearby.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 03:06:48 pm »

Precision strike wheeeee
You're trying to imply it's somehow worse than most of the allied arty? I hope not...

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »

You're trying to imply it's somehow worse than most of the allied arty? I hope not...

Yes, yes it is worse then any allied artillery, as it one shots ANY atg and leaves it unable to be re-crewed for for many seconds.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 03:15:48 pm »

Yes, yes it is worse then any allied artillery, as it one shots ANY atg and leaves it unable to be re-crewed for for many seconds.
Tried running an atg away from an earthshaker/captain/airburst... and so on, really, all sides feel the pain on that one, at the very least the stuka has the decency to only kill the at gun and only do it twice.

Most offmaps will wipe any atg out, it's not exclusive to stuka strikes by any means.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:17:20 pm by nikomas » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:06 pm »

Tried running an atg away from an earthshaker/captain/airburst... and so on, really, all sides feel the pain on that one, at the very least the stuka has the decency to only kill the at gun and only do it twice.

Most offmaps will wipe any atg out, it's not exclusive to stuka strikes by any means.

I knew you were dumb enough to try to go there.

ITS FIRE SAFE. You throw down an earth shaker or an airburst or most other types of artillery you need to stay clear or your own troops will die.

With the precision strike you can immediately exploit the advantage that you have opened up without risking your own troops at the same time.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »

Tiger is funky. U miss 2 shots and the 3rd just wipes a squad. Well if Tiger isnt dead by then. Still always good for a big LOL if it works.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »

I knew you were dumb enough to try to go there.

ITS FIRE SAFE. You throw down an earth shaker or an airburst or most other types of artillery you need to stay clear or your own troops will die.

With the precision strike you can immediately exploit the advantage that you have opened up without risking your own troops at the same time.
What the fuck is your tiger doing right next to an AT gun? The way percision strike is used (To take out sniping at guns) it matters jack none if it's danger close or not... and if you already have units in the "Danger zone" then they should be enough to focus fire on the at gun and save you a valuable offmap strike.

If they're not enough to do it, they were going to die either way and thus it doesnt matter if the artillery is danger close or not. While it's true what you said, I cant belive you're stupid enough to use that argument when it's really not relevant to the usage of the ability itself.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35:36 am »

I think his point was that you're free to use stuka bombing in the middle of an assault without fear of hitting your own units. Not really the case with, say, firestorm or earthshaker. Those ones you can only really use to cut off a retreat while doing an assault.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 04:54:49 am »

precision strike is a one hitta quitta, but it's basically a support weapon killer and along with all the other weapons blitz has that is really good vs support weapons, one that kills atgs so u can just run around with stuh's and tigers makes it seem more OP.

also, it's undodgeable, you can see it coming and unless you're moving as he's casting or before you are done.

other arty strikes, it's a chance you can get out, cuz it hits randomly. i've dodged many an off map, its hard to dodge
precision strike.

matter fact, axis have two nearly undodgable weapons, Preicion strike and the off map missle, unless ur already moving ur done.

oh and the Henchel but lets not go there....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc