Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:41:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Poll
Question: Just in general, What's your fancy?
Beer
Wine
Whiskey/Vodka (Spirits)
Other
I'm Pure!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 31217 times)
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 05:53:50 am »

I live in the USA, my daughter is 5. Punishment depends on offense. If she is just being whiny or whatever, timeout in a corner. If that escalates to a tantrum, close the door and leave after telling her she has to calm down and have her time out. IF she keeps escalating she gets 1 smack on the rear. Never had it go beyond that.

If something is genuinely dangerous, like playing with a light socket or running into the street/parking lot, it's an immediate smack.

Don't have many issues with her at all.

this i can sign on.  however it would be for me inappropriate to interfere with their family methods, i was just pointing out that this difference in approach (they do not do any physical 'reminders' and imho kid just try to push you where your borders are if you are stranger) just drove me crazy to warrant me a bottle to balance me our Cheesy

Panzershreck, time to unpimp zis ride!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:50 am »

I live in the USA, my daughter is 5. Punishment depends on offense. If she is just being whiny or whatever, timeout in a corner. If that escalates to a tantrum, close the door and leave after telling her she has to calm down and have her time out. IF she keeps escalating she gets 1 smack on the rear. Never had it go beyond that.

If something is genuinely dangerous, like playing with a light socket or running into the street/parking lot, it's an immediate smack.

Don't have many issues with her at all.

ugh, how do me and ampm agree. thats how i do it. not totally but i'll take him off his game, or he has to go to the other room. he acts up way less with me than his mom cuz he knwos whats up

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 09:15:32 am »

Yeah, and then your kid will get really fucked up because he had such a terrible childhood where his parents just beat him up all the time. You can discipline your children without hitting them. In the military when people don't behave they don't bring up a whip and start torturing people, they make you do push-ups or peel potatoes.

But yeah apathy is the solution. I mean, it's easier to lose yourself in drugs than it is to cope with life. It's easier to steal what you want than it is to earn it. It's easier to beat a child than it is to raise it. Hell, love costs: it takes effort and work.

Sorry to disappoint you but you are basically monsters, your kid probably hates you and someday you'll probably wake up with a hammer lodged into your brain because of it. Lazy fucking nitwits.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:35 am »

The presence of physical punishment doesn't necessary mean that you beat the child all the time. Hell, like I said, it's all about the psychological aspect. The threat of the physical punishment is there for when children are going through phases of disobedience; it doesn't necessarily need to be enforced all the time, but it's useful to make an example every so often.

It certainly doesn't result in a scarred childhood. If anything, it's an important lesson in heirarchy.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:30 am »

If I had kids I would just ban the little fuckers......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 10:48:41 am »

LOL

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 10:49:40 am »

Step 1: Have kids
Step 2: Ban em
Step 3: HuhHuh
Step 4 :profit.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

I'm willing to bet Pony is a victim.

So Pony, what do you do if the child refuses to go along with good punishment? You put then in a timeout or whatever and they say Fuck it and go play. You have just lost any control.

Children like discipline, their job is to push boundaries. The parents job is to enforce them. My daughter prefers to be with me over her mother who does not beleive in physical punishment. Why? Because I dont punish without an explanation of what she did that was wrong and why. No matter what the punishment is she understands why its happening and what the rules are.

Oh yea, in the military that system works because they can enforce it with physical punishment, jail and lack of pay.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 11:09:08 am »

Children need to get beaten if they fuck up. Didnt hurt me in the long run, on the contrary I have respect for authorities and know how to behave.

Kids nowadays feel safe from harm, because as soon as someone touches them they scream rape and off they go. No respect fucked up behaviour and people get killed.

And all that could have been solved by giving them a nice slapsgiving.

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 11:40:35 am »

No respect fucked up behaviour and people get killed.

One could also argue the exact opposite, that children that do get hit by their parents are more likely to be violent.

Because it teaches them that violence is ok, puts spite in their heart and undermines trust in the people they ought to trust the most: their parents.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 11:43:33 am »

Baine, just because there is a lack of discipline does not mean they would be better off if someone hit them.

One could also argue the exact opposite, that children that do get hit by their parents are more likely to be violent. Because it teaches them that violence is ok, puts spite in their heart and undermines trust in the people they ought to trust the most: their parents.

Yes, that is exactly what most studies and research shows. Also important to note is that a large majority of criminals and criminal insane have one thing in common: their alcoholic parents beat them up and their shitty childhood drove them to crime and that just one of many similar examples so don't tell me it doesn't have any effect on their psychological health.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:47:19 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:06 am »

Yes, that is exactly what most studies and research shows. Also important to note is that a large majority of criminals and criminal insane have one thing in common: their alcoholic parents beat them up and their shitty childhood drove them to crime and that just one of many similar examples so don't tell me it doesn't have any effect on their psychological health.

Care to reference these studies and pieces of research?
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

Baine, just because there is a lack of discipline does not mean they would be better off if someone hit them.

thats being beaten up, not disciplined. theres a difference

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30:23 pm »

Yeah. There's a difference between discipline and violence

Like, say - if somebody went and beat heartmann up bloody we'd all be like what the fuck man.
However, if somebody went and took a sledgehammer to deadbolt's ribs nobody would so much as shrug.

You see the difference between those two situations? Same with kids.

Also, zero punishment to kids leads to this, rather than anything else:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFwkv14u3b4

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:51 pm »

clearly youre as dillusional as him, discipline teaches kids to respect and know the boundaries a lot faster so theres no pussyfooting around. usually a good smack on the arse, slap of the hand etc. im not sayin cave the kids face in like what he was referring to in alcoholic parents beating kids for no reason. theres clearly a line
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »

Deadbolt, I wasn't being sarcastic. I know, hard to tell with me.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 12:45:24 pm »

see thats easier sarcasm to understand, your format beforehand let you down
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 01:07:26 pm »

Look at the bald guy spazzing out in your sig.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 01:08:43 pm »

Yeah. There's a difference between discipline and violence

Like, say - if somebody went and beat heartmann up bloody we'd all be like what the fuck man.
However, if somebody went and took a sledgehammer to deadbolt's ribs nobody would so much as shrug.

You see the difference between those two situations? Same with kids.

Also, zero punishment to kids leads to this, rather than anything else:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFwkv14u3b4

There's one very big problem with that thinking. A person that is abusing their children will most likely not view it as abuse themselves, but as discipline. You wont know that you are one if you are one.

Punishment doesn't have to be violence, or "discipline" as you put it, to work.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:58 pm »

Eh, I'm not a very physical person. A simple smack on the ass is as far as I'd go really in terms of "violence".

Nah, anyone who knows me would be aware that I'd keep my kids in an iron fist of psychological terror.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc