Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 03:08:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old-Timers Beat on Newbies in Neuville (Newb asking for advice)  (Read 4543 times)
dailydose Offline
EIR Regular

« on: October 09, 2012, 12:37:41 am »

Allies
----
Rikidude - Armor
VetfortheVetgod - Royal Engineers

Axis
----
Dailydose- Blitzkrieg
GANSU - Terror

Hello everyone,

Since you don't know who the hell I am, you probably inferred that I am a green newb. I'm even greener than the rest because I bought vCoH just to play EiRR, and jumped into the mod right after finishing the tutorials.

The reason I'm uploading a replay of my latest game is because I gave tank130 an aneurysm in a previous match--his stormtroopers got fried because I sucked (I'm super sorry.  Cry)

So please watch this replay and give me some good critiques/advice on how I can improve my game. It's a replay of Rikidude and Vet wailing on two fresh boots.

Spoiler: I lost this match too, although the Allies said we did pretty good. Run-time is approx. 30 min.

dailydose

Stop with the walls of text......lol
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:19 am »

I gave tank130 a aneurysm in a previous match

You're doing just fine.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:22 am »

Yeah we were surprised how aggressive you guys were! I'm really excited for daily simply because off the bat he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, but he's also posting up early replays looking for tips.

Sadly I was playing TL2 while this was setting up, so when I RTL i saw that there were two new names and me and terrin, i would of had one of us switch to lighten things up.

Either way, will watch tomorrow to give some tips, but I am sure there are much more skilled players here that can do better than I.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 01:14:13 am »

Its really nice to see that you are willing to improve your game.

Im to tired to watch the replay atm, but i might do it later.

But some basic advice would be.

1. Always have some form of at on the field and never attack without having a plan.

I almost have one every time, smoke, fire-up, cloak, arty, atgs/paks etc backing up the assault.

The time i dont have a plan i mostly get into some serious trouble and ending up with a bunch of dead troops.

2. Scout, listen (trough fog of war) and pay attention (ie if something get crushed in fog of war = armor, mortar barrage through fog off war etc).

3. Make sure you have some indirect fire in your company if you and your team get stuck and cant move forward, such as snipers, arty, mortars etc.

4. If you having a hard time on your flank or dont know what/or how to do it, move over and support the rest of your team.

By the way, im not trying to make anyone quit eir in any way, but right now its not that many players here. So i found it really effective to have one game up in eir and one in omg (mod similar to eir). That way you dont need to wait hours and sometimes you have the luxary of choosing what game to play.

Last thing (and this is my opinion), its easier to play allies right now. So i recommend you to play them instead. Axis have really expensive units that require you to be careful with them and have good micro.

Allies on the other hand have strong units (due to some misstakes in balance) and they are cheaper.

Good luck!

Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:18:58 am »

I might be on later today, i can dl this, and if you have vent, we can go over it together ^^ Good Players to try and get tips from is Skaffa, Hicks, Dnicee, Nijo, and Ray. ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:06:33 am »

Maybe you'll like this.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23903.0

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23920.0

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23934.0

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23993.0

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:12 am »

I gave tank130 an aneurysm in a previous match

lol........

First of all, it is not your fault I got fried. Shrek storms vs Croc spam was not in my favor.....
Second, I had no idea you were completely new to COH all together. You are at a massive disadvantage in this game environment, and considering that, I think you did well.

Right after that game I was in the dev lobby and stated it was a frustrating game, but I thought you had a lot of potential with your great attitude.

WELCOME to the mod, it's great to see people with your type of attitude

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:03 pm »

I had wind and chefartz against the wall a couple of times with this guy.

If he would not have faced an atg and a sherman with the back of his tiger when we were making the last push.... lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
dailydose Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:56:47 pm »

...3. Make sure you have some indirect fire in your company if you and your team get stuck and cant move forward, such as snipers, arty, mortars etc.

4. If you having a hard time on your flank or dont know what/or how to do it, move over and support the rest of your team....

Very pertinent tips right here. Thank you. I definitely found indirect-units invaluable when I put them in my company. What's a good amount to have in a company? I found mortars to be useful, but can I do without a sniper, or are they indispensible?

If he would not have faced an atg and a sherman with the back of his tiger when we were making the last push.... lol.

My Tiger seems to be a rather fickle girl--she sometimes insists on shaking her lovely rear at the Allied boys when I'm trying to have her back away from them. I wonder if she's trying to make me jealous. Cheesy
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »

you should use the indirect fire you like the most. Since we dont see so few emplacements/bunker mortar does the same thing as sniper imo. I personally enjoy the sniper more since it can help you in a fast assault. Like pick off an atg or hmg at the same time you move in, mortar is to slow to make it a suprise.

But mortars arent bad in anyway, it just depend on your gamingstyle i suppose.

Well you should not have more then 2 mortars/snipers/arty if you wanna achieve maxium efficiency.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 10:17:46 pm »

I agree with denice she has a solid idea on the mortar use, it all depends on playstyle.

Most of the times though you want axis mortars due to lack of artillery or indirect and since axis mortar's already have superior range to allied one's. I find it suitable to bring 1 mortar as wehr or PE.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »

As far as snipers go, I would say give them time, I still have quite a few companies that I don't put snipers in simply because it's just not worth it unless you can really micro them.

the only time i have snipers is if its a company that happens to have things in it that can support it easily or if the sniper gets a bonus from the doctrine i need to take advantage of.

snipers can be game changers if you use them right, and they can be a waste of resources if you use them wrong.

depending on my company depends on how many mortars i bring, if it's tank heavy and i need to kill atgs, i bring 2x, if it's not centered around tanks, than just one.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

I know i can't use a allied sniper for shit but when i play Airborne i bring 2 and i hardly ever use the second.

my opinion honestly is always bring 1 sniper. it can't hurt to bring 1.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »

Most have been on a break when you made these.  I don't get why ppl kept on giving you shit in the comments about the pauses in the first 2 casts.  These casts should be designed with total noobs in mind.  Taking the time to pause and explain how they should be thinking tactically or pting out what role the unit should be doing on the battlefield at that moment is helpful.  If experienced players want to watch a smooth shoutcast they should just watch any other EIRR shoutcast or download a replay from the forums.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »

Pfft, I had 43 losses by the end of that game =p

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc